LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 192 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - TE George Kittle Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
dude is supposed to be the next vernon davis.

I'm finna get on this train and see what the hype is about.

TE's take about two to three years to develop so I'll give him a pass, as long as I see .....something.

Kittle can actually catch the ball with his hands and without jumping though.

Wait a minute!

Hold on...a TE who doesn't have drop issues (VD, Walker & McDonald) AND one who doesn't hop when he body-catches (VD)?

Come again...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Due to unfortunate choice in friends I watched Iowa a bunch (Well, I'm from Iowa!!!) and got to sample all the corn dishes during game day the past couple years. We went to the Iowa bar for food but everyone ordered pizza from next door.

Anyway, Beathard looked solid especially with Kittle. That 6 yard pass over the middle was unstoppable especially on 3rd down.

CJ is not solid and the only corn dish iowa has is corn on the cob. but kittle is a nice tight end and found a way to do well in spite of a failure at qb head coach and OC at iowa. and their lice infested fan base. the worst combination in the world is an iowa fan who likes the vikings
Originally posted by cciowa:
Due to unfortunate choice in friends I watched Iowa a bunch (Well, I'm from Iowa!!!) and got to sample all the corn dishes during game day the past couple years. We went to the Iowa bar for food but everyone ordered pizza from next door.

Anyway, Beathard looked solid especially with Kittle. That 6 yard pass over the middle was unstoppable especially on 3rd down.

CJ is not solid and the only corn dish iowa has is corn on the cob. but kittle is a nice tight end and found a way to do well in spite of a failure at qb head coach and OC at iowa. and their lice infested fan base. the worst combination in the world is an iowa fan who likes the vikings

im going to go out on a limb and say you are a bit bias towards U of Iowa haha?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
look at their schedule.. first off , they always play the poor sisters of mary and then then play tons of creme puffs at home early. they blame the sun and weather and refs for losses. they always fade when they face good people. and yes their fans have head lice. my daughter went to university of northern iowa and they have a good football program. no one knows anything about iowa state football.

hopefully the opposition whiffs within the first couple of hits because no doubt the NFL elite will try to shut that shti down asap . no exceptions.

try to intimidate the younger up and commers with brutal hits early in the career and shatter their confidence.

It worked against Leinart when Patrick Willis lit him up preseason. that hit was insane.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
look at their schedule.. first off , they always play the poor sisters of mary and then then play tons of creme puffs at home early. they blame the sun and weather and refs for losses. they always fade when they face good people. and yes their fans have head lice. my daughter went to university of northern iowa and they have a good football program. no one knows anything about iowa state football.

lol im just messing with you man. I'll take your word since it looks like you have been around iowa football alot

hopefully the opposition whiffs within the first couple of hits because no doubt the NFL elite will try to shut that shti down asap . no exceptions.

try to intimidate the younger up and commers with brutal hits early in the career and shatter their confidence.

It worked against Leinart when Patrick Willis lit him up preseason. that hit was insane.

THAT was a highlight for the ages.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Would love to see him breakout the way some are suggesting. But we need to pump the breaks a bit.

Runaway expectations, particularly for a 5th round pick, are how people end up calling players a bust after one season.
Kittle is better than Austin Hooper who had actually a nice rookie season last year with the Falcons.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
You mean he COULD be better.... lets not give it to Kittle yet, he's yet to make the team nor play a down..

Somebody tell me if its safe to see Moons posts these days.... Im scared but intrigued
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Somebody tell me if its safe to see Moons posts these days.... Im scared but intrigued

I don't even notice the box that says post is hidden anymore lol
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by IT21:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Well Beathard won't be lonely. Kittle was his favorite target. Speedy, well built TE that needs refinement as a blocker but instantly he's a better option than Celek.

Ran a 4.52 40 at 250 pounds. Very good value at this point in the draft.
4.52 at 250?
what was Vernon's time again at what weight?

Like 4.38 at 250.... I think

there's no way he ran an official 4.38 lol

I think people forget what a physical freak Vernon was when he come out of college.

there is a reason he got us those big play TDs. he was just was alittle stiff. not agile.

I'm trying to remember the last TE that went that high in the draft.

This is definitely in the past, but...

VD always made me angry. He always would try to move and move and move to try to avoid a tackler and then let his pure speed get him through. I was hoping eventually he would just truck over a defender - especially a DB.

Oh well. He was a talented specimen.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

THAT was a highlight for the ages.

Link please????
BeatHard4KittleCorn
Share 49ersWebzone