Did Fehoko even play? Never saw him out there.
I think with Height coming back, you release Fehoko, and promote either Cooks or Valdez.
Then, elevate Judon and Jackson this week to save Givens or Valdez (if not promoted) for the Seattle game.
There are 529 users in the forums
Defensive Line Thread
Sep 29, 2026 at 7:40 AM
- OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 38,576
Sep 29, 2026 at 7:51 AM
- CatchMaster80
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,740
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I noticed he was doing fine as well. I know it's easy to say, but it seems some of these guys look decent. If not for the plethora of injuries, we would never know. Kyle needs to start giving the young guys real game reps to see what he has.
Yeah agree 💯%, if the Electric Substation Gods give you lemons, you make lemonade. Injuries enabled us to discover Brock Purdy and Conner Colby. It also told us that Guerendo can't play in Kyle's scheme. The faster we know whether a rookie or young but talented player can or cannot play, its actually a big advantage to the team.
Unfortunately a lot of the young guys they were hoping to use have been injured. Most of the D line players they drafted the last 2 years are on IR. The 2 top young receivers are on IR. Now they're forced to play young guys that were supposed to be depth which in turn weakens the depth chart.
Sep 29, 2026 at 8:39 AM
- Giedi
- Veteran
- Posts: 34,510
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I noticed he was doing fine as well. I know it's easy to say, but it seems some of these guys look decent. If not for the plethora of injuries, we would never know. Kyle needs to start giving the young guys real game reps to see what he has.
Yeah agree 💯%, if the Electric Substation Gods give you lemons, you make lemonade. Injuries enabled us to discover Brock Purdy and Conner Colby. It also told us that Guerendo can't play in Kyle's scheme. The faster we know whether a rookie or young but talented player can or cannot play, its actually a big advantage to the team.
Unfortunately a lot of the young guys they were hoping to use have been injured. Most of the D line players they drafted the last 2 years are on IR. The 2 top young receivers are on IR. Now they're forced to play young guys that were supposed to be depth which in turn weakens the depth chart.
CJ West, Alfred Collins, and Mykel Williams will be back at some point, for example. It could even be that we find a diamond in the rough like possibly a Sebastian Valdez, who looks better than some draft picks. Point being when they heal up, thats added depth and talent. That, in the long term, can strengthen the depth chart and add possible draft capital. In the short term you find out the truth about a player.
Jordan Mason, for example, generated the draft capital to get Marques Sigle. You can turn Substation Lemons into lemonade if your coaches are good at spotting talent and developing players.
Sep 29, 2026 at 9:13 AM
- CatchMaster80
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,740
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I noticed he was doing fine as well. I know it's easy to say, but it seems some of these guys look decent. If not for the plethora of injuries, we would never know. Kyle needs to start giving the young guys real game reps to see what he has.
Yeah agree 💯%, if the Electric Substation Gods give you lemons, you make lemonade. Injuries enabled us to discover Brock Purdy and Conner Colby. It also told us that Guerendo can't play in Kyle's scheme. The faster we know whether a rookie or young but talented player can or cannot play, its actually a big advantage to the team.
Unfortunately a lot of the young guys they were hoping to use have been injured. Most of the D line players they drafted the last 2 years are on IR. The 2 top young receivers are on IR. Now they're forced to play young guys that were supposed to be depth which in turn weakens the depth chart.
CJ West, Alfred Collins, and Mykel Williams will be back at some point, for example. It could even be that we find a diamond in the rough like possibly a Sebastian Valdez, who looks better than some draft picks. Point being when they heal up, thats added depth and talent. That, in the long term, can strengthen the depth chart and add possible draft capital. In the short term you find out the truth about a player.
Jordan Mason, for example, generated the draft capital to get Marques Sigle. You can turn Substation Lemons into lemonade if your coaches are good at spotting talent and developing players.
This is true but that's assuming nobody else gets hurt and those players coming back play well. I just want to see the results. I don't like to over project.
Sep 29, 2026 at 9:38 AM
- tankle104
- Veteran
- Posts: 26,361
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Did Fehoko even play? Never saw him out there.
I think with Height coming back, you release Fehoko, and promote either Cooks or Valdez.
Then, elevate Judon and Jackson this week to save Givens or Valdez (if not promoted) for the Seattle game.
I think he played like 13 snaps or something like that, i haven't watched but Guy and Kruger said he had quality snaps. that's all I know. dont know how true that is or isn't.
This week is going to be rough for our D line. Issue with Judon is that we dont know how much shape is in, so it's hard to project how many snaps he can play. I really hope Mykel and Bosa come back for the seattle game. I believe Mykel will but i doubt Bosa.
Sep 29, 2026 at 10:33 AM
- Giedi
- Veteran
- Posts: 34,510
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
This is true but that's assuming nobody else gets hurt and those players coming back play well. I just want to see the results. I don't like to over project.
I hear you. I hate any injuries to our starters or backups. But as NY85 says, injuries are a part of football. In our case, we're the highest injured team in all of football. Might as well use it to our advantage.
