There are 169 users in the forums

Favorite 49er Selection from 2017 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Favorite 49er Selection from 2017 Draft

Froster for sure!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
foster's talent, value and his personality on and off the field will turn this into a true team. remember when we had willis, bowman and young aldon and whitner? the defense felt like a brotherhood that would do anything for eachother. as players left the vibe changed and play declined. i think getting some much needed attitude on defense and some "characters" in the locker room is what this team desperately needs.

I am so pumped. I think Thomas AND Buckner can dominate the way Justin Smith was able to, both of them can hog their way and disrupt running lanes and cause pressure on the QB. Arik Armstead maybe the Ray McDonald of that Dline. We have Bowman, Foster may be just as dominate as Patrick Willis was his rookie year, I remember game 1 vs Arizona on MNF he had over 10 tackles and a FF. Malcom Smith still had some game in him, Eric Reid, Jimmy Ward, some young talent at Corner, I cant wait to see this defense this year yet alone how it comes along in 2-3 years..... It has all the makings of coming together as it did from 2009-2013.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
foster's talent, value and his personality on and off the field will turn this into a true team. remember when we had willis, bowman and young aldon and whitner? the defense felt like a brotherhood that would do anything for eachother. as players left the vibe changed and play declined. i think getting some much needed attitude on defense and some "characters" in the locker room is what this team desperately needs.

I am so pumped. I think Thomas AND Buckner can dominate the way Justin Smith was able to, both of them can hog their way and disrupt running lanes and cause pressure on the QB. Arik Armstead maybe the Ray McDonald of that Dline. We have Bowman, Foster may be just as dominate as Patrick Willis was his rookie year, I remember game 1 vs Arizona on MNF he had over 10 tackles and a FF. Malcom Smith still had some game in him, Eric Reid, Jimmy Ward, some young talent at Corner, I cant wait to see this defense this year yet alone how it comes along in 2-3 years..... It has all the makings of coming together as it did from 2009-2013.

hopefully they take advantage of their next dominant defense and win that superbowl! still hate roman/kap/crabtree for that last series...
Alot of what if's but if Bowman has no injury setbacks and Foster keeps his head in the game, they have the ability to become another Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis type tandem.
1. Witherspoon - I really think this guy can be a lockdown corner

2. Thomas - If he gets even close to Justin, I'll be extremely excited

3. Kittle - Had us taking him in my mock, just seems like a perfect fit for KS

4. Williams - rooting for the guy to get mentally healthy and dominate
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Alot of what if's but if Bowman has no injury setbacks and Foster keeps his head in the game, they have the ability to become another Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis type tandem.

those ladies sound nice, but we have our own great LB tandem in SF's history too
My vote is for tha 2nd & 3rd round picks for tha 2018 draft

those ladies sound nice, but we have our own great LB tandem in SF's history too
They gotta get on Kuechly and Davis' level before their ready to get on 2011-2013 Bowman AND Willis' level.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on May 1, 2017 at 2:50 PM ]
Froster of course not even close if they decide to move him around instead of just playing the inside I wouldn't be surprised if he wins a starting job at OLB either. He's that talented
I think Joe Williams has a chance to be an absolute stud - fits Shanahan's scheme perfectly. Can't wait to see him on the field.

DJ needed some love. He got my vote.

I miss those 2 giving out free tattoos on Sundays
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for nj9er.
I like the Foster pick but I didn't really watch much tape of him since at 2 I didn't think there would be anyway he would be a 49ers. I just went back and watched some film and the violence he plays with will really set a tone on defense. If he can keep his $h*t together he has the potential to be a better LB than Bowman and Willis.
Thomas duh
Solomon was a no brainer at their spot, loved Foster but Witherspoon was my favorite simply because of the potential of what he can be and where he was drafted(3rd). Athletically similar to Sherman, if he becomes anything close to that he's a lock down corner for years to come. Has to learn to tackle as he's literally allergic to it, but that'll be teached.
[ Edited by Mdizzle27 on May 1, 2017 at 7:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone