LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

Our weakness

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Our weakness is injuries.

If Kittle and Gould, Kwan, maybe even Hurd played all of these games we would be undefeated.

The silver lining is all of the backups are getting great experience and stepping up. Skule, Brunskil, Greenlaw are all getting great reps.

Yes, this. It is fine as long as the depth is promising and benefiting from getting blooded, but despite the amazing job that they have done of collecting really good depth players, sooner or later we will hit the bottom of the barrel unless our injury luck changes.
The only weakness for this team is the intangibles.
I.E: penalties, injuries, turnovers, etc., things out of their control. The coaches and players are solid.
Originally posted by English:

If Kittle and Gould, Kwan, maybe even Hurd played all of these games we would be undefeated.

The silver lining is all of the backups are getting great experience and stepping up. Skule, Brunskil, Greenlaw are all getting great reps.

Yes, this. It is fine as long as the depth is promising and benefiting from getting blooded, but despite the amazing job that they have done of collecting really good depth players, sooner or later we will hit the bottom of the barrel unless our injury luck changes.

At the beginning of the year Pettis and Goodwin were going to be the starters. Now they cant even get playing time, that is how deep this team is.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hurry up offense isn't some magical exlixir to go and score points otherwise teams would just run it all the time. It can stress and tire out a defense but can also lead to miscommunication and turnovers by the offense along with taking them out of the flow of what they like to do.

Yep and I still think Lamar has funky mechanics which lead to miscues when you try to throw the ball quickly and run the no-huddle.

Most of the impressive Lamar throws have been downfield stuff. We don't give up many deep balls, I don't hate this matchup nearly as much as others.

Russ throws the ball way better than Lamar does (which he should given his level of experience in the league)
dont have any.

lock it up
Injuries.
All of those weaknesses are things offenses do to counter what the defense is doing. Hurry up offense will tire any defense as long as it is moving the chains. Misdirection plays are what we run all the time against other teams. Mobile Qb's are always a pain. In short, everything that you see as a weakness is pretty much the same for every team .
A QB that can escape the always collapsing pocket.
Originally posted by Curlin:

At the beginning of the year Pettis and Goodwin were going to be the starters. Now they cant even get playing time, that is how deep this team is.

Shanahan is saving Pettis and Goodwin as secret weapons for the playoffs.
[ Edited by MSteitz468 on Nov 25, 2019 at 2:18 PM ]
Mobile QB's or QB's with wheels have hurt us.

Originally posted by Curlin:

That is at one position. With Ford questionable and Blair and Moore on I/r, how are we doing on the edge?
I wonder if we treated both cardinal games as preseason games

Both coming on short weeks, Idk if the coaches relied more on talent than they did scheme
Pass protection and defending the run, especially through the middle.

The only weakness I see is some fans nitpicking the s**t outta this team.

No team is perfect. We see every week a s**tty run defense allows 50 yds rushing. A top passing offense gets 70 yds passing.

No team is perfect. The sky ain't falling. This team is 10-1.

This team has overcome injuries and won games.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
A QB that can escape the always collapsing pocket.

This.

I'm terrified of running and elusive QBs. We have to do a better job of containing. Too bad the most elusive QB in the league is in our division
Share 49ersWebzone