There are 203 users in the forums

DE Nick Bosa "Smaller Bear" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
In Bosa's recent presser, it was funny hearing him say he was confused why the 49ers had drafted another inside LB (Drake), it was also my first reaction, because usually ESPN/NFLN will list an edge rusher as "Edge". But they listed Drake as "LB" and so I also thought he was an inside LB and thought "why, they already have Warner/Greenlaw/Al Shaair" for the first 10 seconds until they started to show Drake's highlights.

That is funny. You have such great film breakdown i assumed you were all over every football aspect.

Now we know you dont follow the draft!

Jackson was the dark horse projection to 49ers that usually got a "not gonna happen...no way he drops that far" response
  • thl408
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
In Bosa's recent presser, it was funny hearing him say he was confused why the 49ers had drafted another inside LB (Drake), it was also my first reaction, because usually ESPN/NFLN will list an edge rusher as "Edge". But they listed Drake as "LB" and so I also thought he was an inside LB and thought "why, they already have Warner/Greenlaw/Al Shaair" for the first 10 seconds until they started to show Drake's highlights.

That is funny. You have such great film breakdown i assumed you were all over every football aspect.

Jackson was the dark horse projection to 49ers that usually got a "not gonna happen...no way he drops that far" response

I learn about prospects from the draftniks on this forum. Since the 49ers didn't have a 1st rounder, I didn't take the time to familiarize with a big board that is 100 prospects deep. But yeah my very first reaction was "wtf, why ILB?". Funny to hear Bosa think the same and that he was following the draft on TV too.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
we have so many guys like Nick that deserve rings and scum on other teams that get em

i hope what happened to gore.. willis and cowboy does not happen to bosa.... the prime years of those guys were wasted with no reward

It's one of my football pet peeves that professional media that covers football still does this. Bosa's confusion is precisely why the edge designation was created years ago.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 13, 2022 at 12:21 PM ]

I learn about prospects from the draftniks on this forum. Since the 49ers didn't have a 1st rounder, I didn't take the time to familiarize with a big board that is 100 prospects deep. But yeah my very first reaction was "wtf, why ILB?". Funny to hear Bosa think the same and that he was following the draft on TV too.

This was the first year in a long time I didn't dive all into the draft. Partly because we went far in the playoffs, partly because we weren't picking until 61 and mostly because I just don't have as much time on my hands with a little one running around now.

Honestly it made the draft a little easier to take. Too many years it feels like I spend all this time digging into prospects and we rarely take the guys I want anyways lol. I may take this approach moving forward(hopefully we don't have early draft picks for a long long time)
Originally posted by genus49:

This was the first year in a long time I didn't dive all into the draft. Partly because we went far in the playoffs, partly because we weren't picking until 61 and mostly because I just don't have as much time on my hands with a little one running around now.

Honestly it made the draft a little easier to take. Too many years it feels like I spend all this time digging into prospects and we rarely take the guys I want anyways lol. I may take this approach moving forward(hopefully we don't have early draft picks for a long long time)

I was hopeful we could get a 2nd for JG and had my eyes on a pass rusher and OL as our first two picks.

Jackson falling to our pick was insane...now i just hope he lives up to his potential

Definitely guilty of being a draft addict
I don't want to get to political or anything.. but one thing I have noticed.. this guy can get after NFL QBs.

i had the same reaction
I thought he would be extended this season? Wouldn't that be the wiser move for both sides?
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I thought he would be extended this season? Wouldn't that be the wiser move for both sides?

JL said they always extend players with 1 year left on their deal. Bosa has two left. Which probally means Aiyuk won't be extended next year but the year after.

Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

JL said they always extend players with 1 year left on their deal. Bosa has two left. Which probally means Aiyuk won't be extended next year but the year after.
gonna have more cap space next year also
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jul 26, 2022 at 5:18 PM ]

Exactly.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Exactly.

ah ok. All the talk was he would get extended but i guess not needed since we exercised his 5th year option. He will probably cost 35 mill next year lol
I actually like that Bosa might not get extended this offseason. Not that he needs extra motivation but now it's basically almost like a contract year for him. DPOY coming right up.
I actually like that Bosa might not get extended this offseason. Not that he needs extra motivation but now it's basically almost like a contract year for him. DPOY coming right up.

Just even more money and I'm for it!
Share 49ersWebzone