LISTEN: 49ers Draft Hits And Misses With ESPN's Matt Miller →

There are 142 users in the forums

49ers take Tarvarius Moore-DB-Southern Mississippi

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Where he at?
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
While a CB is a much more impactful position I thought this kid could play single-high FS for us. I just don't see Reed as a FS and Colbert has been underwhelming thus far.

It's seems like they love taking guys away from the positions they were good at in college and moving them to a totally different position

Yep this needs to stop

yeah but they want tall CBs. Moore is like 6'2. Reed is tiny.

Reed is here to stay though. He's much better suited for slot or outside corner and is a legit KR.
Can we give this kid a shot at FS? Ya know the position he played in college
Still waiting...

Or at the very least get him out there taking snaps at CB
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Reed is here to stay though. He's much better suited for slot or outside corner and is a legit KR.

The scary part is he's had to come in several times already to play the slot because Williams always gets nicked up too. And same concept at FS. Can he play two positions at once? Haha
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Still waiting...

His athletic ability is crazy...but we'd rather play Reed at a position he's never played. we'd rather put Mabin out there. We'd rather throw Exum out there

Blasphemy!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Blasphemy!

Right! God forbid
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Still waiting...

His athletic ability is crazy...but we'd rather play Reed at a position he's never played. we'd rather put Mabin out there. We'd rather throw Exum out there

Exum is a SS. Moore is a backup CB. What you talking about Willis?

hope this guy can get some snaps soon.
Maybe he sucks in practice. Does he even know what to do out there? There must be a reason he hasn't been thrown out there yet.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
hope this guy can get some snaps soon.

that's what I'm saying. Third round picks should see some action. Warner was thrown into the fire right away.
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/120245-transcript-shanahan-excited-dante-pettis-discusses-production-receivers/

How is DB Tarvarius Moore doing? Has there been any internal thought about trying him back at safety?

"I know that he has experience at safety. But, no he's been doing a good job at corner for us. He's gotten better each day since going back to when he got here. He's been helping us out a lot on special teams. He's been playing at a pretty high level there, just showing his toughness. You're getting a guy who can hit, but also a guy who can run and has length. We like a lot how he's coming along at corner. I think it's a matter of time before he'll be helping us at that position this year."

Do you think maybe at some point in the second half of the season you'll throw him in there to see what he has?

"He has a chance to. He's earning that. It depends on how the other guys are doing and how he's doing. But, he's definitely taking steps towards that."

Sounds like we should expect Moore to start getting CB snaps very, very soon. "It depends on how the other guys are doing" -- Uh. Yeah. With the suckage Mabin has displayed on a weekly basis now, that is great news. Counting pre-season, it'll be just a few weeks before Moore has 3 months experience under his belt. Hoping to see Moore very very soon. I pray that by next season he's the #2 CB behind Sherman. Witherspoon can be traded or kept as a #4 CB on a cheap deal, depending on who we add in the off-season, and we can look for upgrades at safety and pass-rush if things work out like this.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 24, 2018 at 3:17 PM ]

what the hell is wrong with these people put them at their original positions, changes like this rarely ever work
Share 49ersWebzone