LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bow Run? →

There are 86 users in the forums

What playoff drought was worse?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What playoff drought was worse?

• thl408
That list makes me so glad the team is where it is now. Kyle Shanahan needs to be extended to a 20 year contract.
2003-10. The franchise was utterly aimless during those years, and we stuck with terrible coaches for far too long. This era has been a cakewalk in comparison.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by mod:
Originally posted by rxrunner:
2003-2010 was bad, i mean just look at the QBs we had during those times.

Trying to remember them all...
Garcia
Rattay
Dorsey
Smith
Pickett
Dilfer
Hill
O'Sullivan
Weinke

I know I'm missing more

Carr.

Nate Davis.

Troy Smith

God... i remember the zone loving Nate Davis cause of his cannon of an arm...... LOL
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Garcia
Rattay
Dorsey
Smith
Pickett
Dilfer
Hill
O'Sullivan
Weinke

I know I'm missing more

Carr.

Nate Davis.

Troy Smith

God... i remember the zone loving Nate Davis cause of his cannon of an arm...... LOL

i remember that also, it was because he made one good throw during the preseason, the ball went like 70 yards
Originally posted by Stevec9932:

Garcia
Rattay
Dorsey
Smith
Pickett
Dilfer
Hill
O'Sullivan
Weinke

I know I'm missing more

Carr.

Nate Davis.

Troy Smith

I was an Anybody But Alex guy. I hold no regrets for wanting Nate. I wanted anybody else. And Nate at least won something. Multiple championships in the Texas Indoor League for the Amarillo Venom. He was the best player in the league for years.
LOL why is this even a question?

If you were a die hard in those 2000's, you know the pain and frustration.

But also, look at the range of years. 9 seasons as opposed to 5 seasons.

Not even a discussion.
1973-80 was no fun at all.
1999 and 2000 was as bad as it gets for me! I remember I was at a friends house watching football, they were die hard Broncos fans so the Broncos game was on and every once in a while they would flip it over to the Niners game against the Saints so I could follow my team too. Well my friend had a 10 year old boy and one of the times they flipped it over to the Niners game he shouted out, "why do we keep turning it to the other game?" His dad told him it was for me as the 49ers were my favorite team. That little punk look straight down at me and said, "Why would you like that team, their terrible they have never even won two games in a row!"
I wanted to slap some sense into that punks head! It truly is a what have you done for me lately league
We haven't even clinched a playoff berth yet.... don't jinx it.
1999 was probably the single worst year imo. 2000 was bad as well, but the offense was great and we finished strong after being like 2-8 at one point.

But 1999 was the absolute worst year for me as a niner fan. Everything following that 3-1 start was a nightmare

Garcia
Rattay
Dorsey
Smith
Pickett
Dilfer
Hill
O'Sullivan
Weinke

I know I'm missing more
Pat Barnes also. to be honest that Cody Pickett game vs the bears where he went like 2-17 for 9 yards gave me a mental breakdown.Nedney missed a 50 yarder or so and the bears returned it like 148 yards to the house at least that was ESPN Claimed... I was so upset i remember picking up my brother from Sjc and as we pull up home i crashed my car into the driveway/sidewalk
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
Garcia
Rattay
Dorsey
Smith
Pickett
Dilfer
Hill
O'Sullivan
Weinke

I know I'm missing more
Pat Barnes also. to be honest that Cody Pickett game vs the bears where he went like 2-17 for 9 yards gave me a mental breakdown.Nedney missed a 50 yarder or so and the bears returned it like 148 yards to the house at least that was ESPN Claimed... I was so upset i remember picking up my brother from Sjc and as we pull up home i crashed my car into the driveway/sidewalk

Wasn't that the game that the Brandon Lloyd "ducking the pass thrown right at him" gif came from?
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Well this brought back bad memories
03-10 was worse by far. The team was listless and had massive gaps all over the place. Every glimmer of hope play was offset by an interception or muffed punt play or fumble.

It felt like we had league low spots on more than one spot at a time special teams, offense or defense. It was like pick 2 of the three to be terrible at.

Also the hype for Rattay was so overblown it actually felt like more of a letdown than smith was.

Because of our offensive style in those years we didn't have any explosive playmaking ability and we also had no quarterback consistently so as soon as we were behind the games were basically over because we couldn't dig out of any holes.

14-18 wasn't even that bad. Those teams had talent they just had poor coaching and decisions on which players to play over others was really bad.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Dec 13, 2019 at 11:22 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
03-10, the franchise was very unstable.
Share 49ersWebzone