There are 216 users in the forums

49ers Home & Away Schedule For the 2020 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
dude, give it a rest, let's just live in the glow of this season first and worry about next season after we win the SB this year... change to decaf

• Kyzen
You can bet that after this season, the league will find every way it can to absolutely screw us or trip us up with scheduling next year. They did their best this season with the brutal early season road games, then the late season push against GB, Baltimore and NO, back to back to back and we came through that like champs. Then they get arguably the best game of the season on the last game of the year from us at Seattle. They should be happy af with this years Niner squad for boosting their ratings.
Originally posted by Jaci:
Originally posted by wailers15:
man that's a brutal traveling schedule

It always is.

Hopefully they let the niners play back to back weeks in Jersey, would definitely be a good thing
  • Kyzen
Originally posted by jersey49er:

It always is.

Hopefully they let the niners play back to back weeks in Jersey, would definitely be a good thing

It will be something like.....@Giants, @LA Rams, @NYJ..........watch.
Originally posted by Kyzen:

It always is.

It will be something like.....@Giants, @LA Rams, @NYJ..........watch.

I hope the NFL doesn't do the niners like that
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

It always is.

Jersey, why would it be a good thing for them to have back to back weeks in Jersey?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 1, 2020 at 4:15 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:

It always is.

Jersey, why would it be a good thing for them to have back to back weeks in Jersey?

So their east coast trip is basically over other the NE, which I'm positive will be a prime time game, trips to Dallas and NO won't be as bad.
Washington hires Rivera. Their talent isn't awful but ron vs Shanny...chalk that up as a win
If Niners stay healthy, they're capable of winning all these games, like the first half of this season

Put me down for 15-1
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by Niners_D:
East coast games:

New England Patriots
New York Giants
New York Jets

Vs east coast teams coming to Levi's:

Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

I'll take it. Playing vs the East teams sucks with travel, but it doesn't look as bad as it could. Best case I guess would be a three game road trip at NY, NY, and New England? Two weeks stay in Ohio.

I'm also glad that the Giants game is away. Their fans are the most obnoxious in the league and I don't care to sit by one at the game anytime in the near future

Giants fans might be obnoxious in SF, but to be honest they are a great fanbase in NY. Went to the Niners game vs Giants a few years ago. Donned by Niner gear they were generous to me.

Philly fans, on the other hand, are just as bad as Raider fans.

Exactly. Giants fans and I laughed together, and against the Jets, I was even complimented on my throwback jersey. Philly, well, I knew not to wear any Niner attire, and they threw garbage at the person near me wearing a gold Niner jacket. Niners won all those games

Originally posted by mayo49:

It always is.

Not having to travel across the country?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kyzen:
You can bet that after this season, the league will find every way it can to absolutely screw us or trip us up with scheduling next year. They did their best this season with the brutal early season road games, then the late season push against GB, Baltimore and NO, back to back to back and we came through that like champs. Then they get arguably the best game of the season on the last game of the year from us at Seattle. They should be happy af with this years Niner squad for boosting their ratings.

Yup, 49ers made their ratings a lot better.

They did try to F us with that late season push and early bye week. Let's see how they schedule in the games this time around. If its not already mapped out, they'll probably make us play Patriots / Saints (back to back), Rams, Cowboys and cawks (twice) in a six game stretch
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
saints fans were saying the winner of our game last night would have to travel to NO again next season. Anyone know if thats true?

Yes, it's based off the rotating schedule. 2020 road opponents include us traveling to play the team who finished in the same position in their division. Niners and Saints both won their division. Therefore, we travel to the Saints next year.

It's not like we're being randomly forced to play the Saints or any other team on the road for no reason. It's all based on the schedule format/formula. You can track "as of today" future opponents from year to year pretty easily.

We both won our division , so Why wouldn't they travel to us?
8 out of 11 times doesn't make sense if it's a "formula". Formula is flawed then because that gives NO a constant advantage.
NFL doesn't have any control on NO coming to us or us going to NO?
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
8 out of 11 times doesn't make sense if it's a "formula". Formula is flawed then because that gives NO a constant advantage.

It's just the luck of the draw that they have matched up a few times finishing in the same position in our respective divisions. Here's how it cycles:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-game/creating-the-nfl-schedule/

Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road.

Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road.

Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road.

Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

It's determined years in advance so there's no way the league "knows" who will be winning which division and how it will play out.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

It's just the luck of the draw that they have matched up a few times finishing in the same position in our respective divisions. Here's how it cycles:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-game/creating-the-nfl-schedule/

Six games against divisional opponents — two games per team, one at home and one on the road.

Four games against teams from a division within its conference — two games at home and two on the road.

Four games against teams from a division in the other conference— two games at home and two on the road.

Two games against teams from the two remaining divisions in its own conference — one game at home and one on the road. Matchups are based on division ranking from the previous season.

It's determined years in advance so there's no way the league "knows" who will be winning which division and how it will play out.

They choose home/away though.
Share 49ersWebzone