NFL Scout on how to fix the Niners

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Garoppolo was 1 - 2 this year. A losing record. Not exactly setting the world on fire. When the NFL had a chance to study the film in the off season they figured him out. He was not doing anything great this year. Mostly losing games. He was a far cry from last year. That's for sure. This is not that great of a team. Including him.

I guess you're Conveniently forgetting he played against the best or one of the best defenses in the NFL opening day at Minnesota and he also had to play the best offense in the NFL at the hardest place to play at Kansas City. Wow. This is got to be one of the posts I have ever seen. I'm just glad hardly anyone agrees with that statement.

By the way how was Tom Brady doing sitting at 1-2. Not doing much except losing, being inaccurate and might we say losing against easier teams then Jimmy Garoppolo? By far. Sounds pretty intelligent Lol.
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 27, 2018 at 8:26 AM ]
Originally posted by elguapo:
I guess you're Conveniently forgetting he played against the best or one of the best defenses in the NFL opening day at Minnesota and he also had to play the best offense in the NFL at the hardest place to play at Kansas City. Wow. This is got to be one of the posts I have ever seen. I'm just glad hardly anyone agrees with that statement.

By the way how was Tom Brady doing sitting at 1-2. Not doing much except losing, being inaccurate and might we say losing against easier teams then Jimmy Garoppolo? By far. Sounds pretty intelligent Lol.

Owned!!
Originally posted by Niners99:
The "they're missing on their draft picks" narrative is so lazy.

Yes, Solomon Thomas has been a disappointment. But Saleh has been using him totally wrong, and his sister just died. Stamping him as a bust already is unfair.

Nobody making those claims mentions them hitting on McGlinchey, Kittle, Foster, and Warner. Or that weve gotten value from later round picks like Taylor and Colbert. Or that we found an undrafted top tier RB in Breida.

It hasn't even been 1.5 years yet.

At the end of last year, EVERYONE was fired up about where we were. Garoppolo gets hurt in week 3, and people are not only shocked that were bad, but they now think Lynch and Shanahan need to go?

Garoppolo was 1 - 2 this year. A losing record. Not exactly setting the world on fire. When the NFL had a chance to study the film in the off season they figured him out. He was not doing anything great this year. Mostly losing games. He was a far cry from last year. That's for sure. This is not that great of a team. Including him.

The winning teams in those two Niners' losses are currently 4-2-1 and 6-1. Both teams were division winners last year and both teams are leading their divisions now.
Both games were on the road as well. If you think those were average games, you are mistaken.
Sooooo they suggest fixing the team by...

1) Not getting injured
2) Draft better
3) Get Bosa

It's the deep analytical thought that really makes it work. I hope whatever high school student wrote it gets a good grade.
[ Edited by JaggedJ on Oct 27, 2018 at 11:06 AM ]
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

1) Not getting injured
2) Draft better
3) Get Bosa

It's the deep analytical thought that really makes it work. I hope whatever high school student wrote it gets a good grade.

Not getting injured is great advice.
Originally posted by English:

1) Not getting injured
2) Draft better
3) Get Bosa

And always score more points than the opposing team.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Excuses, excuses. If you want to win you have to play against the best teams. How is he going to be in the playoffs someday if he makes it there? One and done. That's how. He has shown no evidence so far he can beat the excellent teams. If you are the highest paid QB in the league (he used to be at least - some have surpassed that now) you should be able to beat some good teams. If not you don't deserve that contract.
Too much is being made of where the 49ers are now. Of all of the 1 win teams, this is the team I am banking on to turn it around. The have performed well offensively, in spite of everything. The defense looks bad and still isn't worse in the league in spite of everything. Fully healthy, I see a 3-4 or 4-3 team, even with the mistakes/turnovers/bad tackling. The problem with the 49ers is that they don't have enough good players to survive the mistakes, so when a turnover happens, a missed tackle, etc, it hurts them even more.

Going forward, I'd like to see, no more Kentavious Street picks. We need healthy players that can contribute now. No more questionable players. I get why Kyle wanted Joe Williams, but there's a reason John Lynch had him off the board. He likely could've been had later. We also can't afford to go on without several edge rushers next season. No more bargains. We have a team that is learning as they go. It's frustrating, but I can find the "joy" in this type of struggle. I see things we are better at now than we were 2 years ago. Two or three years ago, our team was unwatchable. Now at least the games look decent, minus that Rams outing. Next year, I'm expecting a winning team. No reason for this team to not be at 8-8 minimum, regardless of who is starting at QB IF we make the right moves this offseason.
This is pretty much a lost season, so we might as well try to trade any players that aren't long term pieces here away. I would be shopping Garcon+Ward+Armstead, to any team that will take them off our hands, and give us ANYTHING as far as a pick goes back. Shedding their salaries, mainly Armsteads 5th year option (next year) that can be guaranteed if he's injured. Armstead is always hurt, and he will be like Ward is for us this year, where he's getting paid WAY TOO much for what he brings to the table. Garcon has been a bust here, and the quicker we trade him, the quicker guys like Bourne and Pettis take his starting reps so we can see what we have in them,

I'm not bashing on Lynch, because he's a new GM and all, but look at his FA signings since taking over as GM. None have been very good, most were over paid, and a bunch of them he gave millions to, only to cut them shortly after. Lynch hasn't been really bad, but he hasn't been very good either. His drafts thus far are incomplete because it's so early, but thus far he's missed more than he has hit, and King Soloman has not been good at all, and that's not what you want to see with the number 3 over all pick.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:

I'm not bashing on Lynch, because he's a new GM and all, but look at his FA signings since taking over as GM. None have been very good, most were over paid, and a bunch of them he gave millions to, only to cut them shortly after.

Say what? I think his splash moves have been solid and for good value. Goodwin is a number 1 and on a reasonable contract. Same for Sherman. Jimmy G is ok too. Juice is the best fullback in the league and will really come alive once the offense is at full strength. Richburg when healthy is a nice player too. Sucks on the injury to Jet. Most of the misses have been on low risk deals low money deals that are coin flips at best.

Tarvarious Moore and Kentavious Street seem like wasted picks also.
3rd and 4th rounders down the tube. Smh.
Originally posted by Niners99:
The "they're missing on their draft picks" narrative is so lazy.

Yes, Solomon Thomas has been a disappointment. But Saleh has been using him totally wrong, and his sister just died. Stamping him as a bust already is unfair.

Nobody making those claims mentions them hitting on McGlinchey, Kittle, Foster, and Warner. Or that weve gotten value from later round picks like Taylor and Colbert. Or that we found an undrafted top tier RB in Breida.

It hasn't even been 1.5 years yet.

At the end of last year, EVERYONE was fired up about where we were. Garoppolo gets hurt in week 3, and people are not only shocked that were bad, but they now think Lynch and Shanahan need to go?

EXCELLENT post Niners99!
Originally posted by BigBug415:

I dont get these picks
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by English:

1) Not getting injured
2) Draft better
3) Get Bosa

And always score more points than the opposing team.

This. I maybe wrong, but according to NFL history when that happens the team usually wins 100 % of the time. Don't quote me on that though could be false.
Originally posted by BigBug415:

But but but arent you glad they traded brown for moore?
Share 49erswebzone