LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

Thoughts after SF vs GB.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
After every incomplete pass receivers raise their arms towards the refs. If a QB is touched in the pocket every fan is looking for a flag. If there is a Ronnie Lott type hit the player can be assured of a hefty fine. The SF-GB was entertaining, the NFL is telling us the higher and closer a score the more fans will stay glued to the game. How do they achieve this? Take Defense out of the game, it's a matter of preservation for the NFL. Violence is being banned because of lawsuits looming and retired players not making it past 50. These are my thoughts after the game.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
After every incomplete pass receivers raise their arms towards the refs. If a QB is touched in the pocket every fan is looking for a flag. If there is a Ronnie Lott type hit the player can be assured of a hefty fine. The SF-GB was entertaining, the NFL is telling us the higher and closer a score the more fans will stay glued to the game. How do they achieve this? Take Defense out of the game, it's a matter of preservation for the NFL. Violence is being banned because of lawsuits looming and retired players not making it past 50. These are my thoughts after the game.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Stud
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Stud:
Marvin has disappeared so I have no problem with someone else doing the "after the game" thoughts.

My thoughts. We blew it. After the kickoff and with the 15 yard penalty against GB, we needed maybe 20 yards to get into field goal range to win the game, and it was a disaster, finished by the interception. That was terrible. Worse of all, it gave Rodgers 1:07 to get GB into field goal range. And that's what happened. This team is a disaster.

I think Marvin has PTSD after JG went down.

That's ok. I always found it weird that one poster had precedence to do these threads and nobody else could. Maybe we can finally move on from the Marvin only threads.
[ Edited by Stud on Oct 20, 2018 at 10:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone