LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Rest of the offseason

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm on the dump Goodwin and Coleman club to save around 8M bucks.
They can pick a RB in round 7 or just undrafted guys. Never spend big on this position.
As for Goodwin, he has had one good yearin 2017 and been irrelevant the rest. To keep him after losing Sanders would make no sense.
Originally posted by SisterFister:
The 49ers had TWO runningbacks in the top 5 of yards per carry.

Raheem 137/772 5.6 ypc
Breida 123/623 5.1 ypc

Total 260/1395 5.36 ypc

Coleman 137/544 4.0 ypc

Raheem 3.15 million
Breida 3.25 million
McKinnon 2.9 million
Wilson Jr. 750,000

Count me in the crew who thinks we will be just fine without Colemans 4.86 million cap hit if nobody signs Breida, which I dont think will happen.

And where are the fumble stats? Breida actually got lucky on a few as well as we recovered them.
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
I'm on the dump Goodwin and Coleman club to save around 8M bucks.
They can pick a RB in round 7 or just undrafted guys. Never spend big on this position.
As for Goodwin, he has had one good yearin 2017 and been irrelevant the rest. To keep him after losing Sanders would make no sense.

Think they're going to keep him, especially after now losing Sanders.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
The rest of 2020 might be an off season
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Agreed, we will be fine without Coleman. Mostert-Breida-Wilson-McKinnon is a fine RB stable, especially when we can use Colemans nearly 5 million dollar savings else where, like towards a Kittle extension, or possibly bringing in someone like Suh to take over Buckners spot on our D, so Armstead can continue playing the same positions he played for us last year when he had 10 sacks and stayed healthy.

Thank you!!!!!! I like where your heads at! Of course.....I concur
Originally posted by NeKro:
Teams getting better and well we are just mehhhh

Niners went 13-3 and just went to the SB. Other teams are getting better because they have to. Chiefs haven't done anything really either and are also going to lose some key guys. Chiefs and Niners the only two teams who didn't do anything in free agency and that's because they were the two most stacked teams. Teams in the NFC had to try and improve, just to get on our level.
[ Edited by JTB1974 on Mar 22, 2020 at 2:19 AM ]
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Niners went 13-3 and just went to the SB. Other teams are getting better because they have to. Chiefs haven't done anything really either and are also going to lose some key guys. Chiefs and Niners the only two teams who didn't do anything in free agency and that's because they were the two most stacked teams. Teams in the NFC had to try and improve, just to get on our level.

And that's why very few teams repeat. The good teams are either complacent or they have salary cap issues that force them to release players and sit out the free agency. Then they draft later and the can't miss guys are gone. It's why the NFL is the most competitive league in sports.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
By a case of Coronas...gon be a long one

Yeah. Every year teams get better during free agency. That's where it's at.
Originally posted by LVJay:

I see what you did

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by LVJay:

I see what you did

... tis the Season Of Corona
Originally posted by fip24:
This is my "rest of the offseason" wish list on a slow news day...
Cut Goodwin and Coleman- save 8.7m against the cap This would give us roughly 25m in cap save
Sign Everson Griffin- 3 years 33M (cap hits of 8m,11m, 14m)--- adjusted cap of 17m
Kittle extension- increases his cap hit to 6m for 2020 -----adjusted cap number of 13.5m

Jeudy or Ruggs with pick 13 and CJ Henderson , Trevon Diggs or Yetur Gross Matos with 31

We're not at $19.5M in cap room, the NFLPA database has us about $20.169M, but doesn't include Jimmie Ward's deal, nor does it include the $2M acceleration of Jerick McKinnon's 2021 prorated money onto the 2020 cap hit as the 2021 yr voids, nor does it include any of the 1yr deals, or Sherman's $1M signing bonus, and still has Mike Person as a 49er.

We're more like $15M right now after Blair's terms were revealed, we're closer to $10M IMO in cap room with the other 5 1yr deals IMO.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Yeah. Every year teams get better during free agency. That's where it's at.

Wait the NFC Champs/SB runner ups are meh? Because they didn't overpay other teams FAs? C'mon, give me a break.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by SisterFister:
The 49ers had TWO runningbacks in the top 5 of yards per carry.

Raheem 137/772 5.6 ypc
Breida 123/623 5.1 ypc

Total 260/1395 5.36 ypc

Coleman 137/544 4.0 ypc

Raheem 3.15 million
Breida 3.25 million
McKinnon 2.9 million
Wilson Jr. 750,000

Count me in the crew who thinks we will be just fine without Colemans 4.86 million cap hit if nobody signs Breida, which I dont think will happen.

And where are the fumble stats? Breida actually got lucky on a few as well as we recovered them.

And Tevin scored 7 TDs, how many did Breida? We're better off with Coleman and Mostert as our top backs, plus the guy played 2 weeks after disclocating his shoulder, plus Breida didn't play in the SB, Wilson did.
Share 49ersWebzone