LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

"Big Play" Dre Greenlaw-OLB-Arkansas is a 49er

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by titan:
Some fans. 😂
yeah that's it, it was Dre's fault why we lost. He lost a step and should've never even been thought of for a probowl.
Dude lead the team in tackles, while Fred and Dre did their best to try to shead Eagles OL, since our DL got mauled. Yes but that's it!

Originally posted by fropwns:
Some fans just love to hate. After the music has stopped and the victorious team has left the field, the damn war inside continues against those that fans blame for everything.

Not once in my post did I blame him for yesterday's loss lol.... but keep reaching......... he was playing Pro Bowl level up until the Washington game which was after the snub. After that wasn't Pro Bowl level, not bad but not Big Play Dre.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
i dont blame dre one bit. he was playing his ass off snd got desperate, just like the rest of the team. think how frustrating those circumstances were for us on the couch, and imagine how much more frustrating it is for the team.

it's called mental toughness.. you have a job to do and are paid well go do it.. easy to be tough mentally when things are all rosy.. when the going gets tough that shows your mental makeup.. this team lost the plot late game, showed a lack of class imo

okay to be frustrated however play the game don't be 'on tilt'. if there is shenanigans after the whistle, let them be the ones doing it and us getting the calls.

Easy to talk about mental toughness from the sofa
i dont blame dre one bit. he was playing his ass off snd got desperate, just like the rest of the team. think how frustrating those circumstances were for us on the couch, and imagine how much more frustrating it is for the team.

it's called mental toughness.. you have a job to do and are paid well go do it.. easy to be tough mentally when things are all rosy.. when the going gets tough that shows your mental makeup.. this team lost the plot late game, showed a lack of class imo

okay to be frustrated however play the game don't be 'on tilt'. if there is shenanigans after the whistle, let them be the ones doing it and us getting the calls.

and behind a keyboard/screen.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:

and behind a keyboard/screen.

Lol! You should've seen what I did to the Eagles offense in my head!!!

I recovered like 3 fumbles and 4 sacks!
Really wish we had signed him to more than a 2yr extension thru 2024, hope we can keep him past 2024, gotta extend him, Ward, & Armstead next year IMO, I have no issue paying Dre $10M+ a yr, Ward $14M+, and AA $17M a yr again, hope they do it next year, saves over $27M, Deebo restructure saves over $15.7M Over $40M saved with those 4, plus expect them to have $10M in carryover plus some good amount of adjustments/credits.

Anyway, Dre is a beast, love him, gotta keep him long term.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Really wish we had signed him to more than a 2yr extension thru 2024, hope we can keep him past 2024, gotta extend him, Ward, & Armstead next year IMO, I have no issue paying Dre $10M+ a yr, Ward $14M+, and AA $17M a yr again, hope they do it next year, saves over $27M, Deebo restructure saves over $15.7M Over $40M saved with those 4, plus expect them to have $10M in carryover plus some good amount of adjustments/credits.

I agree. I think he's gone in 2025 for 10 million +. He deserves it and it was a fair deal for Dre because even with the extension, is probably still underpaid. He can still hit free agency at age 28 or whatever, so good for him, bad for us. Hope these young linebackers are ready to take over then.

I'd let Armstead walk tbh
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I agree. I think he's gone in 2025 for 10 million +. He deserves it and it was a fair deal for Dre because even with the extension, is probably still underpaid. He can still hit free agency at age 28 or whatever, so good for him, bad for us. Hope these young linebackers are ready to take over then.

I don't think he's gone, the 49ers will pay him next year or in 2025, at worst they can tag him in 2025, as long as Aiyuk is already extended, I don't see an issue with them keeping their core together for as long as possible. Yeah guys like McCloud, Jennings, Burks, and others won't be retained when they're UFAs, but we've drafted well to replace them.

I honestly, and really do believe in 2024 they'll restructure Deebo, extend AA, Ward, & Dre, and the 49ers will be just fine for 2024 and beyond.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

I don't think he's gone, the 49ers will pay him next year or in 2025, at worst they can tag him in 2025, as long as Aiyuk is already extended, I don't see an issue with them keeping their core together for as long as possible. Yeah guys like McCloud, Jennings, Burks, and others won't be retained when they're UFAs, but we've drafted well to replace them.

I honestly, and really do believe in 2024 they'll restructure Deebo, extend AA, Ward, & Dre, and the 49ers will be just fine for 2024 and beyond.

Glad to hear this!

Great game by him today. He's plays so damn violent, love it.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Great game by him today. He's plays so damn violent, love it.

Absolutely. He and Warner just amazing today .
Greenlaw ALL OVER THE FIELD!
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Dude played amazing. All over the field and the hits were absolute crushers. The defense played incredibly and he was the best player on that unit today imo.
He was a superb resigning.
Share 49ersWebzone