There are 309 users in the forums

week 13 Coaches film pre-game thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
In every highlight I've seen from Jackson he is playing out of a well formed pocket.

/discussion.

9ers, 35-10, if jimmy doesn't throw picks in the red zone.
Originally posted by JedYork510:

This guy does a great job breaking down The ravens offense.

Are you s**tting me... this guy... this guy... he was a niner qb legend
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
JTO Why didnt i catch that
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
JTO Why didnt i catch that

I didn't catch that either.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Damn, how do we forward this to the defensive coordinator's office. There are some good points in this eval.

Serious?
I would hope your joking..
If our DC and the DC staff along with Kyle doesn't know these points, then they shouldn't be coaching..

I'm sure they are all well versed in what to do to slow or stop this offense and LJ..
It takes the players to execute the game plan. Hopefully we come away with a W.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
been saying this for weeks

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Thanks JD, as i was just about to PM you and ask if there was a way to stop what up til now has been unstoppable.

So get Bosa, Arik, Solomon to contain edges, then have DTs, win their 1 v1s, and then hope both Fred and Dre beat their guys and then close the bag...is that about it? But if i understood this right, who takes on the 4 or 5 blockers (TEs and RBs)that goes with Lamar?

Well, ideally you'd like those DT's to both take on double teams, so you'll have at least 1 or 2 unblocked guys going after the ball. But if they dont eat up a double they have to win their 1v1 and disrupt the play. They'll put a ton of it on the DT's I believe

Why don't the 49ers just use the same defense Baltimore rolled out in the Superbowl against kaep? Lamar is just this seasons kaep anyway.

This is hilarious. If I recall, we put up 450+ yards and 30+ points? Offensive production, other than on the last stupid ass drive, was not an issue.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Thanks JD, as i was just about to PM you and ask if there was a way to stop what up til now has been unstoppable.

So get Bosa, Arik, Solomon to contain edges, then have DTs, win their 1 v1s, and then hope both Fred and Dre beat their guys and then close the bag...is that about it? But if i understood this right, who takes on the 4 or 5 blockers (TEs and RBs)that goes with Lamar?

Well, ideally you'd like those DT's to both take on double teams, so you'll have at least 1 or 2 unblocked guys going after the ball. But if they dont eat up a double they have to win their 1v1 and disrupt the play. They'll put a ton of it on the DT's I believe

Why don't the 49ers just use the same defense Baltimore rolled out in the Superbowl against kaep? Lamar is just this seasons kaep anyway.

What Roman is running now is different with Lamar to what he did with Kaepernick 5-6 years ago. What Baltimore did back then wont work on Sunday.

However, Saleh has a history scheme defense against Roman from when he was in the Seatoots. I am sure he has been keeping a keen eye on how Roman has set up his offense around Lamar and has now had over a dozen games to think about it.

I have confidence in how Saleh and Shanahan will scheme this one. I am sure they want to beat them more then you and I do.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
.be

Video form of what I mentioned earlier.

Last week I gave you some constructive criticism about pacing and picking plays to show overall concepts. It sounds like you listened to me, as I thought this video was perfect. Thanks so much!
  • fryet
  • Veteran

This guy does a great job breaking down The ravens offense.

JohnnyDel's videos are so much better than this. I count us lucky that JohnnyDel is a 49er fan and not making videos for another team instead. This video doesn't even cover the defense that the opposing side is running.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Fantastic as usual Jonny. Best poster on the zone hands down.

totally agree. That's a TON of work he puts in to get this posted up on YouTube.

JD

Hi All. New member here. Thanks for the great writeups. I do have some questions about whether it would help us 1) If the weather is bad and 2) with their starting Center is out.

Kyle has said that bad weather could slow down Lamar and give our defenders more time to react. Also, I don't know if it helped that the weather has been bad here, and if team had a chance to practice in the rain.

I also wonder if playing against a back up center would give Kyle opportunities to scheme against an inexperienced center.
Originally posted by davide49:

This is hilarious. If I recall, we put up 450+ yards and 30+ points? Offensive production, other than on the last stupid ass drive, was not an issue.

Such a dumb narrative. Ravens got worked on defense that game lol. Let's do what the Ravens did and give up 30 points and almost 500 yds of offense
.be

Thank you JD!
Originally posted by fryet:
.be

Last week I gave you some constructive criticism about pacing and picking plays to show overall concepts. It sounds like you listened to me, as I thought this video was perfect. Thanks so much!

Fantastic breakdown. If our DL shows up, we can win. But this is going to be really difficult.
Originally posted by 49erswin:
Hi All. New member here. Thanks for the great writeups. I do have some questions about whether it would help us 1) If the weather is bad and 2) with their starting Center is out.

Kyle has said that bad weather could slow down Lamar and give our defenders more time to react. Also, I don't know if it helped that the weather has been bad here, and if team had a chance to practice in the rain.

I also wonder if playing against a back up center would give Kyle opportunities to scheme against an inexperienced center.
I do think the weather would favor is on defense, hurt us in offense. If receivers can't cut in the rain, that makes your passing offense dive. Can we run thr ball with Baltimore? The Ravens play with a lot of violence and we're more of a finesse run team. It'll be a high blood pressure game
Share 49ersWebzone