LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 342 users in the forums

After 4 weeks 49ers lead NFL in dropped passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
When you have a so called offensive genius hc and you can't score 1 TD in 3 of the 4 games you don't deserve to win games. Shanny has been very disappointing thus far, i expected a much improved offense. Right now chip's offense >>> shannys offense .

when he is not yelling at officials. which of course endures him to a certain segment of the zone who already think the refs are against us.. he is making questionable calls. him accepting the penalty in over time and the dc going soft cost the team the cards game. so yes. coaching has been very disappointing. as evidenced by the fact we are among the nfl leaders in penalties. at least chips offense with gabbert could score touchdowns,. when you compare that with this putrid display of offense from a so called genius and hoyer who we were told would have a good season cuz he always does when he is with said genius.. well i just do not know
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
So we had no chance at all to win those games ?

If we could have, we would have. it is foolish to set there and say we should be 3-1 like that is supposed to be some sort of a bone we gnaw on to make us feel better and to give us hope.

answer his question. yes or no?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by jcs:
Taylor has also commited a few game changing errors that Kerley woudn't have...

Kerley could have also supplanted Goodwin last week and not failed half as bad as Robinson just did...

Both of these are opinionated and not factual and irrelevant to what this team is looking to do.
Did Taylor make back to back PI calls that both effected a game ending drive or have an impact on the score of a game? They were rookie mistakes unless you think he's already playing at a veteran level and as you stated later Kerley is not a rookie and in fairness to him probably doesn't make the same rookie mistakes...

Robinson caught 3 of the 12 passes thrown his way...that's a 25% catch percentage of the passes thrown his way.

Here are Kerley's career numbers

and this whole woulda coulda shoulda crap where we could be 3-1 is pure fantasy. in my opinion. we are not good enough to be 3-1. winning teams do what it takes to actually win those games., and sorry but the coaches esp the dc allowed the team to lose the game vs the cardinals. to many people are hiding behind scheme excuses. this team does not do the fundamental things well at all. thus all of the penalties every game. and spare me its cuz we are young. you got vets making those mistakes. bristle if you want. but coaches need to up their game along with the players

When you have a so called offensive genius hc and you can't score 1 TD in 3 of the 4 games you don't deserve to win games. Shanny has been very disappointing thus far, i expected a much improved offense. Right now chip's offense >>> shannys offense .

On a positive note, that says a lot about how dominating our Defense will be or how good they have played.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Then you could choose not to listen but there is a load of truth in that statement. They opted to keep the young guys and to develop them as opposed to keeping a 29 year old WR. They are playing for the future and not the present given we are not a contender. And to that you will respond with "but so many said we were going to win x amount of games". Look at this communities PYMWYMI thread, a lot more people believed us to win 6 or fewer games than those who thought we were a 7 win or better club. And we have lost 2 games we could have won had it not been for poor execution and or lack of better talent. Right now it is about rebuilding from the ground up to re-establish a long term winning franchise and culture again, something that takes time and patience to do again whether you like hearing that rhetoric or not it's a verifiable truth. You don't rebuild a dynasty from scratch in one offseason or two in the NFL. That better talent is going to be slowly acquired, allowing them to find the guys who fit the schematic vision and the cultural vision of this regime.

Aldrick Robinson - 29 years old. Pierre Garcon - 31 years old. Marquise Goodwin - 26 years old.

Guess how old Kerley is today...28 years old...how was he old and washed-up up again?

I mean I guess it was important to keep our undrafted WR's because they've been amazing so far...can you post the reception totals for Bourne and Boldin so far?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Joecool:
and this whole woulda coulda shoulda crap where we could be 3-1 is pure fantasy. in my opinion. we are not good enough to be 3-1. winning teams do what it takes to actually win those games., and sorry but the coaches esp the dc allowed the team to lose the game vs the cardinals. to many people are hiding behind scheme excuses. this team does not do the fundamental things well at all. thus all of the penalties every game. and spare me its cuz we are young. you got vets making those mistakes. bristle if you want. but coaches need to up their game along with the players

On a positive note, that says a lot about how dominating our Defense will be or how good they have played.

Yes they have played better but they need to when you have like 6 first round picks on defense.

Yes they have played better but they need to when you have like 6 first round picks on defense.

Two of them are injured.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Two of them are injured.

and one of them is a bust

(AA)
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Two of them are injured.

and one of them is a bust

(AA)

Five out of six ain't so bad?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Aldrick Robinson - 29 years old. Pierre Garcon - 31 years old. Marquise Goodwin - 26 years old.

Guess how old Kerley is today...28 years old...how was he old and washed-up up again?

I mean I guess it was important to keep our undrafted WR's because they've been amazing so far...can you post the reception totals for Bourne and Boldin so far?

Kerleys strength is as a slot guy not on the outside.

• jcs
  • Veteran

And we can only have one slot receiver on the team?

ur asking the wrong guy
  • evil
  • Veteran

No but we have guys who can play both inside and out. Guys this staff obviously liked a little better than Kerley.

Kerley being here does not necessarily equate to more wins. We could still be 0-4.
Keeping Kerley would mean fewer opportunities for Trent Taylor right now as Jeremy's strength is as a slot receiver. Taylor has but one drop and has produced just as much as Kerley has this season in the pass game. Also keeping Kerley might have kept TT off the active 46 which would mean someone else returning punts, and Taylor has been pretty good back there so far and also moreproductive as a PR than Kerley has been this year.

This. Kerley is a career slot receiver who had absolutely no future with this team. I'd far rather Taylor take his lumps and develop as he does figure into be a key contributor on both offense and special teams.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Keeping Kerley would mean fewer opportunities for Trent Taylor right now as Jeremy's strength is as a slot receiver. Taylor has but one drop and has produced just as much as Kerley has this season in the pass game. Also keeping Kerley might have kept TT off the active 46 which would mean someone else returning punts, and Taylor has been pretty good back there so far and also moreproductive as a PR than Kerley has been this year.

This. Kerley is a career slot receiver who had absolutely no future with this team. I'd far rather Taylor take his lumps and develop as he does figure into be a key contributor on both offense and special teams.

You know who barely contributes to the offense and special teams?

It's the guy who took Kerley's roster spot...Bourne.
Share 49ersWebzone