LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Fire __________, the Niners suck!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I will be the first to admit that I was really negative about our Niners performance tonight and left the bar at the end of the 3rd quarter. Too early to be sure. Our offense, defense and special teams have been maddeningly inconsistent for the first 3 games of this rebuild season. Should Shanny, Saleh or any other coach be fired over this start? My answer is HELL NO!

This team has 17 players who played on other teams last year and 15 rookies. This team showed some great potential in all three phases so far. I think we should be patient with the coaching staff and let them continue to mold a team that is more consistent. Your thoughts........
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Baalke again, for giving us such a worthless roster to begin with.
Fire the talent evaluators and the scouts, because clearly, their draft boards are f**king trash.

3 first round picks on the DL. Zero pass rush. Against a Rams OL that probably ain't even top 10. Made Goff look like a Hall of Famer.
Jed should fire himself
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Fire the talent evaluators and the scouts, because clearly, their draft boards are f**king trash.

3 first round picks on the DL. Zero pass rush. Against a Rams OL that probably ain't even top 10. Made Goff look like a Hall of Famer.

Yep and you will have to include Lynch and Shanahan too since they both pounded the table for Solomon Thomas when we all knew the guy sucked.

This I think we need to question some of the scouting. The new guys in offense look good. Defense other than Ruben not so much
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
_the refs into the sun_
Fan reactions like this is why we cant have nice things.

Shanalynch could go 8-24 in 2017-18 and they wont get fired.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Rascal:

Yep and you will have to include Lynch and Shanahan too since they both pounded the table for Solomon Thomas when we all knew the guy sucked.

How do you know he sucks when he's not getting used? Dude did a better job at sealing the edge than AA ever did.
They are still learning how to coach. We are just a bad team right now because they haven't figured out a style that fits the talent yet. I prefer this to the occasional boneheaded drive killing plays roman used to call like end a rounds to ted ginn on your own 15 or throwing fades to Crabtree instead of pounding it in to the end zone.

We just need to call plays similar to the second half once we get into a rhythm pounding the rock with Hyde and Breida on offense and not play so much soft zone on defense. They also need to let Robinson and dj backpedal and play the ball like they did in college. Bowman can't be put into space and needs to play closer to the line of scrimmage. You do these things we would have won all 3 games already regardless of the poor qb play.

As long as they don't try to redefine basic play calling and just add in their own wrinkles they will be successful. It's when you try to do exotic "cute" plays like the read option all the time you end up killing drives. Run standard plays with some folds and let your players beat their players. Don't reinvent the wheel.

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I will be the first to admit that I was really negative about our Niners performance tonight and left the bar at the end of the 3rd quarter. Too early to be sure. Our offense, defense and special teams have been maddeningly inconsistent for the first 3 games of this rebuild season. Should Shanny, Saleh or any other coach be fired over this start? My answer is HELL NO!

This team has 17 players who played on other teams last year and 15 rookies. This team showed some great potential in all three phases so far. I think we should be patient with the coaching staff and let them continue to mold a team that is more consistent. Your thoughts........

Like the post, for a second there thought this was going to be a fire everyone kinda post. Agreed with the potential in all three phases, this coaching staff is just scratching the surface of what this team can potentially be.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheNef77:

How do you know he sucks when he's not getting used? Dude did a better job at sealing the edge than AA ever did.

I have watched him in every single game from preseason till now. Totally useless when it comes to rushing the passer. Slow and got no push. And people were saying he was supposed to be strong?! To the average Joe yes, but to even an average O-lineman no problem, piece of cake!!
I get mad bc the team can win these games but then remind my self it will only get better..the Key Word is rebuild and so far no matter what it's looking like in a couple yrs and team will be legit, these kids are playing hard and have talent but keep coming up short, let's be real a good QB not even great wins the last 2 games..I'm looking at this on the plus side, THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT..
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Member Milestone: This is post number 900 for TheNef77.

I have watched him in every single game from preseason till now. Totally useless when it comes to rushing the passer. Slow and got no push. And people were saying he was supposed to be strong?! To the average Joe yes, but to even an average O-lineman no problem, piece of cake!!

Well blame the Rams then. We would've had Myles Garrett and Foster if they didn't suck so bad last year.
Well blame the Rams then. We would've had Myles Garrett and Foster if they didn't suck so bad last year.

that was Kap's fault.

He singlehandedly set this franchise back 4 years by not letting us get Garrett. Maybe we deserve it.
Share 49ersWebzone