LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 130 users in the forums

PYMWYMI 2019 - UPDATE 9/4

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I refuse to post the whole schedule and pick which games our beloved 49ers may end up not winning.

So, I'm predicting..

11 & 5
9-7

About where i expected to be in year 3 of the rebuild.
11 wins 5 loses
10-6, Wild card spot and win, out after that
I always vote with my heart....

11-5
Wildcard Spot
Lose in Division Round
undefeated in preseason, the regular season, and the playoffs.
@ Tampa Bay - WIN
@ Cincy - WIN
Steelers - WIN
Browns - LOSS
@ LA Rams - LOSS
@ Washington - WIN
Panthers - WIN
@ Arizona - WIN
Seahawks - WIN
Cardinals - WIN
Packers - WIN
@ Baltimore - LOSS
@ New Orleans - LOSS
Falcons - LOSS
Rams - WIN
@ Seattle - LOSS

10-6 with a wild card birth
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
8-8
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
undefeated in preseason, the regular season, and the playoffs.

23-0
Originally posted by AkNiners:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
YUP, TIME TO PLAY!

@TAMPA- W
@ CINCY- W
STEELERS- W
BROWNS- W
@LA RAMS- L
@WASH- W
PANTHERS- L
@ AIRZONA-L
SEAHAWKS- W
CARDINALS- W
PACKERS- W
@BALTIMORE- L
@SAINTS -L
FALCONS- W
RAMS- W
@ SEA- L

SO I SAY 10-6
BOOK IT!

You think we're gonna lose to Arizona?!

Off game, I just feel like we could overlook due to playing Seahawks the next week. I hope I'm wrong on it!

7-9
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scarlettlove:
@ Tampa Bay - WIN
@ Cincy - WIN
Steelers - WIN
Browns - LOSS
@ LA Rams - LOSS
@ Washington - WIN
Panthers - WIN
@ Arizona - WIN
Seahawks - WIN
Cardinals - WIN
Packers - WIN
@ Baltimore - LOSS
@ New Orleans - LOSS
Falcons - LOSS
Rams - WIN
@ Seattle - LOSS

10-6 with a wild card birth

Bro that's a crazy f**king season right but there. That would be one of the best Zone years in memory. Get up to 9-2 and only finish off 10-6 and still make the playoffs as division winners.

This would be a really fun year on the Zone.
  • mod
  • Veteran
7-9
4 - 12.
Sure losses are:

@ LA Rams ...first game with them , there.......sure loser. We aren't ready,...YET.

Packers....altho question of whether new HC and ARodgers can get along...they still seem to have our number

New Orleans....just don't see us beating that freight train this yr. Not yet . If we got a 2nd chance this yr against them... maybe so

@SEA ...winning twice up there in two yrs? Unlikely.

That's 4 Ls.

Then Tampa on E. Coast, and 1st game....that could be L also. Literally we don't have our "stuff" together. Maybe just mass chaos and confusion, altho TB will have same situation.

Baltimore? Could be another L, and they always play tough. Their new QB? Not impressed. We could lose this one too.

Steelers here...Big Ben is getting not just older, but OLD. Love their HC, and before Kyle, always wanted him. He is always tough. Could be loss here.

That would be 3 more Ls bringing us to :

9-7.

So, if Oline shows up, Garland, Garnett, Wes Johnson, Toran, Person (is healthy), Richburg is healthy, Laken continues to improve....okay i could see us with just 4 Ls.

But if not and some of OLine above doesn't make team, or stays injured, then i could see 3 more Ls, bring s to 9-7. Essentially all boils down to Bosa, Dee Ford, and interior OL, plus DBs....and...and.... JG has to be healthy all yr. If all those guys come thru, and that is a lot of IFs, then 12-4.

More likely tho, with injury at C and OG, and replacements are just so so, then : 9-7

Which will it be? IDK, but if we happen to go 12-4, there is no way of knowing how far can we go. Anything is possible, but a run at a ring....pretty long odds....this yr.

A disaster this yr would be that we end up with 19 , or worse, 21 guys on IR. Should that happen a 2nd yr in a row, same record as last yr.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 26, 2019 at 8:16 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone