There are 159 users in the forums

Kevin Givens - DL - UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Jones has is more talented but hasn't been healthy for one single season since being a Niner. Givens over Jones. Availability should be a top requirement for FA.

Totally agree. Lesser talent but durable >> greater talent but has an injury history.
  • thl408
So did Kerr take Givens' place?

I think Kerr takes Darrion Daniels' place. Givens is a keeper.
I think they end up keeing Kinlaw, Givens, Jones, Kerr, & Daniels out of camp, with Daniels likely inactive, I'd like to see the team develop both Givens & Daniels, both who will be ERFAs after 2021.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I think they end up keeing Kinlaw, Givens, Jones, Kerr, & Daniels out of camp, with Daniels likely inactive, I'd like to see the team develop both Givens & Daniels, both who will be ERFAs after 2021.

AB - why would they keep them out of camp? What do you see there?

I think he is saying those guys make the team with Daniels inactive on game day.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

AB - why would they keep them out of camp? What do you see there?

I think he is saying those guys make the team with Daniels inactive on game day.

This. Not hold them out of camp but keep them as in they make the team
If that's the case then they have 5 interior D lineman on the 53. I don't see a need to even draft this position unless it's BPA. If they keep 4 ER then they have 9 out of 53 dedicated to the d line. I don't see them going over 11 with that entire group. It doesn't leave the team needing much d line help. ER should be a priority every year but outside of a blue chipper I think they need to lean heavily on the secondary in this draft.
[ Edited by Howlett49 on Mar 24, 2021 at 11:53 AM ]
Originally posted by Izyniner:

Originally posted by Howlett49:
This. Not hold them out of camp but keep them as in they make the team
If that's the case then they have 5 interior D lineman on the 53. I don't see a need to even draft this position unless it's BPA. If they keep 4 ER then they have 9 out of 53 dedicated to the d line. I don't see them going over 11 with that entire group. It doesn't leave the team needing much d line help. ER should be a priority every year but outside of a blue chipper I think they need to lean heavily on the secondary in this draft.

Ah yes, got it! Thanks guys.

Yeah I'd keep those 5 IDL on the initial 53, I think Dee starts on either short term IR or PUP.
Guess this might explain the Zach Kerr pick up...

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/26/nfl-kevin-givens-49ers-assault-charge-violent-confrontation/
Originally posted by WolfTotem:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/26/nfl-kevin-givens-49ers-assault-charge-violent-confrontation/

Not sure if I'm reading into it, but the article makes it sound like Givens is gay. The wording is a little strange.
Cut him
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Cut him

4?

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Cut him

or just let the legal system do it's thing and go from there.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by WolfTotem:

Not sure if I'm reading into it, but the article makes it sound like Givens is gay. The wording is a little strange.

Never mind. The first article I read was trash and very misleading.

The one on the front page makes a lot more sense. Sounds like Givens got jealous over his girlfriend and guy friend relationship. Totally normal scenario. Dude is not going to be doing any time. I promise that.
f**king hell. do we need to pick up another DL now?
Originally posted by 1251alex:
f**king hell. do we need to pick up another DL now?

Cut Givens and go get Jarran Reed.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Mar 26, 2021 at 6:44 AM ]
Oof
Share 49ersWebzone