There are 219 users in the forums

49ers Home & Away Schedule For the 2020 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Schedule looks brutal on paper.

which games exactly?

looks manageable to me.
Barring anything crazy like injuries or things like that, I think it'll break down like this

Home:
Buffalo Bills - Loss (in a close game, Buffalo's the best team in the East, picking up Diggs was huge for them)
Green Bay Packers - Win (they're just a bad matchup against us)
Miami Dolphins - Win (It's Miami, they suck)
Philadelphia Eagles - Win
Washington Redskins - Win (They suck
Seattle Seahawks - Win (These games will be close
Arizona Cardinals - Win, but close (Arizona is going to be vastly improved with Murray getting another season under his belt, and Hopkins with Fitzgerald is going to give defenses fits)
LA Rams - Win (The Rams are a mess)

Road:
Dallas Cowboys - Win (Always fun to beat the Cowboys in Dallas)
New England Patriots - Win (they're going to fall apart without Brady)
New Orleans Saints - Loss (the addition of Sanders, possibly might be Drew's last year and they're going to want to get us back for how we beat them last year and that Vikings loss (again ) in the playoffs. They're in Super Bowl or bust mode)
New York Giants - Win (They suck)
New York Jets - Win (They suck)
Seattle Seahawks - Loss (I think we'll split again)
Arizona Cardinals - Loss in a close game due to what I mentioned above (I think we'll split)
LA Rams - Win

I could easily see us hitting 13-3 or 12-4.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Seriously we go to NO 3x more than they come here.

What the hell? Seriously. Don't we ever get them at home? They get a home game vs the 49ers every year. This is ridiculous.

Here's how I believe it works:

When the NFC South plays the NFC West every four years, they make sure those are rotated cleanly (2010 and 2016 in SF, 2013 and 2019 in NO). It's the other times when you match up the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th place teams, that rotation I believe alternates every year.

2012 SF @NO
2014 SF @NO

Had it been 2011 and 2015/2017, I believe those games would have been in SF.

I just checked the all time meetings head to head, and it does seem like the 49ers play in New Orleans a lot more than the other way around, but IMO more coincidental timing than anything else.

In the 2000s, it was 5-4 in regular season biased to NO. 2010s 4-2, biased towards Saints.

And we should only go from 2002+ onwards as per the NFC West realignment of the Saints out of our division.

As much as it sucks, we don't always lose when we go there, and I think many of you would take our schedule to make sure we had them at home in 2011 NFC divisional round.
Originally posted by linkboy:
Barring anything crazy like injuries or things like that, I think it'll break down like this

Home:
Buffalo Bills - Loss (in a close game, Buffalo's the best team in the East, picking up Diggs was huge for them)
Arizona Cardinals - Win, but close (Arizona is going to be vastly improved with Murray getting another season under his belt, and Hopkins with Fitzgerald is going to give defenses fits)

Road:
New Orleans Saints - Loss (the addition of Sanders, possibly might be Drew's last year and they're going to want to get us back for how we beat them last year and that Vikings loss (again ) in the playoffs. They're in Super Bowl or bust mode)
Arizona Cardinals - Loss in a close game due to what I mentioned above (I think we'll split)
LA Rams - Win

What your prediction (and most others) fail to take into account are losses against teams you typically have no business to (trap games, flukes) and wins against great competition. This happens basically every year to every team. Unless the said team finishes 14-2 or better, it's always on the list, and even the 2011 packers that went 15-1 lost their lone game to a sub .500 Kansas City.

So I can see the 49ers beating the Saints in your above scenario and losing to the Jets or maybe Dolphins.

I predicted like a boss that the Niners would probably beat 2 of 3 of Packers/Ravens/Saints and then lose to the Falcons.

Also thought we'd lose one to the Cards and instead each game was tight AF.

And both Seahawks games were tight as hell, and meanwhile the Cards and Rams beat up on them better than we did in their wins? Again, it didn't line up with how teams played throughout the year.

I can almost guarantee these things more than actual win/loss records, just tough to know which team exactly.

Look back at the 2011 49ers, they lost to the Cowboys, Cardinals, and Ravens. Only one of those teams made the playoffs...
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Apr 13, 2020 at 12:22 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Seriously we go to NO 3x more than they come here.

What the hell? Seriously. Don't we ever get them at home? They get a home game vs the 49ers every year. This is ridiculous.

Ditto
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by linkboy:

Home:

Road:
LA Rams - Win

What your prediction (and most others) fail to take into account are losses against teams you typically have no business to (trap games, flukes) and wins against great competition. This happens basically every year to every team. Unless the said team finishes 14-2 or better, it's always on the list, and even the 2011 packers that went 15-1 lost their lone game to a sub .500 Kansas City.

So I can see the 49ers beating the Saints in your above scenario and losing to the Jets or maybe Dolphins.

I predicted like a boss that the Niners would probably beat 2 of 3 of Packers/Ravens/Saints and then lose to the Falcons.

Also thought we'd lose one to the Cards and instead each game was tight AF.

And both Seahawks games were tight as hell, and meanwhile the Cards and Rams beat up on them better than we did in their wins? Again, it didn't line up with how teams played throughout the year.

I can almost guarantee these things more than actual win/loss records, just tough to know which team exactly.

Look back at the 2011 49ers, they lost to the Cowboys, Cardinals, and Ravens. Only one of those teams made the playoffs...

true. it would be smart to estimate at least one, maybe even 2, out of character "trap game" losses like the falcons game last year. but on the same hand seeing how good our team really is now it would equally as smart to estimate one surprise win in a game that looked like we were def setup to lose like the saints or last seattle game last year.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
We still playing the Rams in China next year? Lol

lol no.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
So we will get the dates and times of these games on May 9th. The league plans to still play a 17 week schedule.

It'll be interesting to see how this impacts the major market teams in the hardest hit areas of COVID-19.
Man can't wait to plan the road trips, Boston and NYC just trying to be optimistic. We will have football !
Did y'all read Peter King's article about Santa Clarita county ?

Barring major injuries, this team has no excuse to lose a home game. That s**t is cake. The only two losses that I forgive them for is up in Seattle and in New Orleans. Of course, injuries will play a factor but this is a super cake schedule.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Barring major injuries, this team has no excuse to lose a home game. That s**t is cake. The only two losses that I forgive them for is up in Seattle and in New Orleans. Of course, injuries will play a factor but this is a super cake schedule.

15-1
I heard we play all of our away games @NO this year
Share 49ersWebzone