LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 140 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs ATLANTA FALCONS - 2019 Game 14

Shop Find 49ers gear online
AWWWWW Damn IT!!!!!! Sorry for beating a dead horse but if not for this crap performance they would be starting a 2-3 week bye right now! Now I understand the definition of "trap games"😡
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by 49ers90sBaby:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I'm not too sure about that. Those players are already in possession. Julio doesn't get possession until 2 feet hit the ground and at that time he isn't in the end zone. IDK, I could be wrong but that's my interpretation of the rule.

You are wrong , as soon as the ball crosses the GL nothing else matters

So an incomplete pass that goes through the endzone is a touchdown? Since when?

You don't have to have two feet on the ground to have possession. It's when you control the ball.

At some point you have to maintain the ball and have two feet established in bounds with out kissing the ball but forward progress isn't applied than, it's applied when you have possession of the ball.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
I'm not too sure about that. Those players are already in possession. Julio doesn't get possession until 2 feet hit the ground and at that time he isn't in the end zone. IDK, I could be wrong but that's my interpretation of the rule.

You don't have to have two feet on the ground to have possession. It's when you control the ball.

At some point you have to maintain the ball and have two feet established in bounds with out kissing the ball but forward progress isn't applied than, it's applied when you have possession of the ball.

Correct. Look at my follow up a couple of posts back, it gives more detail. The poster I was replying to said once the ball crossed nothing else mattered, he completely ignored possession. And when possession was established, the ball was outside of the endzone. That is not a touchdown.
Originally posted by Livendiea9er:
AWWWWW Damn IT!!!!!! Sorry for beating a dead horse but if not for this crap performance they would be starting a 2-3 week bye right now! Now I understand the definition of "trap games"😡

Originally posted by Shorteous:

Correct. Look at my follow up a couple of posts back, it gives more detail. The poster I was replying to said once the ball crossed nothing else mattered, he completely ignored possession. And when possession was established, the ball was outside of the endzone. That is not a touchdown.

It was a touchdown, no question about it.
Share 49ersWebzone