LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 172 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great breakdowns from a DB expert.

Originally posted by NCommand:

• thl408
Get his ass in there over Ward against the 1s. If he gets burned, he gets burned. Let him learn. He's the future.
Impressed by his patience and ability to stay square at the LOS. A lot of CBs struggle with that in this scheme, but it seems to come naturally to Moore.
Originally posted by thl408:
Get his ass in there over Ward against the 1s. If he gets burned, he gets burned. Let him learn. He's the future.

Agreed, Sherman will probably play some, though I doubt he gets the amount of reps the rest of the 1's do, but when he comes out I agree with Moore over Ward.

He couldn't do any worse than Ward so far:

Jimmie Ward:
Week 1: Gallup 30-yard TD

Week 1: Hurns 13-yard slant on 3rd and 4

Week 2: Ellington 7 yards on 3rd and 5 (combo)

Week 2: Ellington drop pass

Week 2: Coates 15-yard catch sideline

Week 2: Coates 8 yards on 3rd and 6

Total: 6 targets, 5 catches, 73 yards, 1 TD
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 22, 2018 at 4:48 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran

He couldn't do any worse than Ward so far:

Jimmie Ward:
Week 1: Gallup 30-yard TD

Week 1: Hurns 13-yard slant on 3rd and 4

Week 2: Ellington 7 yards on 3rd and 5 (combo)

Week 2: Ellington drop pass

Week 2: Coates 15-yard catch sideline

Week 2: Coates 8 yards on 3rd and 6

Total: 6 targets, 5 catches, 73 yards, 1 TD

Opposing QB's are putting up a near perfect 156.94 QB rating against his coverage....

Hot damn, I've been watching him through two games and I didn't think he allowed a catch his athletic ability, speed and length is crazy...learning from Sherm is a bonus
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hot damn, I've been watching him through two games and I didn't think he allowed a catch his athletic ability, speed and length is crazy...learning from Sherm is a bonus

I'm really excited for him. He's much further ahead than I'd expect at this stage esp. for a big position switch and scheme change.
Originally posted by jcs:
Opposing QB's are putting up a near perfect 156.94 QB rating against his coverage....

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by jcs:

Dontae Johnson...Jimmie Ward. What's the difference? I remember Salah talking about getting certain packages just to get Ward on the field. WTF?

How about we cut our f**king losses and let the future of this team get the reps now and have a real opportunity to make the 53. Lynch was loving Emmanuel Moseley too. We know how much we paid to land Tarvarus McFadden too. I don't want to lose players like that for Ward's salary mistake .
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 22, 2018 at 8:13 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'm really excited for him. He's much further ahead than I'd expect at this stage esp. for a big position switch and scheme change.

Looking very natural. Reminds me of a freakier and smarter IMO Culliver.
  • thl408
Got toasted on this play. Just some growing pains for Moore. Italics are from this article.
https://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/09/the_art_of_defending_the_deep_ball_how_one_of_footballs_most_stressful_situations_is_getting_even_to.html
Bump and run

Landry said defensive backs are always taught to never look back for the ball until they are "in phase" with a receiver – basically running next to him, hip-to-hip.
Moore is not in phase with the WR and is looking back for the ball. Moore's primary concern right now should be using his speed to recover and get hip to hip.

What if a defensive back gets beat, and trails his receiver? In this situation – "out of phase" – the defensive back must look at the receiver's hands. When he sticks them out to catch the ball, the defensive back has to jab his own hand ahead to disrupt the play.

The moment he looks up for the ball, he gives up separation. Can't run fastest when head is turned.
Dontae Johnson...Jimmie Ward. What's the difference? I remember Salah talking about getting certain packages just to get Ward on the field. WTF?

How about we cut our f**king losses and let the future of this team get the reps now and have a real opportunity to make the 53. Lynch was loving Emmanuel Moseley too. We know how much we paid to land Tarvarus McFadden too. I don't want to lose players like that for Ward's salary mistake .

I cannot understand how Ward and his brittle body keeps getting a pass by 49ers brass, yet Garnett misses a week or two and gets called out by Shanny in a presser. Doesn't make sense. Does this guy have compromising pictures of a decision maker or something?

Sadly, at this point, i think the only reason why jimmie is still getting reps with the 1's or even still on the team, is because of his 8.5M fully guaranteed tag. Imagine if lynch and kyle let him go? All the internet GM's would go crazy lol saying we could've used that money to get Dez or something dumb. I honestly dont blame kyle and lynch picking up that 5th year option, no one knew colbert would perform as well as he has been. But i do agree with you with Moore, he's gonna be on the team next year so we should be giving him more reps to gain experience.
[ Edited by 49erJay on Aug 29, 2018 at 1:55 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone