LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 355 users in the forums

Crazy Great Expectations: 12-4 Year and more...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
dude put down the crack pipe immediately... only 2 games down and lots of football left to play... I would be thrilled with 8-8 considering what we have been through the last several years

not gonna lie, he kinda has a point. the rest of the NFC west look like so shaky and off despite Hawks and Rams being 2-0.. Saints could be interesting, then we have Pitt. I would not be surprised if we swept our division, honestly.

I'm confused how do the NFC West look shaky and off when both teams are 2-0? Because they didn't win by as many as we've won? That seems like a silly comparison when the teams are different.

We have not beaten a single team which is considered a playoff team heading into this season at this point. Say what you will about Seattle but at least they already got their W against the Steelers and at Pittsburgh. Rams just took out the Saints, you can say they only beat them with Bridgewater but they still beat a very talented playoff expected team.

Until we prove ourselves we shouldn't overlook the division. I thought Seattle would fall apart but they're 2-0 regardless of who they've faced and unlike us they've managed to win games when people were predicting them to be in a "rebuild".

because I've actually watched the other NFC west teams play and not just looked at their record? the point is, they don't look great or impressive, and haven't consistently (so far), despite BARELY being 2-0. whereas, the 49ers looked off/not very good and shaky week 1. totally different team week 2. we improved from week 1 to 2. I haven't seen that with the Rams or Seahawks. unbiased observation. their point margin in their victories are night and day compared to ours. especially coming from the Seahawks

I support this message Seattle got smacked around by dalton and company at Seattle and if Big Ben wasn't injured....as well as Conner....0-2. The rams got lucky not facing brees and now it's the Seahawks getting lucky as always. Yet we will have to play brees and most likely lose. Records sometimes lie so let's hope we have a tiebreaker over Seattle and the rams seem to be extremely healthy the last few years.

Yeah man, like, I'm being as unbiased as possible with my observations regarding the other NFC West teams not including Arizona. (haven't watched them at all).

But the Rams and Hawks? Rams don't look impressive offensively... Mainly Goff...

The Seahawks?

Have won their first 2 games by a point differential 3 POINTS!!!!!

49ers point differential? 38 points...

The POINT is, wins in close games tend not to reflect a team's true skill.
dude put down the crack pipe immediately... only 2 games down and lots of football left to play... I would be thrilled with 8-8 considering what we have been through the last several years

not gonna lie, he kinda has a point. the rest of the NFC west look like so shaky and off despite Hawks and Rams being 2-0.. Saints could be interesting, then we have Pitt. I would not be surprised if we swept our division, honestly.

I'm confused how do the NFC West look shaky and off when both teams are 2-0? Because they didn't win by as many as we've won? That seems like a silly comparison when the teams are different.

We have not beaten a single team which is considered a playoff team heading into this season at this point. Say what you will about Seattle but at least they already got their W against the Steelers and at Pittsburgh. Rams just took out the Saints, you can say they only beat them with Bridgewater but they still beat a very talented playoff expected team.

Until we prove ourselves we shouldn't overlook the division. I thought Seattle would fall apart but they're 2-0 regardless of who they've faced and unlike us they've managed to win games when people were predicting them to be in a "rebuild".

because I've actually watched the other NFC west teams play and not just looked at their record? the point is, they don't look great or impressive, and haven't consistently (so far), despite BARELY being 2-0. whereas, the 49ers looked off/not very good and shaky week 1. totally different team week 2. we improved from week 1 to 2. I haven't seen that with the Rams or Seahawks. unbiased observation. their point margin in their victories are night and day compared to ours. especially coming from the Seahawks

I support this message Seattle got smacked around by dalton and company at Seattle and if Big Ben wasn't injured....as well as Conner....0-2. The rams got lucky not facing brees and now it's the Seahawks getting lucky as always. Yet we will have to play brees and most likely lose. Records sometimes lie so let's hope we have a tiebreaker over Seattle and the rams seem to be extremely healthy the last few years.

Yeah man, like, I'm being as unbiased as possible with my observations regarding the other NFC West teams not including Arizona. (haven't watched them at all).

