LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 406 users in the forums

Dan Brunskill - OG signs with the Titans

Shop 49ers game tickets
IMO, we'll have a different game plan w/the new guys so Rams might not be able to plan for it.

3 TE sets, and such.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Next Man Up!!

Bosa, Buck, and AA will get him ready for the challenge. I still believed our amazing DL helped prepared Skule bigtime in practice. Brunskill will do the same.
This
Skule has been a pleasant surprise, but he had tons of experience playing tackle in the SEC.

I really want to be optimistic with this guy, but I'm having a tough time. Inexperienced, and he played at San Diego State who doesn't face stiff competition. If he isn't in over his head, I'll be very pleasantly surprised. This may be rough... hope I'm wrong

If Kyle perseveres through this, coach of the year by a hundred miles
Originally posted by dj43:
I did some research on him and Skule just before cuts. (I looked for it in the archives but couldn't find it.) Both are former TEs who put on weight after moving in to tackle. Brunskill was a quick study and learned the position quickly at San Diego State.

Tim Ryan was talking him up during the PS so I started watching him. He looked good, albeit against 2s and 3s. He has a nice slide step and stays centered well. He didn't appear to have the punch that Skule has but didn't get overwhelmed either.

He's an athlete that just needs PT. He is listed at 260 but I recall someone saying he is bigger than that. Big enough that with good coaching will man up, IMO.
Niners roster has him listed at 300.
Well on the positive, he fits the Shanny mold of athletic O-linemen. So we have three former TE tackles? Skule, Staley, and Brunskill?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
260 pounds.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Originally posted by dj43:
I did some research on him and Skule just before cuts. (I looked for it in the archives but couldn't find it.) Both are former TEs who put on weight after moving in to tackle. Brunskill was a quick study and learned the position quickly at San Diego State.

Tim Ryan was talking him up during the PS so I started watching him. He looked good, albeit against 2s and 3s. He has a nice slide step and stays centered well. He didn't appear to have the punch that Skule has but didn't get overwhelmed either.

He's an athlete that just needs PT. He is listed at 260 but I recall someone saying he is bigger than that. Big enough that with good coaching will man up, IMO.
Niners roster has him listed at 300.

They changed it since he was named to start. I recall someone saying he weighed 305.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
260 pounds.

Outdated. He was 280ish in the AAF and the 49ers have him listed at over 300.
Bruskill? He's way bigger than 260.
Scouting report on bruskill goes something like:
He wears a live rattlesnake as a condom. He once punched a hole in a cow just so he could see who was coming up the road. Bruskill got his wife pregnant and she gave birth to a delicious 16-ounce steak. The afterbirth was sauteed mushrooms. Bruskill would eat a homeless person if you dared him! His poop is used as currency in Argentina. Bruskill sweats Gatorade

One story from training camp:
"Bruskill took his family to Sea World. They were watching Shamu the whale when bruskill got splashed. So Bruskill yells, 'I'm Dan Bruskill and no one gets me wet!' So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu, and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, 'How do you like it?' And then damn if Bruskill didn't step in there and finish the show."

We're going to be fine.
[ Edited by AkNiners on Oct 10, 2019 at 12:56 PM ]
I don't know much about him but at least he has the word 'skill' in his name.

Originally posted by AkNiners:
He wears a live rattlesnake as a condom. He once punched a hole in a cow just so he could see who was coming up the road. Bruskill got his wife pregnant and she gave birth to a delicious 16-ounce steak. The afterbirth was sauteed mushrooms. Bruskill would eat a homeless person if you dared him! His poop is used as currency in Argentina. Bruskill sweats Gatorade

"Bruskill took his family to Sea World. They were watching Shamu the whale when bruskill got splashed. So Bruskill yells, 'I'm Dan Bruskill and no one gets me wet!' So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu, and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, 'How do you like it?' And then damn if Bruskill didn't step in there and finish the show."

We're going to be fine.

Lol, best scouting report yet!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

We're going to be fine.

Lol nice.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I don't know much about him but at least he has the word 'skill' in his name.

Also the word "kill" - for what it's worth.

We're going to be fine.

wait...did that really happen? Is that real?

I'll take he's half as good as Skule. Shanny will fix it.

We're going to be fine.
Wow. Lmao. He sounds kinda tough. I Learn something new everyday. He Sounds good, no need to worry.
Share 49ersWebzone