There are 288 users in the forums

Does Jimmy G need to redeem himself from the SB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Jimmy G need to redeem himself from the SB?

Originally posted by cciowa:
if you think jimmy needs to. so does kyle

NO question about it, agreed. IMHO, the luster of his "offensive genius" has worn off a bit with this SB loss. That label was nice 3 years ago when he was hired but now it's getting dinged up. The guy had his SB-winning father in his corner and two weeks to prepare for a SB yet fielded an anemic, under-performing offense despite ranking #2 in scoring and going up against an average Spags D. No excuse. He #$%^ the bed, big time.
[ Edited by SteveYoung8 on Mar 25, 2020 at 3:04 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveYoung8:

NO question about it, agreed. IMHO, the luster of his "offensive genius" as worn off a bit with this SB loss. That label was nice 3 years ago when he was hired but now it's getting dinged up. The guy had his SB-winning father in his corner and two weeks to prepare yet fielded an anemic, under-performing offense despite ranking #2 in scoring and going up against an average Spags D. No excuse. He #$%^ the bed, big time.

and " you have to give the chiefs credit" is a weak built in excuse in my opinion. i blame kyle more than jimmy for the loss . but the over throw to sanders was on jimmy.

NO question about it, agreed. IMHO, the luster of his "offensive genius" as worn off a bit with this SB loss. That label was nice 3 years ago when he was hired but now it's getting dinged up. The guy had his SB-winning father in his corner and two weeks to prepare yet fielded an anemic, under-performing offense despite ranking #2 in scoring and going up against an average Spags D. No excuse. He #$%^ the bed, big time.

and " you have to give the chiefs credit" is a weak built in excuse in my opinion. i blame kyle more than jimmy for the loss . but the over throw to sanders was on jimmy.

Yep, I give Vinavich and his cronies more credit for influencing the game in KC's favor than I do the Chiefs. Chiefs didn't do anything special for almost the entire game to win it. They looked very ordinary and beatable. 49ers gave it away. That 3rd and 15 bomb to Hill only happened b/c Bosa was sodomized on his way to a sure sack of PM but it wasn't called. KS is the HC and if he had the killer instinct that his father did the game would've been over by half time so he surely is primarily to blame. JG comes in second only because, as the qb, he touches the ball every play, made some big mistakes including the over throw (which he admitted doing) and recorded the worst 4th quarter passer rating for a SB qb in 20 years. 2.8 I love JG but, geeeeesh, he folded like a paper bag under pressure.
[ Edited by SteveYoung8 on Mar 25, 2020 at 3:13 AM ]
To those rewriting history, just because you keep repeating it, doesn't make it true.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
To those rewriting history, just because you keep repeating it, doesn't make it true.
all i said was that i do blame kyle more for the super bowl loss than jimmy.. i do not think that is typical cc crazy talk.. i think many people have that opinion.. i like both very much. i am very glad we never dumped jimmy. but i think its more than ok to hold those two accountable for the loss. whatever order you choose to put it in is up to you

NO question about it, agreed. IMHO, the luster of his "offensive genius" as worn off a bit with this SB loss. That label was nice 3 years ago when he was hired but now it's getting dinged up. The guy had his SB-winning father in his corner and two weeks to prepare for a SB yet fielded an anemic, under-performing offense despite ranking #2 in scoring and going up against an average Spags D. No excuse. He #$%^ the bed, big time.

" ranking #2 in scoring this year"

" the luster of his "offensive genius" as worn off a bit with this SB loss."

Contradict much!!??
🤪
🤣
Pick a side dude any side!!

How could anyone take your opinions serious when you contradict yourself constantly?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

Contradict much!!??
🤪
🤣

How could anyone take your opinions serious when you contradict yourself constantly?
i think its pretty disheartening when you had the number two offense with two weeks to prepare for a chiefs team that is not a world beater on defense and we came up with such a pathetic effort and game plan.. and after you give chiefs credit. you need to look in the mirror coach. no hating. just saying
Originally posted by Jesusisreal:
Cam newton as back up?

We have the best backup QB situation in the league...
Originally posted by Jesusisreal:
Cam newton as back up?

Are you being serious? I'm actually asking.