But the Rams and Hawks? Rams don't look impressive offensively... Mainly Goff...

The Seahawks?

Wilson has made an entire career of winning close games. Seahawks are always dangerous with Wilson at the helm.... I'm not entirely sure how any niners fan with a decent memory would come to a different conclusion.

Rams seem meh so far, but I def won't fall into the trap of underestimating them.

NFC west power rankings until proven otherwise:

1) rams
2a) hawks
2b) niners
3) cards

And the cards can be dangerous. Their scheme is a little iffy imo. Puts up good pass numbers, but fails to protect Murray or open up lanes for Johnson.

Also, I guess for the sake of this argument I have to quantify my statements with the mandatory "I watched all the games so I know what I'm talking about"

Ha!
[ Edited by 5thSFG on Sep 19, 2019 at 6:30 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

The Seahawks?

Yes but we lost a lot of close games against good teams in 2015, 2017 & 2018. It is just that we didn't have that X Factor to win. There was a missing ingredient. This year we seem to have it but NFL can be a cruel game and the rug can get ripped out from under us quickly and unexpectantly like what happened with JG last year.

I find it no good to count my chickens before they hatch. All I will say is it looks like we are stringing it together now and I hope it lasts. We have potential.
Originally posted by 5thSFG:

The Seahawks?

Wilson has made an entire career of winning close games. Seahawks are always dangerous with Wilson at the helm.... I'm not entirely sure how any niners fan with a decent memory would come to a different conclusion.

Rams seem meh so far, but I def won't fall into the trap of underestimating them.

1) rams
2a) hawks
2b) niners
3) cards

And the cards can be dangerous. Their scheme is a little iffy imo. Puts up good pass numbers, but fails to protect Murray or open up lanes for Johnson.

Also, I guess for the sake of this argument I have to quantify my statements with the mandatory "I watched all the games so I know what I'm talking about"

Ha!

all I'm saying is, both the Rams and Seahawks I feel have received lucky breaks. Seahawks could easily be 0-2. jury is still out, but it makes the next divisional match up much more enticing. cant wait to see. no question we have better talent than the hawks at least.

The Seahawks?

1) rams
2a) hawks
2b) niners
3) cards

Ha!

all I'm saying is, both the Rams and Seahawks I feel have received lucky breaks. Seahawks could easily be 0-2. jury is still out, but it makes the next divisional match up much more enticing. cant wait to see. no question we have better talent than the hawks at least.

I actually agree with you. I'm just jaded from years past lol

The Seahawks?

1) rams
2a) hawks
2b) niners
3) cards

Ha!

I actually agree with you. I'm just jaded from years past lol

I feel this is the first time in a long time we have a chance to sweep them since 2011.
Originally posted by Joecool:
We have beaten 2 teams that, in general, are having difficulty knowing how to win. Pittsburgh is going to be tough on the sole basis that they know how to win. Now factor in that they are 0-2. PIT will be a very tough out.
Pittsburgh is a young team. Their #1 WR is 22 years old. Nobody playing on Sunday has won jack and squat. We have players in our locker room that have played in and won championships.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Joecool:
We have beaten 2 teams that, in general, are having difficulty knowing how to win. Pittsburgh is going to be tough on the sole basis that they know how to win. Now factor in that they are 0-2. PIT will be a very tough out.
Pittsburgh is a young team. Their #1 WR is 22 years old. Nobody playing on Sunday has won jack and squat. We have players in our locker room that have played in and won championships.

yeah, that's kinda why I thought that rehashed rhetoric about, "they know how to win" was irrelevant and stupid lol.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Sep 19, 2019 at 7:51 AM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
12-4 would be great! But I would take 3-0 for now!!!
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Before the Staley injury, I thought 10-6 was possible, but without Staley it's hard to see how we get to more than 8 wins. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if we fail to win a game while he's out. Next to Jimmy, he was arguably our most critical player. The Steelers game is our best chance for a win within in the next 5-6 games and I don't feel super confident about it.

8-8 would still be pretty good though considering our recent history. No shame in that.

wtf do we have a bye just three games in. week 5 should he the absilute first week to have a bye...butcwhatever i guess
Share 49ersWebzone