There are 113 users in the forums

Dan Brunskill - OG signs with the Titans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Played well except for the sack/fumble play right after the announcers talked him up. Jinx!
I blame the fumble on JG. Just tuck it and punt. We were winning the field position game.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Oct 13, 2019 at 6:20 PM ]
Just a good defensive play. The other team has talent as well.
It was NOT Brunskill that gave up the strip/sack. It was Aaron Donald being Aaron Donald versus MIKE PERSON
Originally posted by lamontb:
Just a good defensive play. The other team has talent as well.

People forget that.
Originally posted by Boldjames:
It was NOT Brunskill that gave up the strip/sack. It was Aaron Donald being Aaron Donald versus MIKE PERSON

Brunskill gave up the pressure that made Jimmy step up in the pocket, but yes Person was also beat.
  • dj43
PFF's rating for yesterday's game was an outstanding 76. Though he has only 82 snaps to date, they have all come against high-quality opponents. A 76 rating would rank him #11 against all other OTs in the game.

I paid particular attention to him and Skule during the game, often running the play several times. I just didn't see any major mistakes.
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

I can't remember who found him. I heard it before. Peters?
overall i was impressed with the OLine-Donald only had 1 sack.

I know we had a few tackles for loss on the RB, but 1 sack to that beast of a DL. that's a W right there.

Originally posted by NCommand:

That's the name I recall. I think he was one of the names Kyle mentioned. If Skule and Brunskill keep this up, competition will be ferocious next year for the OT spots. At the same time, I'm ecstatic knowing we have quality depth. We know Staley may retire after a couple years, so who knows... maybe his eventual replacement at that time is already on the roster?
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 14, 2019 at 9:07 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

I know we had a few tackles for loss on the RB, but 1 sack to that beast of a DL. that's a W right there.

Ironically, it was the experienced interior OL that had trouble, not the inexperienced OTs. Part of that was scheme for sure, but those two guys on the end played well.
Originally posted by NCommand:

There was an article on him last week, he was 'discovered' by one of your regional scouts, I forget his name.
  • dj43

I think it was in the third PS game that Tim Ryan singled him out. Ryan said he had been "getting better and better every day. He is going to make the team."

He did.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by KittleMeThis:

Ironically, it was the experienced interior OL that had trouble, not the inexperienced OTs. Part of that was scheme for sure, but those two guys on the end played well.

I don't think it's that surprising considering that Donald mostly plays in the interior. The Rams don't have great ends, especially with Matthews out.
Share 49ersWebzone