LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 122 users in the forums

Which Player Would You Trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Player Would You Trade?

• jcs
  • Veteran
Only guy of the three with any real value is Brown.
Yes another homer thread overating wack talent. Keep Brown and you can trade the other 2 for 5th rounders
For now I would keep Brown. AA and Ward to me are expendable. IF we could get value for either, then I would trade them. Ward to me I would like to see brought back at a reduced rate on a 2-3 year deal, but if he won't take a pay cut, then I would just cut him and use that 8 million else where. No point in paying Ward 8 million, even if we have the money, when Colbert might be the better option in this scheme. AA to me could be good depth for us, but if we got a good offer, I would be willing to move him.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
As for AA, he is my surprise player of the yr. Comeback potential player of the yr for the 9ers. I realize I could be 180 degrees wrong here. Maybe I just want that first rd pick to be worth it, but I just have a feeling he comes back healthy and with our awesome DL (it really is the strength of the team at present)....I could see AA having a great yr. But I have a feeling that will be known sometime during OTAs, TC , or PS. We know before the season starts. IF, IF he could get over the hump, man would that DL be something. But if you are asking would I rather have him or Vita...well, Vita of course.

Nice story but really? I think if someone offers a trade down swap with aa we consider it if theres a real player waiting on the other end. But no myles garret in this draft so unlikely.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
For now I would keep Brown. AA and Ward to me are expendable. IF we could get value for either, then I would trade them. Ward to me I would like to see brought back at a reduced rate on a 2-3 year deal, but if he won't take a pay cut, then I would just cut him and use that 8 million else where. No point in paying Ward 8 million, even if we have the money, when Colbert might be the better option in this scheme. AA to me could be good depth for us, but if we got a good offer, I would be willing to move him.

Nobody trade for ward since we will cut him. No need to give up anything for the fracture king.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
As for AA, he is my surprise player of the yr. Comeback potential player of the yr for the 9ers. I realize I could be 180 degrees wrong here. Maybe I just want that first rd pick to be worth it, but I just have a feeling he comes back healthy and with our awesome DL (it really is the strength of the team at present)....I could see AA having a great yr. But I have a feeling that will be known sometime during OTAs, TC , or PS. We know before the season starts. IF, IF he could get over the hump, man would that DL be something. But if you are asking would I rather have him or Vita...well, Vita of course.

Could see this happening but his play will not be exciting so many will still bash him. He's a power DL who pushes the LOS and the pocket but does not have the speed to track down a R Wilson or another mobile QB. Last year he helped close the running gaps and the D shot up in that area (against the run). That's my expectation for him this year--dominate the LOS to shut off the run, push the pocket so the speedier pass rushers can flush and/or trap the QB.
I would not trade Brown at all. I don't even understand that one. While I am not high on AA, I think he has good value as a backup. Let him backup Buckner. Jimmy Ward is the one that would have to go. High salary, we already have a slot corner. I'd play him at FS, but eh. Problem is, what could you possibly get for Jimmy Ward?
Share 49ersWebzone