Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 472 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS vs SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - 2019 Game 9

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kyzen
  • Member
  • Posts: 3,117
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Federal employee so I got the day off

Go Niners!

Federal employee, had to work,
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Well I went to all the games at Candlestick in the era you're talking about and I think it could be loud as hell in a big playoff game. Sure, not enough to cause a lot of false starts like a dome, or Seattle where they specifically built it to amplify the crowd noise. We had seats four rows up behind the opposing bench. People would routinely get into banter with players from the other team that they would respond to. It could be a very hostile environment for opponents and visiting teams would occasionally comment that they didn't love playing at Candlestick. There was a definite home field advantage to that charming pig sty.

It's all about acoustics. Oregon's Autzen Stadium holds 57000 but it is really loud because of the design. Fans all yell at games especially when their team is good and winning. Michigan in Ann Arbor holds about 110,000 but it doesn't sound that loud because it's a big flat open design. Levis has a steeper design than the Stick so I'm sure the noise will be intense once the fans really get into this team. Remember the team has been lousy since they moved there. Until this year the stadium was rarely filled and half the tickets were purchased by the visiting team's fans. That's gonna change.

One other thing to consider are the fans themselves. At the stick you had a core of about 40,000 fans that had been going to games for years and really appreciated the team when they finally got to the top. Then they sustained that high level for 16 years. The fan base in Santa Clara has a lot of newcomers since many of the old timers like me either no longer attend games or decided the price was just too high. Now you kind of have to rebuild the base at the stadium. All it takes is winning and a little time.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Nov 11, 2019 at 2:10 PM ]
CELEK TIME!

How many TD's does he have tonight? 2, 3, or 4?
  • Kyzen
  • Member
  • Posts: 3,117
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
You don't think Kittle is an important player for this team?

Dude, seriously, your doomsday act with every post gets old. Do us all a favor and take the night off.
Originally posted by dj43:
I do not accept the idea that Mc is more athletic than Brunskill. DB has shown outstanding footwork and agility this season.

As I said above, if McGlinchey can continue to play at the same level as Brunskill, I will be delighted. At no time last season did McGlinchey rank in the top 10 OTs. Brunskill has been hovering around #10 the entire time he has been playing.

Good problem to have.

I'm out...

LMAO come on dude you don't think there's a reason one of them was a top 10 pick and the other got picked up off the heap?

This is an upgrade, pure and simple.
Originally posted by Niners99:
CELEK TIME!

How many TD's does he have tonight? 2, 3, or 4?

9. in the first quarter.
Look for Sanders and maybe Pettis to have a big game, with kittle our their targets should increase. I'm really liking what I'm seeing between Jimmy and sanders, and I hope they can build on it this week
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

Doesn't look like we'll have Kittle. Going to be tough to win without him.

Nah

You don't think Kittle is an important player for this team?

Never said that, I think this team overall is better than you clearly think.

Seattle is awful vs TEs in general, guys like Everett and McDonald did work vs them. Celek/dwelley/juice can do their thing.

One of these day's you'll stop doubting Kyle.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Look for Sanders and maybe Pettis to have a big game, with kittle our their targets should increase. I'm really liking what I'm seeing between Jimmy and sanders, and I hope they can build on it this week

I think Coleman is going to have a huge day.
Originally posted by Kyzen:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
You don't think Kittle is an important player for this team?

Dude, seriously, your doomsday act with every post gets old. Do us all a favor and take the night off.

How is it a doomsday act? Kittle is a really big part of our success this year and we're going up against a good team tonight. I don't like how those that are supposedly fans of this team are trying to minimize how good of a player Kittle is just because it is now convenient to do so.
Originally posted by davide49:
Originally posted by dj43:
I do not accept the idea that Mc is more athletic than Brunskill. DB has shown outstanding footwork and agility this season.

As I said above, if McGlinchey can continue to play at the same level as Brunskill, I will be delighted. At no time last season did McGlinchey rank in the top 10 OTs. Brunskill has been hovering around #10 the entire time he has been playing.

Good problem to have.

I'm out...

LMAO come on dude you don't think there's a reason one of them was a top 10 pick and the other got picked up off the heap?

This is an upgrade, pure and simple.

Solid logic. Same reason JaMarcus Russell is better than Tom Brady. I mean, one's a first rounder and the other was a 6th rounder, amirite?

Don't hate me, I'm just playing devil's advocate.

That being said, Brunskill has played extremely sound football. I do think McGlinchey is a slight upgrade, but I did not see much of a drop off when Brunskill came in. That says a lot about Brunskill.
Originally posted by Kyzen:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Federal employee so I got the day off

Go Niners!

Federal employee, had to work,

Exempt? Air traffic controller? Marshall?
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
How is it a doomsday act? Kittle is a really big part of our success this year and we're going up against a good team tonight. I don't like how those that are supposedly fans of this team are trying to minimize how good of a player Kittle is just because it is now convenient to do so.

So Kittle out you gonna change your prediction?
Three hours to go
Who is the better Fantasy TE for the night... Celek or Dwelly?
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone