There are 181 users in the forums

Coaching Staff Changes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GEEK:
New DL, DB, and a new pass rush guys. And maybe a new Strength coach and senior offensive assistant to round it all out.

Correct
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Kyle should promote him to OC and start concentrating more on the defense. Lol

THIS!

Given the uncertainty we've had with QBs on this team, revolving door, you're willing to let a top assistant go after two losing seasons?

We keep Saleh and might let Rich go? Am I the only one who thinks this is a huge mistake?

Also 49ers can easily block/deny any interview to their coaching staff members if its not a Head Coaching interview.

THIS!

Given the uncertainty we've had with QBs on this team, revolving door, you're willing to let a top assistant go after two losing seasons?

We keep Saleh and might let Rich go? Am I the only one who thinks this is a huge mistake?

Mike McDaniel is already the Defacto O coordinator. It will likely be him if not Lafleur. Scangerello has little to do w play design and nothing w play calling.
I'd like to see Hafley and Hightower be upgraded.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Exactly, everyones to busy looking at our defense instead of really honing in on the TE position and the great season he had!

Not to mention we have another high round pick to use on John Lynch's favorite Pac 12 player!

Hope we don't lose Demeco Ryans he's thought highly of around NFL circles
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

THIS!

A. Shanahan isn't giving up playcalling on offense. That would be dumb. Playcalling is a specific talent, no amount of gameplanning or football knowledge offsets the innate ability that great playcallers have. Sarkisian spent a whole offseason studying Kyle's offense in Atlanta. He didn't come close to replicating it.

B. It doesn't matter what Scangarello's title is, the 49ers can reject all non-HC requests as long as he is under contract.

C. Considering Kyle is the guy who brought Sean McVay to Washington, current Titans OC Matt LaFleur to Washington and Atlanta and brought Scangarello to the 49ers, I'm guessing he's fully capable of finding a talented replacement.

I'd keep an eye on a guy like Dowell Loggains if Rich is given a OC job somewhere. He and Kyle coached together in Cleveland. Loggains hasn't had a great track record as a offensive coordinator but I've read in the past he's a respected qb coach.
We getting rid Jeff Hafley?
I have a feeling that most of the defensive staff will stay in place. Similar to DC, they are probably not banking on landing an elite position coach being available. They'll look for growth within the staff and maybe hire a senior assistant (like Norton) who brings something unique to the D. If that fails, they'll look for another role player with ideas (like Kiffin).
[ Edited by zonkers on Dec 31, 2018 at 10:43 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by zonkers:
I have a feeling that most of the defensive staff will stay in place. Similar to DC, they are probably not banking on landing an elite position coach being available. They'll look for growth within the staff and maybe hire a senior assistant (like Norton) who brings something unique to the D. If that fails, they'll look for another role player with ideas (like Kiffin).

That sounds like what is going to happen...and that may be the best approach anyway. Nothing motivates a good young coaching talent than to see promotions from within.

Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by zonkers:

That sounds like what is going to happen...and that may be the best approach anyway. Nothing motivates a good young coaching talent than to see promotions from within.

I was thinking more of expecting incremental improvement from each position coach. But yeah, anyone that becomes more than average (if ever) would be a real keeper.
So no one thinks Saleh is fired ??? Tho I heard Bowles is still highly thought of as a head coach, my dream choice would be him to replace Saleh..
Bring in todd bowles as special conultant / associate hc. Like mangini. But he is better than mangini.
I'd like some changes on the defensive side, secondary coach and defensive coordinator in particular, but I'm not hopeful. Kyle already said no changes This is all hope now.
Guys, in yesterday's presser with Lynch, Kyle flat out said he didn't expect ANY coaching changes and confirmed Saleh would be his DC next year.
Share 49ersWebzone