LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Which Player Would You Trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Player Would You Trade?

I have a gut feeling that one of these three will be moved for an extra pick or part of a trade. My guess is Armstead.
Wouldn't trade Brown. The other two aren't worth much in my opinion.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I would deal all 3, it I'm guessing only Brown has any value
Armstead is a backup DT who is probably worth a 4th
Ward is a pretty good player, but he is never healthy, has not really proven himself at any one position and is making 8m this season ( near the higher end for a Safety)
Brown on the other hand is a very good young tackle and there already no other high end tackles in FA or the draft. I'm thinking Brown and our #2 might get us back into the top of rd 2 or bottom of rd 1
[ Edited by fip24 on Mar 6, 2018 at 9:00 PM ]
Lol
Why on earth would we even consider trading Trent Brown? Do what you want with the rest of them.
Originally posted by Draftology:
Why on earth would we even consider trading Trent Brown? Do what you want with the rest of them.

Cause we need a OT that fits Shannahans zone run scheme its obviously more important than keeping our franchise QB upright duhh
the whole team. Let's start from scratch.
Nooo way to Brown, the staff obviously likes him and I think he can slide over to LT when Staley is done,

Armstead yes he can go, he's still young and talented so he might have so sort of value but who knows bc he's always injured

Ward yes he can go bc of Colbert but he is going to restructure or get cut bc a team won't take on his 8 million and Lynch will see he's not worth his 5th yr option considering he's not starting and injury prone. Which I take a loss for too bc I thought he was going to be great lol
[ Edited by jersey49er on Mar 7, 2018 at 12:25 AM ]
Originally posted by fip24:
Ward is a pretty good player, but he is never healthy, has not really proven himself at any one position and is making 8m this season ( near the higher end for a Safety)
Brown on the other hand is a very good young tackle and there already no other high end tackles in FA or the draft. I'm thinking Brown and our #2 might get us back into the top of rd 2 or bottom of rd 1

This Brown business is getting to me. Trade him and guess what? We would need to find a decent starting RT. So why do it?
Originally posted by English:

This Brown business is getting to me. Trade him and guess what? We would need to find a decent starting RT. So why do it?

I agree, can we enjoy 2 anchors for a couple more years please..

Finding good tackles are very hard to do. But remember, this is niner talk!!!!!!

all true.
As for AA, he is my surprise player of the yr. Comeback potential player of the yr for the 9ers. I realize I could be 180 degrees wrong here. Maybe I just want that first rd pick to be worth it, but I just have a feeling he comes back healthy and with our awesome DL (it really is the strength of the team at present)....I could see AA having a great yr. But I have a feeling that will be known sometime during OTAs, TC , or PS. We know before the season starts. IF, IF he could get over the hump, man would that DL be something. But if you are asking would I rather have him or Vita...well, Vita of course.
Was honestly thinking that the talks with Denver's Talib, was a trade that included AA. Helps both teams, young player for their front line, and a CB that we needed. Rams are building a tough secondary with this trade.

Id still say that AA gets moved during the draft to move up some spots or an additional pick

Because he is nearing the end of his rookie contracts. Nit picking is warranted when the big bucks are about to kick in. You are right though, it sure seems like a lot of people just want to dump him. Fortunately, none of us nobodies will be making that call.
Share 49ersWebzone