I like how the 49ers are loading up on young raw talent as backups (Valdez, Kalil Dinkins, James Thompson, Enrique Cruz etc...) versus signing the aging free agent Joey Bosas of the NFL world. (Not that I would mind the signing) but UDFA compromise about a quarter of the NFL. You got a one in four shot at finding a gem if you are willing to take the opportunity to look for them.
Sep 29, 2026 at 11:43 AM
- BoldRedandGold
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,126
Pisses me off that fehoko, Kareem, baby hulk, halton all come in and make an impact yet our week 1 backups and middle starters did nothing.
It makes me wonder if the best players are being put on the field every week.
It makes me wonder if the best players are being put on the field every week.
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Sep 29, 2026 at 11:45 AM ]
Sep 29, 2026 at 12:04 PM
- BoldRedandGold
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,126
Anybody have a good idea of the reasonable trade deadline options at nose?
I know buckner and vea have been floated. We have any other reasonable plug and play big boys we can do that just will not get moved up the middle?
All due respect to buckner but he's not necessarily the type of player we need to just completely anchor and wall the middle during runs.
I know buckner and vea have been floated. We have any other reasonable plug and play big boys we can do that just will not get moved up the middle?
All due respect to buckner but he's not necessarily the type of player we need to just completely anchor and wall the middle during runs.
Sep 29, 2026 at 6:18 PM
- sick9erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 792
Can't wait for after the Bye and them rolling out Bosa, Osa, Mykel, Hight on passing downs.
Sep 29, 2026 at 7:54 PM
- the_dynasty
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,610
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:Each team has certain roster politics, and for younger guys they have projections of how well they will develop, so typically guys with pedigree will get a longer leash than guys who werent picked high or are off PS.
Pisses me off that fehoko, Kareem, baby hulk, halton all come in and make an impact yet our week 1 backups and middle starters did nothing.
It makes me wonder if the best players are being put on the field every week.
I mean, lets put it this way. Brock Purdy at each point of his pro career was much better than Trey Lance ever was, and Id argue also better than Jimmy G ever was. Yet he was the third guy on the depth chart. Were we putting our best QB on the field until injuries to Jimmy and Trey paved way for Brock ?
With that said, Niners generally are a team that prefers vets/experience over younger guys because the former typically have better grasp of execution and obviously a lot of experience. Younger guys will make more mistakes and it will take them longer to get experience needed.
A lot of these guys who only get any snaps because of like 5 different injuries, come out and play decent and even flash, its good for them because now Kyle has context and he will probably trust them more. Lack of trust for "outside" guys is definitely one of few issues Kyle has as a coach imo.
Sep 29, 2026 at 9:40 PM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Did Fehoko even play? Never saw him out there.
I think with Height coming back, you release Fehoko, and promote either Cooks or Valdez.
Then, elevate Judon and Jackson this week to save Givens or Valdez (if not promoted) for the Seattle game.
I thought they promoted Valdez?
Sep 29, 2026 at 9:45 PM
- Kolohe
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 67,105
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Anybody have a good idea of the reasonable trade deadline options at nose?
I know buckner and vea have been floated. We have any other reasonable plug and play big boys we can do that just will not get moved up the middle?
All due respect to buckner but he's not necessarily the type of player we need to just completely anchor and wall the middle during runs.
I really like Grover Stewart. Not sure what Indy would want in return. Daron Payne is another I like.
Sep 30, 2026 at 12:48 AM
- Sask49erFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,128
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Anybody have a good idea of the reasonable trade deadline options at nose?
I know buckner and vea have been floated. We have any other reasonable plug and play big boys we can do that just will not get moved up the middle?
All due respect to buckner but he's not necessarily the type of player we need to just completely anchor and wall the middle during runs.
Daron Payne
Sep 30, 2026 at 4:38 AM
- Fanaticofnfl
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,964
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Anybody have a good idea of the reasonable trade deadline options at nose?
I know buckner and vea have been floated. We have any other reasonable plug and play big boys we can do that just will not get moved up the middle?
All due respect to buckner but he's not necessarily the type of player we need to just completely anchor and wall the middle during runs.
Trade a 1st, a 3rd and CJ West for Jeffrey Simmons!
((I'm joke-dreaming of course lol. Unless…))
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Sep 30, 2026 at 4:38 AM ]
Sep 30, 2026 at 5:26 AM
- OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 38,576
Originally posted by Kolohe:Originally posted by OnTheClock:Did Fehoko even play? Never saw him out there.
I think with Height coming back, you release Fehoko, and promote either Cooks or Valdez.
Then, elevate Judon and Jackson this week to save Givens or Valdez (if not promoted) for the Seattle game.
I thought they promoted Valdez?
No it was Fehoko with Givens and Valdez as temp PS elevations.
Givens looked fresh as a pass rusher. That rep where he destroyed the guard absolutely steam rolling him was awesome.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 30, 2026 at 5:28 AM ]