LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Refs definitely had a role in this one

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I kept seeing g false starts by CVS right tackle and then they would crop him out of replay
The refs made some bad calls on us. But we basically blew up ourselves.
The refs didn't help at all. On the pass interference on Kittle the defender initiated contact in which case both men have a right to fight for the ball. When Jimmy got shoved out of bounds as he was entering the sideline, it should have been a flag. Let that happen to any of the "primetime" QBs of the league and it's called everytime. Tons of holding, the chiefs jumped offsides on the 3rd and 14 so we should have had another chance. Very frustrating no doubt.

In the end though you can't put 20 points on the Chiefs and expect to win. Their offense is too good.
First, we just didn't make enough plays. The play calling was questionable in the 4th. The OPI on kittle was the right call. But some bad no calls like the HUGE 3rd and long conversions for KC was hold on Ford early in the game on Mahomes 16 yard scramble. Or the helmet to helmet against Jimmy when we were up 20-17 on 3rd and 5 with under 6 minutes left in the game. We still should have won, but these no calls are crucial, especially on 3rd downs
Originally posted by DJamhour:
First, we just didn't make enough plays. The play calling was questionable in the 4th. The OPI on kittle was the right call. But some bad no calls like the HUGE 3rd and long conversions for KC was hold on Ford early in the game on Mahomes 16 yard scramble. Or the helmet to helmet against Jimmy when we were up 20-17 on 3rd and 5 with under 6 minutes left in the game. We still should have won, but these no calls are crucial, especially on 3rd downs

This. Refs didn't cost the Niners the game, but they certainly favored the Chiefs.
Originally posted by trogdor:
Originally posted by DJamhour:

This. Refs didn't cost the Niners the game, but they certainly favored the Chiefs.

I completely agree. My issue is that by swallowing their whistles on the OL holding, that neutered what made the defense great in the first place. Niners should've won regardless because the opportunities were there, but I'm getting tired of this stuff.
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
I completely agree. My issue is that by swallowing their whistles on the OL holding, that neutered what made the defense great in the first place. Niners should've won regardless because the opportunities were there, but I'm getting tired of this stuff.

THIS what's the point of having pass rushers if you're allowed to hold them all game? Make the OL play honest at least. It was disgusting
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:

THIS what's the point of having pass rushers if you're allowed to hold them all game? Make the OL play honest at least. It was disgusting

In Goodell's fantasy football league, you need a QB who is able to score. If Jimmy was more sharper, we would have won this game. He should have seen a wide open Kittle. Maybe complete that deep pass to Sanders. Maybe we should be build up our interior OL better. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Just like in the NBA, officiating is different in the playoffs.
Originally posted by swayze:
I don't want to become the damn Saints complaining about every loss like it was someone else's fault. Sure the refs sucked but they didn't make our 4Q play calling s**t. That's on us. We lost. We need to be better.

There WAS plays to be had though. plain and simple.

Our players didn't execute them (mainly Jimmy). The refs totally f**ked us even more on top of it. Hard to win in general, damn near impossible in those conditions last night.

not one single hold call against them NOT ONE. f**king failure on their part.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
In Goodell's fantasy football league, you need a QB who is able to score. If Jimmy was more sharper, we would have won this game. He should have seen a wide open Kittle. Maybe complete that deep pass to Sanders. Maybe we should be build up our interior OL better. Sucks, but it is what it is.

I agree Jimmy didn't play well. There was plays to be had and he simply missed them. I don't think the IOL was awful last night for the most part. The fact the refs didn't call a single hold call on that OL is inexcusable though. s**t they could have throw a flag damn near every drop back, just to keep them honest.

They had no problem throwing a flag on one of SFs biggest plays of the night. They had no problem not calling a clear offsides on KC on 3rd down. When games are this close things like that can change outcomes.

I agree Jimmy didn't play well. There was plays to be had and he simply missed them. I don't think the IOL was awful last night for the most part. The fact the refs didn't call a single hold call on that OL is inexcusable though. s**t they could have throw a flag damn near every drop back, just to keep them honest.

They had no problem throwing a flag on one of SFs biggest plays of the night. They had no problem not calling a clear offsides on KC on 3rd down. When games are this close things like that can change outcomes.

Absolutely. Niners still lost the game, but had the refs called a couple clear holds, or the offsides, or the helmet to helmet, or the late hit out of bounds...sheesh, and I could keep going. Shameful.

And yet KC drew 3 flags all night and all 3 were completely meaningless.

I hear you and love your posts, but let's be real. We were up by ten with 9 minutes left? We lost that game. No idea Why Kyle stopped running. Imo He coached afraid of what Mahomes may do. It's just left me realizing he's not as amazing as we think. You could smell the fear coming off of him on the tv last night.
  • Jiks
I don't blame the refs at all but I just want to see consistency. If you're going to call a ticky tack PI on Kittle, then you better call a blatant hold on Bosa, late hit on Jimmy, or the late hit on Kittle when the play was well over. When refs miss stuff like that it gives you no choice but to start thinking.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Every team that loses says this. You'll get no sympathy from the NFL here. There's a line of teams who want their due.

I just want them to call an honest game, that's all. You're gonna call a OPI on Kittle? How many times have we seen that same type of play and it not being called? s**t was saw the Vikings do it vs the Saints this yr to win the game (IMO that was much worse). Kittle had the dude beat and it really wouldn't have affected the outcome of him catching the ball. In fact it probably ends up as a DPI as he had his head turned towards Kittle and was running right into him.

Calling crap like that and not calling one single holding calling? not calling offsides? I understand we as fans are looking for answers and who to blame. IMO the refs were VERY one-sided. IF I was a Chief fan I would have no problem admitting it and saying whatever we won.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I hear you and love your posts, but let's be real. We were up by ten with 9 minutes left? We lost that game. No idea Why Kyle stopped running. Imo He coached afraid of what Mahomes may do. It's just left me realizing he's not as amazing as we think. You could smell the fear coming off of him on the tv last night.

That offside no-call was right around the 9 min mark. That 3rd and 15 play had a HUGE no call on holding that would have made it 3rd 25 that was the turning point and the refs DIDN'T do their job.... I think KC scored 14 pts off those no-calls. Toss in a very questionable OPI that would have lead to at least a FG.

KC was selling out the run hard, they knew it was coming. I would have liked to run the ball more I agree there BUT There was easy pass plays to be had and our QB simply didn't execute them. How many tipped passes did Jimmy G have last night? like 4 or 5? I'm not gonna hate on our QB and I'm glad we have him. He played awful when SF needed him though.
Share 49ersWebzone