LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Refs definitely had a role in this one

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yes he is the golden boy and the face of the NFL now with Brady getting older. They will do everything they can to help him and it really shows.

Brady was never the NFL's golden boy. He has been on the wrong of so many bad calls during his career. Most notably in the 2005 game against Denver, the 2006 game against Indy, and the first super bowl against the Giants
Originally posted by ubaisore:
The 3rd and 15 that really swung the game, Bosa got held by two guys. We still should have done more on offense, but that was a killer

That was the dagger.
Originally posted by dolphinsneu:
Yes he is the golden boy and the face of the NFL now with Brady getting older. They will do everything they can to help him and it really shows.

Brady was never the NFL's golden boy. He has been on the wrong of so many bad calls during his career. Most notably in the 2005 game against Denver, the 2006 game against Indy, and the first super bowl against the Giants

Lol What?
The refs didn't tell shanahan he couldn't run the ball anymore.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Lol What?

All three of those games featured bad calls that directly impacted the game
Originally posted by 49ermark:
Bottom line ... we should have never ever rely on refs to call a game a certain way. It's fools gold.

This. Everybody feels their team gets f'd over. There was a lot of attention to KC leading up to this game (Reid finally winning one, Mahomes is the next great player, 100 year anniversary and the KC-AFL-Lamar Hunt connection along with the they-haven't-won-one-in-50-years narrative, etc), so I'm sure if us fans saw it as bias, then some on the team probably did, too. KC made plays with their opportunities and we didn't especially in the 4th quarter. I hate losing just as much as the next guy, but I'm not gonna be sore about it ( unless it's SEA or DAL )

Lol What?

LOL. What is right.

Dude. They literally changed the NFL rule book to accommodate Brady. When he injured his knee they changed the NFL rule book. You could no longer hit QB's low. How many QB's around the league do you see them changing the NFL rule book for? Because they did that for Brady. To say he is not the golden boy of the NFL is utterly rediculous.......
Lol What?

All three of those games featured bad calls that directly impacted the game

I meant what at Brady not being the NFLs golden boy. They literally made a rule after he was injured. And he gets more favorable calls than pretty much and other QB (Rodgers is close)

Lol What?

LOL. What is right.

Dude. They literally changed the NFL rule book to accommodate Brady. When he injured his knee they changed the NFL rule book. You could no longer hit QB's low. How many QB's around the league do you see them changing the NFL rule book for? Because they did that for Brady. To say he is not the golden boy of the NFL is utterly rediculous.......

Remember Carson Palmer getting hurt the same way vs Steelers in that playoff game years prior but no rule change happened for him. Why? Because he wasn't the NFL darling like Brady.
Brady has more calls go against them than for him.

But anyway, I need a rule clarification.

What is the rule about challenging pass interferences? How come none of the calls/no calls were challenged?
[ Edited by dolphinsneu on Feb 2, 2020 at 9:50 PM ]

Lol blaming refs. We lost. The Chiefs were the better team today. We will be back we have an extremely young team.

Bull, the Chiefs didn't have the better team they had a better player at one position that is QB. The NFL wants superstar QB's and frankly that got into the refs heads and changed how the game was called. When you have things like fragrant off-sides not being called it can't be explained any other way.
  • dj43
Brady has more calls go against them than for him.

But anyway, I need a rule clarification.

What is the rule about challenging pass interferences? How come none of the calls/no calls were challenged?
The percentage of PI challenges upheld was something like 5%. Unless it is pretty obvious, you don't waste a TO on the chance.

The OPI on Kittle was legit. So was Moore in the end zone.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
The holding on Queefs' oline, I don't think the refs called any of them. There was a lot of holding

We had our chances, the refs weren't totally awful to us. Our secondary and Oline needs a lot of work this off season. Period
s**t happens, we still had a chance but blew it.
Originally posted by LVJay:
The holding on Queefs' oline, I don't think the refs called any of them. There was a lot of holding

We had our chances, the refs weren't totally awful to us. Our secondary and Oline needs a lot of work this off season. Period

We didn't have any holding penalties either
Share 49ersWebzone