There are 190 users in the forums

PRIMETIME GAME YOU'D MOST LIKE NEXT SEASON (ROAD GAMES)

Shop Find 49ers gear online ⇨

PRIMETIME GAME YOU'D MOST LIKE NEXT SEASON (ROAD GAMES)

Same as the other poll, just for the away games. My ratings for each matchup:

•AZ: ⭐️ still meh
•LAR: ⭐️1/2 LA Coliseum doesn't allow night games during USC season; maybe a late season flex if it's for NFCW 1st place
•SEA: ⭐️⭐️ be nice to finally beat them in that artificial noise

•GB: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jimmy G vs Aaron Rodgers
•KC: ⭐️⭐️⭐️ Jimmy G vs Alex (?)
•LAC: 🚫 that soccer stadium isn't hosting a primetime game lol
•MIN: ⭐️⭐️ tough road test
•TB: ⭐️ only benefit would be avoiding FL heat early in the season
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Dec 27, 2017 at 7:58 AM ]
idk
Road games are tougher and I prefer wins, especially on prime time. So I pick the worst team. Arizona?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Road games are tougher and I prefer wins, especially on prime time. So I pick the worst team. Arizona?

If we're using that logic, I'd prefer TB. West Coast teams are theoretically "fresher" in night games vs an east coast team, since the WC players' bodies still thinks it's 5pm at kickoff vs 8pm for an EC player, and progresses as the game goes along. Plus, as I said if it's in Sept/Oct, if rather play in TB at night vs the Florida afternoon heat
Alex Smith won't be the starter next year in KC, so that gets bumped down the list.

To me it's clearly Green Bay or the LA Rams games. Jimmy GQ vs Rodgers probably has the NFL front office guys hyped up. Wouldn't be surprised if that's a Monday night matchup.
I'll take Minnesota since I'm planning on being there.
Our schedule is certainly not going to be easy next season. Green Bay and Vikings on the road will be a b***h. Lots of very talented defenses and teams who may rebound from crap years this season.

No question if we manage to make the playoffs next year it will be well earned.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I chose Seattle. Haven't won their since 2011 and we have JG now.
  • thl408
Bring on that Vikings defense.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Alex Smith won't be the starter next year in KC, so that gets bumped down the list.

To me it's clearly Green Bay or the LA Rams games. Jimmy GQ vs Rodgers probably has the NFL front office guys hyped up. Wouldn't be surprised if that's a Monday night matchup.

MNF isn't the marquee primetime game anymore (hasn't been so since 2006 when NBC got SNF). Even Gruden is looking to leave the broadcast booth per rumors...

Garoppolo vs. Rodgers would be great.

Weird fact: Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers have only faced eachother as starters once, ever.
Tampa if Gruden somehow comes back
Originally posted by Niners99:
Garoppolo vs. Rodgers would be great.

Weird fact: Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers have only faced eachother as starters once, ever.

Same thing with Montana & Aikman...they only met once in 1990

Montana & Favre could've matched up in '93, but Joe was hurt & Dave Krieg started for KC

Scheduling and interconference matchups were different & harder back then tho
I'll be @ the Packers game, so hoping that's a night game, preferably early season.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I'll be @ the Packers game, so hoping that's a night game, preferably early season.

When was the last time the Packers play a regular season game AT San Francisco??? We always play in Green Bay.
Share 49erswebzone