LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 236 users in the forums

After 4 weeks 49ers lead NFL in dropped passes

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Shanahan's fault, obviously!
The coaches teach them how to catch, so maybe it is their fault.
[ Edited by AlexCat49er on Oct 6, 2017 at 9:45 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:

for years we have had a team that is full of wide outs who can not catch and lineman who can not pass block. in the day we would rip the wide out coaches,. as the cat said.. sure the players are messing up but maybe we have to look at the coaching they are getting. i know it is unlawful to question the coaching around here in some quarters but the denial and deflection thing is tiresome
Sounds about right. Poor from top to bottom.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Taylor has also commited a few game changing errors that Kerley woudn't have...

Kerley could have also supplanted Goodwin last week and not failed half as bad as Robinson just did...

Both of these are opinionated and not factual and irrelevant to what this team is looking to do.

Originally posted by cciowa:
see, this is what i mean,. what would have been so tragic about the way jcs layed it out. its not like kerley had a poor attitude or bad camp

Keep Kerley then you cut one of Bolden or Bourne and risk losing them to a waiver claim.

me to, lead the nfl in dropped passes. penalties and as many have said. its not just the young kids making errors . i do not care how the young the team is. you expect more from them now , the more they play the game. this is not high school. if we are allegedly the best 0-4 team in the nfl then we should walk away with a convincing win sunday.. there is no excuse for this pathetic offense and i do not want to hear lectures about.. he big picture and he forest through the trees.. little things make up the big things. and we are not all doing the little things. big players make big plays and we have none of them. the players we did have like kerley and brooks got cut for players who are unwilling or unable to make plays

Then you could choose not to listen but there is a load of truth in that statement. They opted to keep the young guys and to develop them as opposed to keeping a 29 year old WR. They are playing for the future and not the present given we are not a contender. And to that you will respond with "but so many said we were going to win x amount of games". Look at this communities PYMWYMI thread, a lot more people believed us to win 6 or fewer games than those who thought we were a 7 win or better club. And we have lost 2 games we could have won had it not been for poor execution and or lack of better talent. Right now it is about rebuilding from the ground up to re-establish a long term winning franchise and culture again, something that takes time and patience to do again whether you like hearing that rhetoric or not it's a verifiable truth. You don't rebuild a dynasty from scratch in one offseason or two in the NFL. That better talent is going to be slowly acquired, allowing them to find the guys who fit the schematic vision and the cultural vision of this regime.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by jcs:
Taylor has also commited a few game changing errors that Kerley woudn't have...

Kerley could have also supplanted Goodwin last week and not failed half as bad as Robinson just did...

Both of these are opinionated and not factual and irrelevant to what this team is looking to do.

see, this is what i mean,. what would have been so tragic about the way jcs layed it out. its not like kerley had a poor attitude or bad camp

Keep Kerley then you cut one of Bolden or Bourne and risk losing them to a waiver claim.

me to, lead the nfl in dropped passes. penalties and as many have said. its not just the young kids making errors . i do not care how the young the team is. you expect more from them now , the more they play the game. this is not high school. if we are allegedly the best 0-4 team in the nfl then we should walk away with a convincing win sunday.. there is no excuse for this pathetic offense and i do not want to hear lectures about.. he big picture and he forest through the trees.. little things make up the big things. and we are not all doing the little things. big players make big plays and we have none of them. the players we did have like kerley and brooks got cut for players who are unwilling or unable to make plays

Then you could choose not to listen but there is a load of truth in that statement. They opted to keep the young guys and to develop them as opposed to keeping a 29 year old WR. They are playing for the future and not the present given we are not a contender. And to that you will respond with "but so many said we were going to win x amount of games". Look at this communities PYMWYMI thread, a lot more people believed us to win 6 or fewer games than those who thought we were a 7 win or better club. And we have lost 2 games we could have won had it not been for poor execution and or lack of better talent. Right now it is about rebuilding from the ground up to re-establish a long term winning franchise and culture again, something that takes time and patience to do again whether you like hearing that rhetoric or not it's a verifiable truth. You don't rebuild a dynasty from scratch in one offseason or two in the NFL. That better talent is going to be slowly acquired, allowing them to find the guys who fit the schematic vision and the cultural vision of this regime.
idk how all of a sudden expectations got so high for the people who predicted an abysmal year
Originally posted by AlexCat49er:

lol
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Does that count RR dropped Ints.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
and this whole woulda coulda shoulda crap where we could be 3-1 is pure fantasy. in my opinion. we are not good enough to be 3-1. winning teams do what it takes to actually win those games., and sorry but the coaches esp the dc allowed the team to lose the game vs the cardinals. to many people are hiding behind scheme excuses. this team does not do the fundamental things well at all. thus all of the penalties every game. and spare me its cuz we are young. you got vets making those mistakes. bristle if you want. but coaches need to up their game along with the players
and this whole woulda coulda shoulda crap where we could be 3-1 is pure fantasy. in my opinion. we are not good enough to be 3-1. winning teams do what it takes to actually win those games., and sorry but the coaches esp the dc allowed the team to lose the game vs the cardinals. to many people are hiding behind scheme excuses. this team does not do the fundamental things well at all. thus all of the penalties every game. and spare me its cuz we are young. you got vets making those mistakes. bristle if you want. but coaches need to up their game along with the players
So we had no chance at all to win those games ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Oct 6, 2017 at 11:39 AM ]

Before this season began, I knew we weren't winning anything. Therefore, my main concern this year wasn't the W-L column but how the team functions and plays together.

So far, I've seen both competitiveness and dumb mistakes, but overall I feel better about the future than when Chip and Tomsula were here.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

When you have a so called offensive genius hc and you can't score 1 TD in 3 of the 4 games you don't deserve to win games. Shanny has been very disappointing thus far, i expected a much improved offense. Right now chip's offense >>> shannys offense .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

If we could have, we would have. it is foolish to set there and say we should be 3-1 like that is supposed to be some sort of a bone we gnaw on to make us feel better and to give us hope.
Originally posted by susweel:
chip's offense >>> shannys offense .

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

If we could have, we would have. it is foolish to set there and say we should be 3-1 like that is supposed to be some sort of a bone we gnaw on to make us feel better and to give us hope.
Share 49ersWebzone