[ Edited by mayo49 on Jun 22, 2018 at 2:15 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
then he threw him under the bus for ck

Such a sad time in Niner history.
Originally posted by Debryune:
Originally posted by cciowa:
then he threw him under the bus for ck

Such a sad time in Niner history.

Not really, Alex wouldn't have done the things that Kaep did to teams like GB and ATL to get us to the SB.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Not really, Alex wouldn't have done the things that Kaep did to teams like GB and ATL to get us to the SB.

Possibly, but I think the way the playcalls changed, and they started doing that crappy read option... I think we wouldn't have fallen behind Bmore in the Superbowl like that, if we were feeding gore, and playing differently. Just my opinion though.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Possibly, but I think the way the playcalls changed, and they started doing that crappy read option... I think we wouldn't have fallen behind Bmore in the Superbowl like that, if we were feeding gore, and playing differently. Just my opinion though.
nope, The first half wasn't read option in that SB. Our Defense was the issue and some help from the Refs on 3rd down for Balt.

No way Smith could comeback like that, and that still stands today
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
nope, The first half wasn't read option in that SB. Our Defense was the issue and some help from the Refs on 3rd down for Balt.

Well I can dream...

But that season Alex was my QB, don't like how they put Kaep in. I wonder if Kaep could have benefited from a longer time on the bench? Or was he doomed to begin with..
[ Edited by Debryune on Jun 25, 2018 at 11:54 AM ]

Well I can dream...

But that season Alex was my QB, don't like how they put Kaep in. I wonder if Kaep could have benefited from a longer time on the bench? Or was he doomed to begin with..
I used to like/believed/hoped in smith till the year before in the 2nd half of the NFCCG vs the giants.

i think the fame got to Kaep. After he got a big head..he thought he can just show up and not put in the extra effort (from my POV)
I used to like/believed/hoped in smith till the year before in the 2nd half of the NFCCG vs the giants.

i think the fame got to Kaep. After he got a big head..he thought he can just show up and not put in the extra effort (from my POV)

That NFCCG against the Giants sucked, but it exposed our entire offense not just smith. As far as Kaep, not even sure what happened. He did try to work with Warner, and it improved a few things while ruining others. Perhaps if sat longer on the bench instead of coming in and running a 70% RO offfense he could have developed better. Who knows with him, he was pretty stubborn late though.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

That face you make when you realized that you kneeled yourself out of a potential contract.

But then turn around and whine about not getting offers even though you were offered.

That NFCCG against the Giants sucked, but it exposed our entire offense not just smith. As far as Kaep, not even sure what happened. He did try to work with Warner, and it improved a few things while ruining others. Perhaps if sat longer on the bench instead of coming in and running a 70% RO offfense he could have developed better. Who knows with him, he was pretty stubborn late though.
i don't remember seeing a 70% majority of the RO, i do remember seeing it more when the playoffs rolled around for 2012 and 2013. Once playoffs came it was win by any means necessary.

That Warner thing was just too late. he should have done that a lot sooner
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jun 25, 2018 at 12:21 PM ]
i don't remember seeing a 70% majority of the RO, i do remember seeing it more when the playoffs rolled around for 2012 and 2013. Once playoffs came it was win by any means necessary.

Maybe my memory is off, It just seemed like we were doing RO to death back then even when it wasn't working. Well true about the warner thing, but didn't he also only do it for like 6 weeks? That wasn't enough work to get it down long term IMO.

Maybe my memory is off, It just seemed like we were doing RO to death back then even when it wasn't working. Well true about the warner thing, but didn't he also only do it for like 6 weeks? That wasn't enough work to get it down long term IMO.
i'm just glad we have a true pocket QB that can make plays with his arm. Just need to protect him now
i'm just glad we have a true pocket QB that can make plays with his arm. Just need to protect him now

Yes, It'll be nice to have a rare scramble, vs. a high percentage it's going to happen every play. Let's hope he can cut down those INT's and almost INT's and lead us to glory!
Mayo you fudging slacker!

30 days away y'all!
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jun 25, 2018 at 3:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone