There are 147 users in the forums

Brick by Brick : All Access with the San Francisco 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49ers to unveil their own version of Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks, the annual NFL-HBO partnership chronicling one team's training camp, kicks off its new season on Tuesday night. But the Buccaneers aren't the only team giving fans an inside look at their operation.

The 49ers have announced that they're unveiling their own show, entitled, Brick by Brick: all Access with the San Francisco 49ers.

Few details are available about the new series, which will premiere on Thursday. But the trailer features new G.M. John Lynch and coach Kyle Shanahan offering their thoughts on how to build a franchise, and the show will surely feature a behind-the-scenes look at how Lynch and Shanahan are doing those jobs.

Lynch and Shanahan have already taken other steps to get the fans more involved, including moving fan seating at training camp closer to the action. That's a good first step toward helping the 49ers grow more popular in the Bay Area, although a much bigger step would be winning more games.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/49ers-unveil-own-version-hard-153453527.html

Aug 10th Episode 1

Aug 24 Episode 2

Sept 7 Episode 3
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 7, 2017 at 7:35 PM ]
Great.

Premier where?
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Great.

Premier where?
Aug 10th 49ers.com and 49ers youtube channel
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 6, 2017 at 8:50 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Aug 10th 49ers.com and 49ers youtube channel

Sweet. Thanks.

Will watch.
Very smart. They gonna cash in 100% of that s**t rather than some network making most of it. No wonder they decreasing prices.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Very smart. They gonna cash in 100% of that s**t rather than some network making most of it. No wonder they decreasing prices.

The better end of it is actually having full control over what ends up in each episode.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

Yeah, very smart by the Niners.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:
The better end of it is actually having full control over what ends up in each episode.

this
Originally posted by Antix:

this

Better end of it for them, yeah.

For anyone who actually wants a peak inside the building this is going to be pointless though.

I love my 9ers but don't have much interest in pretending I'm going to really learn anything from team-made infomercials.

Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

this

For anyone who actually wants a peak inside the building this is going to be pointless though.

I love my 9ers but don't have much interest in pretending I'm going to really learn anything from team-made infomercials.

Are you not familiar with hard knocks? That show doesn't supply that much info also.
I'm a bit mixed on this. It's great for fans and Lynch is leading a monumental effort in changing the image of this team, especially, nationally, so this is certainly calculated for free agency later, fan attendance, helping to create a home field advantage, etc. but I don't want my GM/POFO to be too visible.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm a bit mixed on this. It's great for fans and Lynch is leading a monumental effort in changing the image of this team, especially, nationally, so this is certainly calculated for free agency later, fan attendance, helping to create a home field advantage, etc. but I don't want my GM/POFO to be too visible.

Times have changed. Twitter age gave more direct access between the GM/official and the general public compared to some years ago. It's a good thing for all to have more access. Just don't go all reactionary and impromptu like the POTUS lol
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

this

Are you not familiar with hard knocks? That show doesn't supply that much info also.

Hard Knocks is like any other NFL property: it's not going to go deep into things like the concussion crisis, but it's not purely an infomercial for the team either. Coaches or players come off both well and not so well.

You can even tell the difference in these things from the promotional clips: for Hard Knocks the promotional clip will be of fights or tense moments that were captured on camera, whereas the promo clip for this is Lynch and Shanahan in a studio saying entirely meaningless platitudes about doing it the right way and working hard over inspirational music.

It's like getting all of your 49ers news from Joe Fann, who in "covering the 49ers" for the 49ers publicity department has never written a single word that could even be possibly misconstrued as anything but fawning praise.

Let's just say that if this is anything but Lynch and Shanahan spouting meaningless football cliches, guys getting pumped up, and up close clips of players bumping into each other on the field, I'll be very surprised, and more than happily eat my words.
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Aug 7, 2017 at 8:19 AM ]

Can they get a better director. That preview was lame.
Share 49ersWebzone