LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 191 users in the forums

Which Veterans do you see gone before the season opener?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Tank Caridine must be on the cusp. I had high hopes for this guy when he was drafted.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by PacTiger:
Harold was on my cut list. Now he's accusing the league of black listing Kap because of the protest. Adding weight to his baggage won't help him make this roster or the next.

Yes. He is a little too much drama for the skills that he brings.

I don't see his comments as any type of drama or baggage at all.

That means you like him.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I think he will be gone next year. I see Trent Brown moving to LT and Gilliam at RT for the future.

Shots fired at Redmond and Reiser. Will Davis signed. I like Reiser and who knows about Redmond.

Reiser.

Reiser.

Hightower
  • JEXIT
  • Veteran
Harold was on my cut list. Now he's accusing the league of black listing Kap because of the protest. Adding weight to his baggage won't help him make this roster or the next.

But your not an owner or gm

it seems that titan and pactiger have bigger issues then Kap at least he shows his real concerns which areJUSTIFIED.
Going out on a limb here. AA.

Lynch and dumervil can make AA very tradable.
I doubt it since I don't see neither as better than AA in the run and it'll take away from their pass rush ability IMO by not being as fresh.

Is there a chance? Yeah but very low IMO. If he is trade it would probably be for another player, I don't think a draft pick is going to high enough to pull the trigger.
I'm with smokes on this. AA is going to give us a guy who takes up two OLs or he will be receiving handoffs from the qB in less than 2 seconds after ball is snapped. The guy is just bull power...raw, massive, driving power. There is just no way we want to give something like that away. If he hasn't healed from the shoulder surgery we'll know in short order. But if healthy, he will just be like a wrecking ball, no matter where he lines up. And D's know. IF you don't double him, you are asking for trouble. But if we have Buck, and now Solomon, who also demand 2 blockers each, add in Dumes, then pick your poison at passrush LB(and it can be any of them), you are putting so much brutish power out there that offenses are just going to be stymied. Getting rid of one of our BIG 3 will negate the very thing that kyle and John have built up. Arik is going nowhere as long as he is healthy. But if of good health, he will get mentioned virtually every play. THAT is the promise of our BIG 3...and we are playing 4-3. Right now on the DL we have a huge advantage on the LOS, no matter who we play.

Why would anyone want to give that away?

Bowman, Staley, Hyde, Ward, Buckner, Robinson.

LOL. AA isn't going anywhere. At worst, he's our 3rd best DL and right now, he's the only one who can play all 4 DL positions in base. Given we'll be rotating DL every 5th play, he'll always have value as long as he's committed/healthy.

If anything, it's Lynch that is under the spot light.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jun 11, 2017 at 7:44 AM ]
Ellington is gone for sure. I think Tank and Harold will be fighting for a spot. Depending on how the kids do, Hightower may be a risk. I'm really curious about the 3 guys that they picked up for special teams. Coyle, Watson and Jones....who survives. Even a guy like Barnes, who may have to battle Zuttah, Kilgore and even Beadles.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran

I don't think Armstead has much value in trade. A lot of people thought he was over-drafted in 2015 and he's accomplished next to nothing in the league. And isn't he a free agent next year? I doubt you could get much for him. His worth to the 49ers, even as a rotational player, probably exceeds his value in trade.

The guy who I can see getting traded is Hyde. The 49ers have a logjam at RB and Hyde is the only one in the group who has real value on the market. All it takes is for one team to have their RB go down in training camp and Hyde could suddenly be worth a second round pick. Considering Shanahan's record of success with unheralded RB's, and the coaching staff being high on Breida, Bibbs, Williams, and Hightower, that leaves Hyde exposed.
Our pass rush ability is questionable, but we have a solid line to rotate now and it should only get better every week.

Brooks knows something we don't! That dude has survived many regimes lol

I smell logical cuts coming tbh. Its not like were up against the cap and have to make a hard choice. Whoever plays the best will get the spot. Benefit of sucking so bad recently - we can only look up!
Share 49ersWebzone