LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Rest of the offseason

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fip24
  • Veteran
This is my "rest of the offseason" wish list on a slow news day...
Cut Goodwin and Coleman- save 8.7m against the cap This would give us roughly 25m in cap save
Sign Everson Griffin- 3 years 33M (cap hits of 8m,11m, 14m)--- adjusted cap of 17m
Kittle extension- increases his cap hit to 6m for 2020 -----adjusted cap number of 13.5m

Jeudy or Ruggs with pick 13 and CJ Henderson , Trevon Diggs or Yetur Gross Matos with 31
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fip24:
This is my "rest of the offseason" wish list on a slow news day...
Cut Goodwin and Coleman- save 8.7m against the cap This would give us roughly 25m in cap save
Sign Everson Griffin- 3 years 33M (cap hits of 8m,11m, 14m)--- adjusted cap of 17m
Kittle extension- increases his cap hit to 6m for 2020 -----adjusted cap number of 13.5m

Jeudy or Ruggs with pick 13 and CJ Henderson , Trevon Diggs or Yetur Gross Matos with 31

I like it, fip. Except cutting Coleman - he's our second best back.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 21, 2020 at 10:58 AM ]
Why would people want to cut Coleman? Wtf....
Originally posted by pdizo916:

To free up space
I would look to trade both Goodwin+Coleman for what ever draft pick we can get for them, if no trade materializes then I would cut them. Getting a Kittle extension would be huge, but if he is going to want WR type money, then I would let this season play out, and then play the franchise game if needed. High end TE's are making 11-13 million a season, and if he wants 18-20 then I would play the franchise tag game with him.

I wouldn't mind bringing in Suh on a 1 year deal to basically take over Buckners role, and allow Armstead to continue to play the role he did last year, where he had his break out season. As far as our draft goes, we need picks in rounds 2-4. WR to me isn't as big of a priority this draft as some make it out to be. We have Bourne+Deebo+Taylor as the presumed starters, with Hurd+Pettis+James as back ups right now, assuming Goodwin is traded/cut. I would look to draft a WR in the 2nd-3rd round assuming we trade down from 13 and start getting middle round picks for sliding down in the 1st.

My priority in the draft would be CB with the 1st pick, followed by IOL with our 2nd pick, we need someone to eventually be the long term RG assuming Brunskill is this year, and then moves to Tackle when Staley retires. 3rd pick I go WR, and then after that pretty much BPA. We can still have these first 3 picks be mid-late first round, and early 2nd round, so the talent is still going to be really good with those picks. Those our are 3 big needs, so getting early round talent would help fill that need.

I can't figure this out. People just want to free up space while getting weaker at another position? It would literally leave us with 1 good back. Brieda sucks and Mck isn't playing and if he miraculous does he will not be the same player. We run way to much to not have a good 1-2 punch like with what we have in Coleman and heem
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Mar 21, 2020 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:

I wouldn't mind bringing in Suh on a 1 year deal to basically take over Buckners role, and allow Armstead to continue to play the role he did last year, where he had his break out season. As far as our draft goes, we need picks in rounds 2-4. WR to me isn't as big of a priority this draft as some make it out to be. We have Bourne+Deebo+Taylor as the presumed starters, with Hurd+Pettis+James as back ups right now, assuming Goodwin is traded/cut. I would look to draft a WR in the 2nd-3rd round assuming we trade down from 13 and start getting middle round picks for sliding down in the 1st.

Deebo is a starting quality NFL WR going into his 2nd year (hopefully no sophomore slump). Bourne is a #3 or #4 type WR. Taylor played zero snaps last year and had very low production the year before due to injury. This would be one of the weakest WR line ups in the NFL. God forbid if something happened to Deebo, we would have poo. I'm really hoping Hurd breaks out, but as of now he has never played a down in the NFL. WR is out weakest position group on the team. Our CB position can use a boost too.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Teams getting better and well we are just mehhhh
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I can't figure this out. People just want to free up space while getting weaker at another position? It would literally leave us with 1 good back. Brieda sucks and Mck isn't playing and if he miraculous does he will not be the same player. We run way to much to not have a good 1-2 punch like with what we have in Coleman and heem

Breida far from sucks. His career avg as of right now is 5.0.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Why does a midget want to be tall, why does a fat lady want to be slim, why does Pettis like cats, why does Ford skip surgery, why did Matt Patricia talk about sucking D..... I don't get it

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Breida far from sucks. His career avg as of right now is 5.0.

He had an off / bad year, I think he bounces back big

I can't figure this out. People just want to free up space while getting weaker at another position?

You mean like John Lynch just did with Mike Person and Tom Compton?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeKro:
Teams getting better and well we are just mehhhh

I can't argue with this
The 49ers had TWO runningbacks in the top 5 of yards per carry.

Raheem 137/772 5.6 ypc
Breida 123/623 5.1 ypc

Total 260/1395 5.36 ypc

Coleman 137/544 4.0 ypc

Raheem 3.15 million
Breida 3.25 million
McKinnon 2.9 million
Wilson Jr. 750,000

Count me in the crew who thinks we will be just fine without Colemans 4.86 million cap hit if nobody signs Breida, which I dont think will happen.
Agreed, we will be fine without Coleman. Mostert-Breida-Wilson-McKinnon is a fine RB stable, especially when we can use Colemans nearly 5 million dollar savings else where, like towards a Kittle extension, or possibly bringing in someone like Suh to take over Buckners spot on our D, so Armstead can continue playing the same positions he played for us last year when he had 10 sacks and stayed healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone