LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Is there a real Bias against the 49ers in the NFL and Media

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just looked up the standings on NFL.com and it shows the 49ers standing placed underneath the Rams in the NFC West.

Now this could be due to where the Rams were last year or the fact the they won 2 conference games and the niners won 1. I don't know and maybe someone here does know.

I am biased but our points for are 96 against 54. There's is 77 for against 49

Niners differential is 42 and Rams is 28. In my world that puts us a hard fought but deserving top spot.

Okay okay I know its a pathetic fandom thing but man I always get the feeling the Niners get the raw end of the pineapple!
They're overrated. Their d line is significantly weakened over last year and gourley isn't nearly as durable.

The only place they have improved is cooper kupp is back to being an unstoppable monster.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
They're overrated. Their d line is significantly weakened over last year and gourley isn't nearly as durable.

The only place they have improved is cooper kupp is back to being an unstoppable monster.

Glad you said that here. Might get some heat on other media sites.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:

Glad you said that here. Might get some heat on other media sites.

The thing that's been forgotten is Goff was really bad prior to Mcvay coming over. He's really a limited qb that has been bailed out by security blankets in gourley last year and kupp this year. If you force him to beat you by taking those 2 put of the game plan they are a below average team with it all on goff.

Mcvay has been smart to hide him all these years but he's still limited.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Sep 26, 2019 at 11:00 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Don't they, if they're tied, go by alphabetical order? Los Angeles comes before San Francisco.
we'll find out come week 6.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Don't they, if they're tied, go by alphabetical order? Los Angeles comes before San Francisco.

I guess so since differential does mean anything.

But it still feels rigged. I wonder if they were still in St Louis.....
It would be on alphabetical on ties, but opponents record (Strength of Schedule) would be the tie breaker in our case I think as no head to head out divisional games have been played.

Our oppos have 1 win, Rams have the 2-1 Saints.

That said I think points differential would be much better.
Why does it matter? But using words like "rigged" is rather more serious than discussing an apparent bias.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Why does it matter? But using words like "rigged" is rather more serious than discussing an apparent bias.

Yeah, even the front page has the Rams above the Niners - so I don't think anything rigged is going on.

We've been bad for a long time, haven't beat a top team, and we haven't had a prime time game yet. The media will get on the bandwagon when we're 5-0.
3 - 0 and apparently 9ers are supposed to super bowl favs.

Let's wait until they beat a contender before getting upset over a media bias.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Rams have beaten the Saints, Panthers and Browns which is a stronger SOS so far.
[ Edited by Buchy on Sep 27, 2019 at 5:33 AM ]
Who cares how the standings are set up? The way to get into the playoffs is measurable and known and the only way it can happen.

It's the same with all the silly outrage at power rankings. Who. Cares.
The only standings I care about are the final ones.
Share 49ersWebzone