There are 705 users in the forums
Preseason Game 3 2017: Thoughts after rewatching the game....
Shop Find 49ers gear online
Aug 28, 2017 at 10:45 AM
- crabman82
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,024
Couldnt agree more re: calling it elephant. f**k the leo, thats seattle lingo
Aug 28, 2017 at 10:47 AM
- TheXFactor
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,990
Great analysis Marvin
Aug 28, 2017 at 10:49 AM
- NCommand
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by crabman82:Couldnt agree more re: calling it elephant. f**k the leo, thats seattle lingo
LOL...seriously. It's just shorter.
AA...like last night is going to play every position on the DL.
Aug 28, 2017 at 10:52 AM
- thl408
- Moderator
- Posts: 33,331
What'd you think of Breida? If the season started right now, I feel like he's ahead of JWilliams. Brieda runs hard and is decisive. Trent Taylor is fearless over the middle. He went up for a catch knowing he was going to get popped in the back and he did it. Got stung, and popped back up. I also think he brings a little more dazzle on punt returns over Kerley. One one return, I felt like his eyes lit up because he saw a slight opening, but then he slipped on the turf.
The CBs being talked about as a problem, but let's keep in mind they are being asked to learn new techniques. I'm talking mainly about Spoon and RR. Those are man coverage CBs. They did it all throughout college, and RR was doing it last season. Now they are given more 'read the play, then react' type of assignments. Not saying they can't do it, just that they've never been asked to until this season so they are learning.
The CBs being talked about as a problem, but let's keep in mind they are being asked to learn new techniques. I'm talking mainly about Spoon and RR. Those are man coverage CBs. They did it all throughout college, and RR was doing it last season. Now they are given more 'read the play, then react' type of assignments. Not saying they can't do it, just that they've never been asked to until this season so they are learning.
Aug 28, 2017 at 11:03 AM
- Marvin49
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 16,506
Originally posted by thl408:
What'd you think of Breida? If the season started right now, I feel like he's ahead of JWilliams. Brieda runs hard and is decisive. Trent Taylor is fearless over the middle. He went up for a catch knowing he was going to get popped in the back and he did it. Got stung, and popped back up. I also think he brings a little more dazzle on punt returns over Kerley. One one return, I felt like his eyes lit up because he saw a slight opening, but then he slipped on the turf.
The CBs being talked about as a problem, but let's keep in mind they are being asked to learn new techniques. I'm talking mainly about Spoon and RR. Those are man coverage CBs. They did it all throughout college, and RR was doing it last season. Now they are given more 'read the play, then react' type of assignments. Not saying they can't do it, just that they've never been asked to until this season so they are learning.
I'm not sure on Brieda but I'm pretty sure he's your RB#2 come the regular season. I don't think Hightower or Bibbs make the team and I think Williams will make the 53 but likely won't play much early. Mostert might make the 53 as well or be a Practice Squad candidate. I could see Mostert being up on game days and Williams inactive because Williams doesn't play much on Special Teams.
It seems that maybe they don't trust him in pass pro as much as Mostert, but can't say that for sure
I like Taylor but that size will always concern me. I think he's a lock for the roster.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 28, 2017 at 11:05 AM ]
Aug 28, 2017 at 11:16 AM
- suckafree17
- Veteran
- Posts: 475
I don't know how many times we gave up that same curl window route. 12-15 yard square in. Weak spot for us right now
Aug 28, 2017 at 11:21 AM
- Fanaticofnfl
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,955
Originally posted by suckafree17:I don't know how many times we gave up that same curl window route. 12-15 yard square in. Weak spot for us right now
Any team got a corner? We have Dial!
Aug 28, 2017 at 11:22 AM
- NCommand
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by Marvin49:Originally posted by thl408:What'd you think of Breida? If the season started right now, I feel like he's ahead of JWilliams. Brieda runs hard and is decisive. Trent Taylor is fearless over the middle. He went up for a catch knowing he was going to get popped in the back and he did it. Got stung, and popped back up. I also think he brings a little more dazzle on punt returns over Kerley. One one return, I felt like his eyes lit up because he saw a slight opening, but then he slipped on the turf.
The CBs being talked about as a problem, but let's keep in mind they are being asked to learn new techniques. I'm talking mainly about Spoon and RR. Those are man coverage CBs. They did it all throughout college, and RR was doing it last season. Now they are given more 'read the play, then react' type of assignments. Not saying they can't do it, just that they've never been asked to until this season so they are learning.
I'm not sure on Brieda but I'm pretty sure he's your RB#2 come the regular season. I don't think Hightower or Bibbs make the team and I think Williams will make the 53 but likely won't play much early. Mostert might make the 53 as well or be a Practice Squad candidate. I could see Mostert being up on game days and Williams inactive because Williams doesn't play much on Special Teams.
It seems that maybe they don't trust him in pass pro as much as Mostert, but can't say that for sure
I like Taylor but that size will always concern me. I think he's a lock for the roster.
One thing Breida is excellent at is pass protection too. Spotlight him. He takes a lot of pride in it.
Aug 28, 2017 at 11:23 AM
- NCommand
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:Originally posted by suckafree17:I don't know how many times we gave up that same curl window route. 12-15 yard square in. Weak spot for us right now
Any team got a corner? We have Dial!
That hole is scheme...who do you blame? The CB? ILB? S? ...all three?
Aug 28, 2017 at 11:25 AM
- Fanaticofnfl
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,955
Originally posted by NCommand:That hole is scheme...who do you blame? The CB? ILB? S? ...all three?
Secondary and coaching.
Aug 28, 2017 at 11:27 AM
- 9ersLiferInChicago
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,271
Don't forget about Reid. He was laying the wood all night.
Aug 28, 2017 at 11:27 AM
- NCommand
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 123,365
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:Originally posted by NCommand:That hole is scheme...who do you blame? The CB? ILB? S? ...all three?
Secondary and coaching.
Yeah, every scheme has holes but I'm glad this one was known now. They really need to work on it.
Aug 28, 2017 at 11:30 AM
- English
- Moderator
- Posts: 41,413
Hyde played a blinder. Both our starting O and D played very well. Dont care about the 2nd half.
Aug 28, 2017 at 11:37 AM
- Marvin49
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 16,506
Originally posted by English:
Hyde played a blinder. Both our starting O and D played very well. Dont care about the 2nd half.
Preseason is meaningless, but if there is one game you want to be hitting on all cylinders, this was it. The 3rd preseason game.
It was encouraging to see but likely has little to do with what to expect come September. For me its all about individual player progression and I saw some of that.