There are 167 users in the forums

UDFA Jamell Garcia-Williams, DE, UAB is a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know the kid's just a UDFA, but this guy caught my eye this season and I think is talented enough to keep tabs on as we enter this season. Not saying he'll make the roster, but it wouldn't be a total shock if this is someone we try to stash away, at least on the practice squad. There is a LOT to like about him and I'm a big fan of the pickup. Let's start the thread now.

Measureables
Height, weight: 6-8 255
Arm Length: 35 7/8"
Production: 15.5 TFL, 9.5 sacks (1st on his team and 3rd in the conference behind Jaylon Ferguson and Oshane Ximines)

Intangibles
Named to Conference-USA All-Academic Team.

Summary Analysis
Garcia-Williams possesses a towering frame with room to add additional bulk, but the most striking physical feature is his absolutely massive arm length at roughly 36 inches. His long strides cover so much ground so quickly, when paired with this phenomenal length, you have yourself a player with unprecedented physical traits that God only knows what he could do with, after further physical and technical development at the NFL level. It's likely the 49ers saw something at the Senior Bowl where Jamell was a participant. As is the case with many players with production and physical traits that don't get selected, there is an injury. An injury which kept him from working out for teams so that really hurt him (no pun intended). Still, on paper, a healthy version of Jamell has sky high potential and is certainly a player worth following as we enter the 2019 pre-season.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 29, 2019 at 4:18 PM ]
Potentially Aldon Smith without the alcohol dependency
I love DEs with length. I hope he does make it!
  • thl408
Wow that's tall. Can he play the red zone target position?
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Agreed. Maybe his injury can linger & we can stash him on IR to get stronger & mor ready for the NFL mentally & physically
Originally posted by tohara3:

Agreed. Maybe his injury can linger & we can stash him on IR to get stronger & mor ready for the NFL mentally & physically

What happened to that guy we picked up from Carolina? I was pissed we never gave him a shot but I forgot about him lol.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:

Another Harbaugh hangnail injury?
This generation's John Milem.

Missed pro day due to injury.
https://www.al.com/uab/2019/03/how-did-uab-players-perform-at-pro-day-heres-a-look-inside-the-numbers.html

The UAB football program held its pro day Thursday morning at the UAB Football Operations Complex, and approximately 50 scouts from all 32 NFL teams attended.

There were 23 Blazers who participated in drills – Jamell Garcia-Williams and Anthony Rush did not participate due to injuries – ranging from the 40-yard dash to bench press.

Seems like a longshot, but maybe Kocurek can do something with him.
Go go gadget arms
Share 49ersWebzone