LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 376 users in the forums

Week 16 - Bears @ 49ers - Post-Game Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Why do I get the feeling we might win this game. Seems like Jags game last year.

We are on a roll and the Bears are already in the play offs so wont be risking their stars.

yeah, but seeding.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Why do I get the feeling we might win this game. Seems like Jags game last year.

We are on a roll and the Bears are already in the play offs so wont be risking their stars.

yeah, but seeding.

This, plus they're only one game out from a bye, they'll be playing hard.

I'm looking forward to the game, I think we do have a chance if we play as well as last week. We're a better team than nearly everyone gave us credit for, and people still aren't happy.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Nagey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saleh
Originally posted by mayo49:
I need some goddamn 49ers regular season action.

I'd much rather see 49er post-regular season action.
Gonna be a huge test
I can see the Raiders and Jets winning this week
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Part of what has allowed the 49ers to win these last 2 games among other things, is playing inferior defenses (Seahawks defense is garbage w/o Wright & Thomas even with All Pro years from Clark & Wagner; Denver still gives up too many big plays even with a dominant pass rush). I'm eager to see Shanahan's offense against an elite outfit.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Part of what has allowed the 49ers to win these last 2 games among other things, is playing inferior defenses (Seahawks defense is garbage w/o Wright & Thomas even with All Pro years from Clark & Wagner; Denver still gives up too many big plays even with a dominant pass rush). I'm eager to see Shanahan's offense against an elite outfit.

With or without Jimmy?

How about we fly the Niners to Baltimore or have the Bears game in Chicago instead with CJ at QB to see what Shanahan is really made of?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
With or without Jimmy?

How about we fly the Niners to Baltimore or have the Bears game in Chicago instead with CJ at QB to see what Shanahan is really made of?

Wut?

If you think my post was one of those anti-Shanahan nonsensical posts that you read in here a lot, not at all. This team is playing hard for Shanny. They played 2 mediocre defenses which allowed them to play with a lead for most of the game. Those are facts. It might not be that easy this week.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
With or without Jimmy?

Wut?

If you think my post was one of those anti-Shanahan nonsensical posts that you read in here a lot, not at all. This team is playing hard for Shanny. They played 2 mediocre defenses which allowed them to play with a lead for most of the game. Those are facts. It might not be that easy this week.

That's cool.

Just to me, of all the things to worry about........a Shanahan led offense is not very high on the priority list. Years of Harbaugh, Chryst, Kelly took a toll with each new guy thinking we would possibly do SOMETHING on offense, and to see what we do week in and week out over the last two seasons with a team that hasn't been good has been amazing.

You give me Jimmy G and the full roster healthy, and NO defense is too scary. I think people are underrating the Jaguars game last year....

We going to play no s**ts given ball and win
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
for the second year in a row. we start to play well when there is no pressure on us to do well. oh well. here is to moral wins and building momentum to next year
Originally posted by cciowa:
for the second year in a row. we start to play well when there is no pressure on us to do well. oh well. here is to moral wins and building momentum to next year

There hasn't been pressure on us to do well since week 3

Exactly what I am thinking. I have the very same feeling about this game as I did for the Jags last year, and I really hope Mullens and Thomas have huge games!
[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Dec 18, 2018 at 10:17 AM ]
  • napo
  • Veteran
Chicago may be missing two of its top DBs. FS Eddie Jackson sprained his ankle and the nickle DB, who was terrific, Callahan, is on IR. So there could be some weakness on pass defense to be exploited.
Share 49ersWebzone