49ers outslug Broncos, ride late George Kittle touchdown to gritty 24-14 win →

There are 705 users in the forums

Which Veterans do you see gone before the season opener?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Lifer:
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Going out on a limb here. AA.

Lynch and dumervil can make AA very tradable.

I don't think Armstead has much value in trade. A lot of people thought he was over-drafted in 2015 and he's accomplished next to nothing in the league. And isn't he a free agent next year? I doubt you could get much for him. His worth to the 49ers, even as a rotational player, probably exceeds his value in trade.

The guy who I can see getting traded is Hyde. The 49ers have a logjam at RB and Hyde is the only one in the group who has real value on the market. All it takes is for one team to have their RB go down in training camp and Hyde could suddenly be worth a second round pick. Considering Shanahan's record of success with unheralded RB's, and the coaching staff being high on Breida, Bibbs, Williams, and Hightower, that leaves Hyde exposed.

Hyde is on a contract year too... nobody is giving up a second.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
1. Tank
2. Beadles
3. Hightower
4. Celek
5. Bell
6. Ellington
7. D.Carter
8. Robinson
9. Smelter(IF injured still, last chance).
10. Harold

Aldrick Robinson will be our 4th WR he isn't getting cut there is a reason why Shanahan brought in guys who,know the system like aldrick and paulsen they will be here
I wonder what the chances are of carrying a 6th WR.

Smelter and BJ Johnson IMO. I really dont known what happens to Ellington even if he tears it up in camp/pre season with Kerley and Taylor on the team. Guess we can possibly add Taylor as a IR special if Kerley and Ellington are better .
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Jun 12, 2017 at 1:43 PM ]
Vance MacDrop is who NEEDS to be cut... that fool sucks
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Vance MacDrop is who NEEDS to be cut... that fool sucks

Teams don't cut a guy they just gave $9M.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I wonder what the chances are of carrying a 6th WR..

I'd say over 50%
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
I wonder what the chances are of carrying a 6th WR..

I'd say over 50%

Smelter,BJ Johnson,Ellington and Bolden.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Smelter,BJ Johnson,Ellington and Bolden.

Yeah I'd be surprised if any of them make the team. Ellington is the most likely but he's got a long way to go.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Vance MacDrop is who NEEDS to be cut... that fool sucks

No way the team will carry the dead money hit that would come with that. Next year will be more plausible to make that move. He's safe for at least this year. Besides Embree is one of the better tight end coachs in the NFL. I want to see if there's anything​ left in McDonald that Embree can get out of him.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Jun 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
IMO, Carradine and Harold will be shown the door, they couldn't make plays when the defense was depleted with injuries, they didn't step it up and pick up the slack, they looked like lost rookies all season long plus I wouldn't be shocked if Hyde is gone, in favor of a Breida and Williams combo, but I'm hoping we keep Hyde this year , we need his violent running style

looks like Vance Mac could also be gone , but I want us to hang on to him also, he is capable of making big plays, his two 70+ yard TD scores show he can make plays, even though it's reported Kyle isn't a fan of his route running , but I'd like to see what Kyle can do with Vance

and Ahmad Brooks is another question mark , but we aren't loaded at LB to just cut him loose

what about you guys , which veterans do you see gone this year?

Cutting Hyde for a UDFA RB

You're throwing out some bigger names as possible cut candidates which I don't see happening.

Look at guys like Ellington, smelter, celek, bell, some PS guys from last yr etc...

All of the one's in bold.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Brooks has been getting the first team reps at SAM. I don't think he's going anywhere.

This. Shanahan has been openly praising Brooks too. He's not going anywhere, people just have this strange need to see a bunch of veteran players cut, even if they are productive, even if the team has nobody waiting in the wings that is a definite upgrade. This team is far from a finished product, there's still a lot of rebuilding left to do and you don't want to get rid of productive veterans if you have nobody better to replace them. Let them play until you do.

I think he'll have a good year.

The DLine is much better

Attacking style D coach

AND - it's last year of his contract - unless I'm wrong on that.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by English:
Certainly not Hyde or McDonald. I still hold it hope that Carradine will, in the new look D and with new coaching staff, finally wake up. Harold I really don't know. Dial perhaps, he never seems quite good enough. Ellington is probably gone. Hightower and Bibbs because it will mean that Williams and Breida have convinced the coaches.

But to be fair, we are running a little short of veterans already!

I see this pretty much like English....but do not see Joe S ever being cut. He will announce one yr to John and kyle that "this is my last yr". That's the only way he leaves here. Guys that deserve being cut are Ellington and the like. If a guy can't get healthy we have no reason to keep him around. There are half a dozen guys like that, and if they make it thru the cuts, i will be surprised. Tank, Eli, both have to come up spades this yr....ie they both have to be aces or adios. Any recurring injury....then they are gone. To stay they have to put on a consistent output of high caliber play and stay healthy. I don't know if either can...or not. If not, then adios.

Agree on Staley.

I have a lot of faith in Trent Brown and in a year he might be able to be LT and move Joe to RT.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Brooks has been getting the first team reps at SAM. I don't think he's going anywhere.

This. Shanahan has been openly praising Brooks too. He's not going anywhere, people just have this strange need to see a bunch of veteran players cut, even if they are productive, even if the team has nobody waiting in the wings that is a definite upgrade. This team is far from a finished product, there's still a lot of rebuilding left to do and you don't want to get rid of productive veterans if you have nobody better to replace them. Let them play until you do.

I think he'll have a good year.

The DLine is much better

Attacking style D coach

AND - it's last year of his contract - unless I'm wrong on that.

He is on a contract year. Brooks,Lynch,Carradine,Reid,DJ,Reaser.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,470
There's so much youth and new faces on this team that I honestly don't see any better known veteran being cut other than Bruce Ellington.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone