There are 277 users in the forums

2019 PRACTICE SQUAD THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Our PS is stacked
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by BOI49er:
But I think Lynch and Shanny Do think Blair is a cornerstone player that can not beat out our number ones on the line, but would be starting for many other teams. He's our rotational player to keep people fresh, inside and if necessary out on a selected down and distance and game situational basis. It's not who you get. It's who you lose. Who ya gonna cut?

Oh this is no slight on Blair at all. I agree with Hero that because of the new alignments, he's in for quite possibly, his best year. This is about a healthy rotation under the assumption we're running wide 9 every down like we saw almost all pre season. Like with the interior DL, you need a rotational player right behind him. That's Blair AND Moore for both Ford and Bosa.

Originally posted by Giedi:
I think Blair is a good Edge Rusher backup vs Moore. I think he's younger and has a bit more upside. Blair also can play inside - with his versatility. So I think they were thinking that Blair can spell both Ford and Bosa when they get fatigued, and so can Solomon. Now, Solomon isn't an edge rusher, but again - just to spell Bosa and Ford, I think that's something he can do, and again, Blair is there.

On pure ER ability and scheme fit, I'd say from what I saw from Moore, he's a better fit to grow into the 3rd ER.

But again, different alignments call for different skill sets.

If we were running Saleh's Big End/LEO again predominantly, then I'd want different edge players such as AA, ST, RB, etc.

So symbolically, when Saleh let Moore go, that MIGHT be a huge sign we're going back to more Big End/LEO again.

I'm betting the thinking is that the 49ers can do as good or better than Veloaga in next years draft. In the meantime, nobody picked him up so he's still available, and if not, then if an injury occurs on the DLine they can do another Cassius Marsh deal with the Pat's again.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BOI49er:
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think we still have a shot at trading CJ. I mean the trade deadline isn't until sometime in October. By then, theres going to be injuries from the QB position, and I think ShanaLynch is gambling that they can get better value later in the year from CJ. Flacco isn't the most mobile guy on the planet, and he's old and usually if you are older, you suffer a lot more dings and divots than a younger guy. If Flacco gets concussed or a rib injury, I can see CJ garnering a midround pick in that situation.

Maybe. I just don't see any evidence there is Anybody ini the league that thinks CJ is an NFL quarterback beside Kyle. I love Kyle, but I think his weakness is having favorites. If only CJ hadn't seen him stuffing that body. , ,

ShanaLynch did try to trade BeatHard for a midround pick, but nobody bit on the asking price. So it's not that he's so attached to CJ that he cant think straight.

But I do think he's overvaluing CJ to a certain extent. He has all the physical attributes of a starting QB, but he just lacks the processor speed needed to be a good NFL QB. I'm thinking Kyle's betting one more year, and maybe that processor speed can be installed before next years preseason camps.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
Flacco's been injured once in 12 years. He's 34, not 80. He's also 6'6'' 245. The Broncos picked up the scrub backup who will never see the field today. I'm not convinced the Broncos were ever interested in CJ. Mullens yes.

Try another team.

Edit - 10 1/4 years as a starter, 11 years in the NFL

Flacco has been hurt a lot lately but plays through it. It's been widely discussed . I still wouldn't be too concerned if I were Elway.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/joe-flacco/244
I dont think ShanaLynch is going to trade Mullens with Jimmy still has not completed a full season without suffering significant injury. But CJ does know Scangarello, and both Mcvay and Leflure have the kind of offense that CJ already knows, so there is a market out there for CJ.

I think they could have moved CJ for some draft picks, but they feel they are good with their OLine, and they are happy that their pass rush will hide some of their DB's weaknesses. So they think they can hold onto CJ for one more year and possibly pick a QB in the mid rounds next season and get a midround pick for either Mullens or CJ next year.

As for Flacco, if not injured he might retire a la Andrew Luck. You never know. Again he's older and all it takes is for your OLine or RB to miss one block and its Steve Young concussion time again.
Share 49ersWebzone