There are 265 users in the forums

Biggest question I have regarding this regime's approach to acquisitions and free age

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
the good free agents who don't get injured, ain't signing no "team friendly" deal. That's why we get stuck with these fragile players.

Or you get non team friendly deals that eff a team for years when the player doesn't work out.

Haynesworth, Albert
Boston, David
Green, Ahman
Archuleta, Adam
Murray, DeMarco
Asomugha, Nnamdi
Dockery, Derrick
Glennon, Mike
Hardy, Greg
Osweiler, Brock

And the list goes on and on and on
I too... want to learn about "free age"
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I too... want to learn about "free age"

I want some free range chicken

even if free age
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

In terms of wide receiver I think if they packaged the #2 pick, a player, and a second rounder next year they could have swung a deal for the #6 pick and Beckham.

So you start a thread complaining about the team acquiring too many injury prone players and then you move on to complaining about them not acquiring OBJ who has missed 16 games over the past 2 seasons?

You got to roll the dice in this league. Chances are Varrett will be hurt by week 4 but if he stays healthy that secondary could be really good.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Lynch is an idiot. Nothing more.

You complain Lynch wouldn't spend or sign anyone?

Now you complain cause of who he signed?

Are you never happy with what the 49ers do?
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Way too much faith in Ben Peterson and his new medical staff. He must have had a helluva PowerPoint presentation or something during the job interview.

Right now, John Lynch is playing with fire and his job on the line, signing all these injury prone guys.

How is Lynch playing with fire, all of these deals are super team friendly, and they can get out after year 1.

Originally posted by 9moon:
I agree, little by little, Lynch is makin his seat real HOT !!!

The trade for Dee Ford, I wont even question because 2020 is next year and we do need a pass rusher.. but the best part is that we're in the position to draft another pass rusher with the 2nd overall pick this year..

The free agent signings however is a different story..

Kwon - Coleman - Matthews & Varrett all looks good with the price we got them for, but if you think about it, we signed these guys believing that they are good and will be very very good players.. if they turn out to be outstanding, how much do we end up re-signing them for after 2 years??

Personally, I would have just combined the money that was used on Coleman and Kwon and made a pitch on Barr or CJ Mosely...

Barr was never coming here, he stated he wanted to go back to Minnesota.

Mosley cost way way way too much.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
How is Lynch playing with fire, all of these deals are super team friendly, and they can get out after year 1.

Barr was never coming here, he stated he wanted to go back to Minnesota.

Mosley cost way way way too much.

Mosley also can't cover the way this defense needs, one reason that Baltimore was okay with letting him walk. Tremendous run stopping MLB, coverage liability.
Share 49ersWebzone