There are 333 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2017 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by jonnydel:

Watch how quickly he works this progression and fires it in before the LB.... good grief it's so fun to watch
lol beat you by 1 minute. Yes this was a nice play, even though it was simple. You think he red lighted the Stick concept then went slant-flat. I think he knew he was going slant-flat the whole time and was looking to Sticks as a way of freezing the boundary Hook defender. Both ways sounds right imo, but only Jimmy knows.

But wait guys.......remember noted X's and O's guru Grant Cohn says the ONLY way to attack Cover 3 is "all verts" and "Y stick N Nod"
Originally posted by Niners816:

Watch how quickly he works this progression and fires it in before the LB.... good grief it's so fun to watch
lol beat you by 1 minute. Yes this was a nice play, even though it was simple. You think he red lighted the Stick concept then went slant-flat. I think he knew he was going slant-flat the whole time and was looking to Sticks as a way of freezing the boundary Hook defender. Both ways sounds right imo, but only Jimmy knows.

But wait guys.......remember noted X's and O's guru Grant Cohn says the ONLY way to attack Cover 3 is "all verts" and "Y stick N Nod"
I wish that guy would just go far away. Although I have not clicked on his click-bait articles for years, every time I see his name I still cringe. Simply feel sorry for him now. Something is clearly wrong with the guy. Good riddance.
Originally posted by 9erguy:
I wish that guy would just go far away. Although I have not clicked on his click-bait articles for years, every time I see his name I still cringe. Simply feel sorry for him now. Something is clearly wrong with the guy. Good riddance.

Yeah....he's an idiot. I referring to an article he wrote during the early part of the season trying to tell Kyle how to attack the Cover 3. Because you know, he's have no clue....it's not like his team runs it or he shredded in the playoffs last year. Also, there's several concepts that work vs Cover 3.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:

How he gets that ball out accurately while being hit like that is beyond me. He must be using a cheat code.

Very impressive...Zane Beadles less so.
  • thl408
This was a nice play design and shows the amount of trust that Jimmy has in how the play is drawn up. Kittle's route is designed to occupy the red Hook defender so that Murphy's (18) Dig can attack that area. It's kind of a modified Dagger concept. Still a three level high-low, but it attacks the weakside Hook, not the strongside Hook.
vs Cover3

JAC often incorporates pattern matching into their coverage call. Knowing this, Kyle can use it to his advantage. Kittle runs right by red to attract his eyes. Murphy must quickly get behind the field Hook defender, then start his break. He must get behind that Hook defender.

In this pic, JG is just about done with his throwing motion and the ball is about to leave his fingers. The red Hook is directly in the area where JG is targeting Murphy. But the trust that JG has in the play design allows him to throw this with confidence. Kittle will remove that red Hook defender. Brieda flashing out of the backfield also helps to hold the purple Hook defender.

+17. Compare where the red Hook player is at the time JG released the ball to where Murphy caught the ball. It's the same area, yet JG knows that the red defender won't be there by the time the pass arrives. That's trust in the play design.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
And should be a rare exception. I don't look at this with appreciation at all. The team MUST do something about the OL this off-season.
You're right. That same type of hit caused an interception in the red zone. I want to see a cut up of that play next. Kyle looked dejected on the sideline after that like he knew it was a TD. I want to see if it really was.
It was the right concept. Unfortunately, I can't see for sure what happened in the pocket because the goal post was right in the way so you can't see if Campbell hits his arm or not. Jimmy said the ball was a little late and it was. His words were, "I owe Zane one on that". It was a "smash" concept with Bourne open in the corner of the endzone.

Are you talking about the interception play? Cuz that certainly look like they got Bourne open there for a would be TD. The throw may have been a tad late but it's hard to tell IMO and Beadles has to do a better job than he did there, simple as that. He holds his block better and it's a TD.
  • thl408
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
And should be a rare exception. I don't look at this with appreciation at all. The team MUST do something about the OL this off-season.
You're right. That same type of hit caused an interception in the red zone. I want to see a cut up of that play next. Kyle looked dejected on the sideline after that like he knew it was a TD. I want to see if it really was.
It was the right concept. Unfortunately, I can't see for sure what happened in the pocket because the goal post was right in the way so you can't see if Campbell hits his arm or not. Jimmy said the ball was a little late and it was. His words were, "I owe Zane one on that". It was a "smash" concept with Bourne open in the corner of the endzone.

Are you talking about the interception play? Cuz that certainly look like they got Bourne open there for a would be TD. The throw may have been a tad late but it's hard to tell IMO and Beadles has to do a better job than he did there, simple as that. He holds his block better and it's a TD.
I'll cut up that sequence of plays. On that red zone trip, the 49ers were trying to hit that Corner route multiple times and when Jimmy finally decided to target it, his arm gets hit.
This was a nice play design and shows the amount of trust that Jimmy has in how the play is drawn up. Kittle's route is designed to occupy the red Hook defender so that Murphy's (18) Dig can attack that area. It's kind of a modified Dagger concept. Still a three level high-low, but it attacks the weakside Hook, not the strongside Hook.
vs Cover3

JAC often incorporates pattern matching into their coverage call. Knowing this, Kyle can use it to his advantage. Kittle runs right by red to attract his eyes. Murphy must quickly get behind the field Hook defender, then start his break. He must get behind that Hook defender.

In this pic, JG is just about done with his throwing motion and the ball is about to leave his fingers. The red Hook is directly in the area where JG is targeting Murphy. But the trust that JG has in the play design allows him to throw this with confidence. Kittle will remove that red Hook defender. Brieda flashing out of the backfield also helps to hold the purple Hook defender.

+17. Compare where the red Hook player is at the time JG released the ball to where Murphy caught the ball. It's the same area, yet JG knows that the red defender won't be there by the time the pass arrives. That's trust in the play design.

weird, your pics didn't show up first but then when I quoted+reply they show up....
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I was a little worried when the 49ers unleashed one of the most destuctive forces the world has ever seen.

Garbage Time Blake Bortles.

Dude's QB rating when Jacksonville is losing by 20 or more was like 140 at one point.

jonnydel/thl408

Any interest in looking at our defense? Dying to see what you guys think about why we seem to be so vulnerable against a hurry-up offense. We saw this against the Titans too.

There is some interest....but Jimmy is so fun

JG is just a MONSTER.

How does he process information SO quickly. In combination with his lightning-quick release? what the f**k. How did we get so spoiled.

How is he THIS good with Shanny's offense when it took Matt Ryan a YEAR?
Love the fact that we have a quarterback that throws past the sticks on 3rd down or puts our guys in position to make the first down posible. Can't tell you how much I've watched replays and highlights of the past few weeks...so happy my dudes! Jimmy G!
  • thl408
Originally posted by braap49er:
i dont think your pictures uploaded

photobucket might be wiggin out.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
JG is just a MONSTER.

How does he process information SO quickly. In combination with his lightning-quick release? what the f**k. How did we get so spoiled.

2018 is gonna be fuuuuuuuuun
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
JG is just a MONSTER.

2018 is gonna be fuuuuuuuuun

Share 49ersWebzone