LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 201 users in the forums

Crazy Great Expectations: 12-4 Year and more...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
dude put down the crack pipe immediately... only 2 games down and lots of football left to play... I would be thrilled with 8-8 considering what we have been through the last several years

not gonna lie, he kinda has a point. the rest of the NFC west look like so shaky and off despite Hawks and Rams being 2-0.. Saints could be interesting, then we have Pitt. I would not be surprised if we swept our division, honestly.
I did predict double-digit wins this season. But that last 6 games is a murderous row. We need to go at least 3-3 in those games to be in the playoff conversation.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
dude put down the crack pipe immediately... only 2 games down and lots of football left to play... I would be thrilled with 8-8 considering what we have been through the last several years

not gonna lie, he kinda has a point. the rest of the NFC west look like so shaky and off despite Hawks and Rams being 2-0.. Saints could be interesting, then we have Pitt. I would not be surprised if we swept our division, honestly.
I did predict double-digit wins this season. But that last 6 games is a murderous row. We need to go at least 3-3 in those games to be in the playoff conversation.

and one of those teams are the Saints. so we'll see what happens with them.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
If we get to 10 it would be fantastic. It is possible.

However, don't get too optimistic.

At the beginning of last year people were talking everywhere between 10 and 16 wins then in game three - disaster

This year we are two zip and Staley broke his leg. Now a rookie is being called up on our front end to protect our QB with a weak knee.

I am going to wait a while before I get two excited but at least there is some hope that we put the dumpster fire out.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
We might go 12-4 with NO and Pittsburg now looking like winnable games. What would concern me is we might fall into a false sense of how good we are like Jacksonville did a couple years ago because they had an easy schedule. We are not a 12-4 team yet. 8-9 or 9-7 but not 12-4.

After seeing how we just dominated in Cincy, just won back to back east coast games which we haven't done in years. How can you say we are still just a 8-9 win team? Good teams win, great teams dominate teams they are suppose to win. It's only 2 games, but I haven't seen this team play like this since Harbaugh.
[ Edited by braap49er on Sep 16, 2019 at 2:21 PM ]
You guys trippin 14-2... I see about 5 more blow outs coming... one more on Sunday
You still have to squint some to see a truly good team here. We hadn't a sloppy first game and then beat up on what is probably a bad team. The people seeing double digit wins all of the sudden are reading too much into how "good" Tampa and Cincy might be, and generally reading too much into two weeks of results, when it's tough to make sense of any team that isn't NE or KC.
About 10 wins,pending injuries and Skule's schooling.
Let's all come back from planet delusional. 12-4 would be special but not very real. We've got our own issues lets not forget. Staley out could be bad. Let's see if we get off to 3-0 as now expected.

I've been on record at 10-6 and am staying there. At the time I made that prediction there was a bit of homer in it. I think it is very real now. I also predicted we would make the playoffs as a WC. NO now looks like a 8-8 9-7 team at best given the Brees injury. The NFC north is going to beat each other up all year. 10-6 probably wins that division. Maybe an 11-5 emerges. Atlanta has had the South handed to them (they still may find a way to f that up). Edit ~ forgot Dallas wins the East and Philly sure isn't looking like a 10 win team to me.

Our comp is going to be in our own division. If we can get to 10 wins I think we are in as WC. A 2-0 start on the road is a very good start.
[ Edited by kansasninerfan on Sep 16, 2019 at 2:54 PM ]
Originally posted by HERN:
The mere fact that we're beating teams that we should be beating, is enough to convince me that this is not the same team as last year.

We're are showing the killer instinct through 2 weeks.

Am I saying that this is the Superbowl team??? No. But I will say that this team is heading in the right direction.

Week 2 win showed me a complete team win. Offense was good, defense stifled their offense.

This team will get better. I look forward to that.

Therefore I predict a minimum of 10 wins.

The mere fact that there are teams that we "should" be beating is a huge difference over the last few years.

Just looking past everything until Dec 1 in Baltimore.
Hate them. Hate Harbaughses.
In my best BB voice, "We are focused on Pittsburgh"
@TB: W
@CIN: W
vs PIT: W
BYE
vs CLE: W (don't believe the browns hype--niners go 4-0 for the first time in 29 years.)
@STL: L
@WASH: W
vs CAR: W
@AZ: L
vs SEA: W
vs AZ: W
vs GB: L
@Balt: L
@NO: I'm gonna equivocate on this one and say it depends on Brees' status.
vs ATL: W
vs STL: L
@SEA: W

6-2 @home.
5-3 or 4-4 away.
But 2-4 in the division.

Swept by STL (they go on to beat NE in a SB rematch).
Split w/AZ and SEA, but we win @SEA to cinch in week 17.

Double digit wins and a wild card berth.
This is looking more and more like those special Harbaugh years. Just need key guys to stay healthy.

Lots of other older QBs are either getting injured or washed up (Cam Newton, Big Ben, Brees). The opportunity to strike is now.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HERN:
The mere fact that we're beating teams that we should be beating, is enough to convince me that this is not the same team as last year.

We're are showing the killer instinct through 2 weeks.

Am I saying that this is the Superbowl team??? No. But I will say that this team is heading in the right direction.

Week 2 win showed me a complete team win. Offense was good, defense stifled their offense.

This team will get better. I look forward to that.

Therefore I predict a minimum of 10 wins.

2-0 and two real wins is a heckuva lot better than getting the moral victory bowl every sunday!
Share 49ersWebzone