There are 237 users in the forums

OT Justin Skule

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He's a kid put into big games, it's cool, let's talk about Brunski !!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Skule is gonna be fine but I told people to not get carried away. He's facing elite pass rushers and teams are starting to pick apart his tendencies on film. He's promising but has a long ways to go. Its all about the ride baby.

Yea, he went up against a pretty tough slate of edge rushers for a 6th round rookie.
They made the right decision benching him. It wasn't his night against those guys. He is still a rookie who has got some good experience. He will be a good back up for us. Excited how good Brunskil has played. It will be interesting to see who is playing for us next week.
My boy got absolutely Skuled today and they definitely made the right call to pull him. He was completely outmatched by Z. Smith, but it's the kind of lesson that every young player needs to experience if they want to have a long career in the NFL.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
My boy got absolutely Skuled today and they definitely made the right call to pull him. He was completely outmatched by Z. Smith, but it's the kind of lesson that every young player needs to experience if they want to have a long career in the NFL.

Yep. He got beat on 2 plays. Brunskill got beat one time too.
Sometimes you just get a bad matchup or start bad and keep sliding, especially as a young player.

It was the right call to pull him, but he's still got a lot of learning to do and will get better.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

He got beat on nearly every play. Dude was holding on for dear life. He looked absolutely shellshocked standing on the sidelines. Gonna have to learn from this ass whooping and bounce back.

He got beat on nearly every play. Dude was holding on for dear life. He looked absolutely shellshocked standing on the sidelines. Gonna have to learn from this ass whooping and bounce back.

Yep, just like me on the webzone sometimes.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Hopefully he's mentally strong enough, and hope Coach Staley can help him recover.

He had a bad game in a season where he's really come through for us overall. I think he'll bounce back.
  • dj43
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

That would explain a lot.

In the past, he has shown pretty good footwork. Last night his feet were slow and his pad angle was higher than in the past. A very sore leg would explain a lot of that.

He is young and has flashed some good games in the past. He will be just fine. For now, Brunskill has shown he has a starting role in the future. The only question is; where? He can play anywhere on the OL, depending on need. Good news.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:

That would explain a lot.

In the past, he has shown pretty good footwork. Last night his feet were slow and his pad angle was higher than in the past. A very sore leg would explain a lot of that.

He is young and has flashed some good games in the past. He will be just fine. For now, Brunskill has shown he has a starting role in the future. The only question is; where? He can play anywhere on the OL, depending on need. Good news.

You know I noticed a big difference too but didn't think much of it until reading your post. Recall, Skule was battling knee and ankle injuries as of a few games back and had been playing through them. His kick slide was nice and smooth when he was healthier, but last night it did not look at all like he was moving well.

I'm just glad our OT depth is so much better than we expected.
Originally posted by Overkill:
He had a bad game in a season where he's really come through for us overall. I think he'll bounce back.

Totally agree!
Share 49ersWebzone