LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 373 users in the forums

Week 15 - Seahawks @ 49ers - Post Game Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Niners816:
It's like this for me.....Bosa looks like he could be a stud. However, yesterday felt different. The group as composed took one of the hottest teams in the league, who beat us consistently for five years and embarrassed us just 2 weeks ago and beat them. Kyle schemed his ass off and was a couple of over throws away from almost another 400 yard passing on them.

This type of win just seems like it can be a point of reference going forward. It's shows that they can compete even in a depleted form. Drafts are a fluid situation let's see how this one unfolds as I still think we will be picking in the top 5.

The issue is:
* Kyle schemes his ass off every game (no difference)
* Seahawks still go to the playoffs and this is just another road loss (no difference)
* Half the players starting yesterday won't be starting next year (no difference)
* We beat playoff teams last year with 2nd and 3rd stringers (no difference)

If the idea is that this is some cultural shift or that this win will carry over some fantasy momentum into next year because of it, look no further than 2017 for proof that isn't true (no difference).

This win made no difference.

I disagree. These guys work their asses off every week, coaches and players. At some point there must be a W to let them know there is a light at the end of the losing tunnel. To let them know they are on the right track. It does wonder for a young team. Otherwise they would be the Browns the last couple of years.

You are right, in that the W doesn't add to the talent on the current roster, nor improve a lost season, record wise.

The win is for everyone's sanity on the team. These are human being with up and down emotions going through the season together. As a team, if you think it doesn't matter, just look at the post game video. The human side of football or any team sport count just as much. It might even transcend winning and losing.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM ]
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
i mean...

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/122041-russell-wilson-seahawks-players-blame-penalties-sundays-49ers/

they're not wrong.

Yeah, like we (and everyone else who plays the Seahawks) haven't been on the short end of many bad calls since Pete the cheat took over.

Lol I know I know. but I read the whole article. they gave us a lot of credit.

Exactly, not one quote was them blaming bad calls by the refs.
The issue is:
* Kyle schemes his ass off every game (no difference)
* Seahawks still go to the playoffs and this is just another road loss (no difference)
* Half the players starting yesterday won't be starting next year (no difference)
* We beat playoff teams last year with 2nd and 3rd stringers (no difference)

If the idea is that this is some cultural shift or that this win will carry over some fantasy momentum into next year because of it, look no further than 2017 for proof that isn't true (no difference).

This win made no difference.

We don't know what 2017 did for 2018 because we lost what made the 2017 run to a knee injury in KC. Hopefully we never have to deal with losing a franchise QB again.

What did it do for the other 21-30 starters?
We also didn't have a 3rd string QB too last year. big difference.

Hoyer and BeatHard weren't 3rd string QB's?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I disagree. These guys work their asses off every week, coaches and players. At some point there must be a W to let them know there is a light at the end of the losing tunnel. To let them know they are on the right track. It does wonder for a young team. Otherwise they would be the Browns the last couple of years.

You are right, in that the W doesn't add to the talent on the current roster, nor improve a lost season, record wise.

The win is for everyone's sanity on the team. These are human being with up and down emotions going through the season together. As a team, if you think it doesn't matter, just look at the post game video. The human side of football or any team sport count just as much. It might even transcend winning and losing.

They had 3. Is a 4th going to add more?

We also didn't have a 3rd string QB last year in terms of JG in beating playoff bound teams. this year we beat playoff bound teams with a 3rd string QB.

big difference.
Felt great to beat the Seahawks! With currently owning the 4th pick who are we looking at?

We also didn't have a 3rd string QB last year in terms of JG in beating playoff bound teams. this year we beat playoff bound teams with a 3rd string QB.

big difference.

True....big difference is we've found a true backup QB. But we found that whether he won or lost yesterday. No difference.

big difference.

True....big difference is we've found a true backup QB. But we found that whether he won or lost yesterday. No difference.

wrong
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Felt great to beat the Seahawks! With currently owning the 4th pick who are we looking at?

Yep...." you know that team that's knocked this franchise's dick in the dirt for half a decade and curb stomped you just 2 week ago....well we just beat them at their hottest and did so with 2's and 3's and it didn't take a perfect game by any means".

I hated the lead up to yesterday's game personally. I wanted the top pick like everyone but also I'm sick and f**king tired of losing to Carroll and those f**ks in the clown-ass uniforms.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Dec 17, 2018 at 8:51 AM ]
wrong

LOL. What?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I really think that the Giants - Washington - or even Cincy will move up ... if we can drop down between 7 to 12, I would really like for us to draft Devin White of LSU who I really compare to Patrick Willis but just a bit more VOCAL..
wrong

LOL. What?

I win.

You lose.

Yep...." you know that team that's knocked this franchise's dick in the dirt for half a decade and curb stomped you just 2 week ago....well we just beat them at their hottest and did so with 2's and 3's and it didn't take a perfect game by any means".

I hated the lead up to yesterday's game personally. I wanted the top pick like everyone but also I'm sick and f**king tired of losing to Carroll and those f**ks I'm the clown-ass uniforms.

That's the internal battle of being a fan and being a GM fan...emotion vs. logic...short-term vs. long-term. It sucks because we're all happy with the outcome but sad at the outcome at the same time because we lost total control of the draft.

All we know now is we beat 2 playoff contending teams and Lynch has some serious work to do now.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 17, 2018 at 8:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone