LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Our weakness

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • eman
  • Veteran
I'm not sure if I'm still let down from the Seattle defeat or the lackluster performance against Arizona twice.... I was extremely happy to watch us dominate the packers but it didn't seem packers watched any game tape on how to defeat our defense

Our Achilles heel on defense seems to be
1. Hurry up offense > tires out our superb d line. Packers never tried this

2. Misdirection plays> especially BOSA!! seems clueless where the ball is at times in fake hand offs and end arounds. Seems like it was Working for them on their lone TD drive but inexplicably they went away from that

3. Double teaming DT and running up the middle > DJ Jones is lightning quick but the other DTs seem to be vulnerable against the double team and up the gut runs.. packers did not seem to try this

4. Screen passes eat up our defense.. packers did not care to try many. Just lets the DEs tee off

I am quite frankly happy of our dominating win, but afraid that good coach like Sean Payton, John harbaugh and later Pete Carroll may expose the chink in our armors. I want Saleh to shore up these weaknesses
[ Edited by eman on Nov 25, 2019 at 10:46 AM ]
Originally posted by eman:
I'm not sure if I'm still let down from the Seattle defeat or the lackluster performance against Arizona twice.... I was extremely happy to watch us dominate the packers but it didn't seem packers watched any game tape on how to defeat our defense

Our Achilles heel on defense seems to be
1. Hurry up offense > tires out our superb d line. Packers never tried this

2. Misdirection plays> especially BOSA!! seems clueless where the ball is at times in fake hand offs and end arounds. Seems like it was Working for them on their lone TD drive but inexplicably they went away from that

3. Double teaming DT and running up the middle > DJ Jones is lightning quick but the other DTs seem to be vulnerable against the double team and up the gut runs.. packers did not seem to try this

4. Screen passes eat up our defense.. packers did not care to try many. Just lets the DEs tee off

I am quite frankly happy of our dominating win, but afraid that good coach like Sean Payton, John harbaugh and later Pete Carroll may expose the chink in our armors. I want Saleh to shore up these weaknesses

The packers don't have the personnel to do what the Seattle or the Cards could do. Or what Bmore can do. The Saints don't either. But they have a HOF qb and a unstoppable WR. But Matt Lafleaur can't just scheme up a mobile running qb. I think the hurry up works with the misdirection and mobile qb's after teams have positive gains on 1st downs. GB never had much momentum on 1st down to even try to get into a hurry up. A lot of these is on the players and what happens on the field too. Coach can have a good scheme but we wouldn't know if it's not executed correctly. We have players that wreck schemes. Every team has weaknesses. Only so much Saleh can sure up. Somethings are due to our players and some things is just the other teams doing a good job as well.
The hurry up offense is hard on any defense. The problem is that its hard for offenses to sustain as well.
Well we were in prime position to beat Seattle....
Our weakness is injuries.

If Kittle and Gould, Kwan, maybe even Hurd played all of these games we would be undefeated.

The silver lining is all of the backups are getting great experience and stepping up. Skule, Brunskil, Greenlaw are all getting great reps.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Well we were in prime position to beat Seattle....

Yeah I wouldnt read too much into the Seattle game. We hit that field goal or catch the ball without 10 drops and that's another W.
Can't say it's Jimmy G anymore.
  • Jiks
Pretty much any QB that doesn't allow our DL to play downhill. That's really my only concern.
[ Edited by Jiks on Nov 25, 2019 at 11:38 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Run defense is still our bug a boo.
CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

Our Weakness: The teams plan to help traffic get out of the stadium on game days.
Hurry up offense isn't some magical exlixir to go and score points otherwise teams would just run it all the time. It can stress and tire out a defense but can also lead to miscommunication and turnovers by the offense along with taking them out of the flow of what they like to do.
It seems to me that are O line is the weak link. JMO though
injuries duh
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Weakness is Goodwin and Pettis

/Thread
Share 49ersWebzone