NO question about it, agreed. IMHO, the luster of his "offensive genius" as worn off a bit with this SB loss. That label was nice 3 years ago when he was hired but now it's getting dinged up. The guy had his SB-winning father in his corner and two weeks to prepare for a SB yet fielded an anemic, under-performing offense despite ranking #2 in scoring and going up against an average Spags D. No excuse. He #$%^ the bed, big time.

Contradict much!!??
🤪
🤣

You're waay off base. I don't see how it's contradicting. The 49ers had the #2 scoring offense in the league BEFORE the SB and then KS @#$% the bed and fielded an anemic offense that fell short of performing like a #2 DURING the SB and lost = luster worn off. Seems consistent to me. That's how you can take my opinions seriously.
[ Edited by SteveYoung8 on Mar 24, 2020 at 12:00 PM ]

• cciowa
  • Veteran
You're waay off base. I don't see how it's contradicting. The 49ers had the #2 scoring offense in the league BEFORE the SB and then KS @#$% the bed and fielded an anemic offense that fell short of performing like a #2 DURING the SB and lost = luster worn off. Seems consistent to me. That's how you can take my opinions seriously.

sorry jeep.. steve has made a very good point..plus he had two weeks to get ready. kyle did look lost late in the game

sorry jeep.. steve has made a very good point..plus he had two weeks to get ready. kyle did look lost late in the game

When rules in the SB are different and you're playing the best of the AFC things happen. Refs call a fair game and we're winning it.

You can question some of Kyle's decisions but if the players execute or the Chiefs fail to make some big boy plays it's a totally different outcome. Same as it was with Atlanta.

But who's the guy calling an extremely low percentage deep bomb pass on a crucial 3rd down in the Super Bowl, with a QB who, despite his strengths, has never shown to be very good at throwing this pass at all?

They needed to get a first down or close to it on that play for a manageable 4th. Terrible, risky homerun call. Of course if he completes it, the whole narrative changes, but I'd still say it was a dumb playcall that had a fantastic, lucky outcome.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

But who's the guy calling an extremely low percentage deep bomb pass on a crucial 3rd down in the Super Bowl, with a QB who, despite his strengths, has never shown to be very good at throwing this pass at all?

They needed to get a first down or close to it on that play for a manageable 4th. Terrible, risky homerun call. Of course if he completes it, the whole narrative changes, but I'd still say it was a dumb playcall that had a fantastic, lucky outcome.

That's exactly it. They've connected deep before. So it's not like it was completely out of the real of possibility that it would work.

Let's not forget the 4th and 2 throw vs the Ravens. That was a regular season game and we ended up losing anyways but the QB saw the opening and made the throw. Ravens game Deebo made the play for the big TD or we'd be saying "why the hell did he throw it deep when we only needed a first down"

Same situation here. Sanders doesn't get to it and we're here questioning the play. It was open. Jimmy missed and Sanders didn't get to it. It's how it goes.

As you said it's a low % throw but the play was there to be made...execution didn't happen. Kyle's play design and call had 2 guys open. One would've been for a TD and Bourne underneath for a big first down. Hard to blame coaching for that one. It's up to the players to execute.

If you want to blame the playcalling it would be why we didn't run it earlier to give us a 3rd and manageable. Then again you can also just give credit to Chris Jones for making plays and stopping what would've been big plays or at least plays to move the chains.

Sometimes defenders just make plays.

Contradict much!!??
🤪
🤣

i think its pretty disheartening when you had the number two offense with two weeks to prepare for a chiefs team that is not a world beater on defense and we came up with such a pathetic effort and game plan.. and after you give chiefs credit. you need to look in the mirror coach. no hating. just saying

Yea it sucks so much ass...

It was a total "global team" meltdown if you ask me. Add that to a KC team that had the most holding penalties in the NFL not getting called for a single one, and it was just a sad sad month for me.

I usually have nfl network or espn when they have football stuff on every day for years, and I have not watched one thing on tv yet. I sure don't want to hear everyone sucking off Pat M when the dude looked like ass until his line mugged our pass rush..
Let our line mug there DL & we win the game.

Oh well, new year hopefully it's a good year again.
[ Edited by Jeepzilla on Mar 24, 2020 at 1:33 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone