There are 161 users in the forums

Replacing the Strength and Conditioning Staff

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This change shows that really nothing is being overlooked, they are looking to improve everywhere.

Exactly the way I see it as well. In fact, I'm incredibly impressed they even "saw it" let alone attacked it the second the FO was in place.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
This needed to happen and was tops on my list of changes.

NC looks like you and I and some others weren't the only ones who noticed how many injuries there have been on this team - way, way more than the league average. This tells me the guys aren't prepared as they should be physically. The Strenght and Conditioning team absolutely should be fired. AA is an example - that young and already missing time because of injury. Crazy.

Yes sir...we always heard "it's just an excuse...everybody gets injuries." It is...until it hits a certain limit and we went WAY over it 3 straight years. It was the big elephant in the room but was the foundation of many of our problems (ripple effects). If you can't get on the field and STAY on the field, nothing else matters. Super excited about a change here!

Please stop scapegoating every one on the team for upper management failures. Uh huh. We went 7-25 because our s&c guys couldnt bench press a qb out their ahole and hire a head coach with pro x and o's and come up with 50m to sign a fricken free agent.

Yea, if ray ray is injured, how can any team win?
Quinn and Mora will probably tell Shanahan to do the Navy SEAL training session.
Really happy this was taken care of. Seemed like something small that would be over looked or dealt with another year but seems like Lynch is holding everyone accountable. I like that
I looked at all 32 teams in Dec '16 WRT how many players each had on the IRL. Both NE and Atlanta had among the fewest...Niners had among the most. There's a definite correlation between the number of players on IRL and W-L records. Injuries do happen...a lot. But, it's that fine line between being able to heal players before they go on the IRL that matters the most. It's hard enough to win in the NFL...but when you have a third of your roster on IRL something's drastically wrong. That's exactly where the Niners were in Dec...hence the firing of our entire strength & conditioning staff. Good on Lynch to not only recognize the problem, but act on it swiftly.
bring in TO
Average 19 guys on IR /yr for last 3 yrs and somebody KNOWs something is wrong. It is a mark of a HC with good eye on "what's wrong here?"....and means we are finally going to get this bugaboo from around our necks. S and C coach is a lot different than a strength coach. A lot.
Way over due. Since Harbs last season here we've been dropping like flies every season.
bring in fat ass Jay Glazer
Originally posted by RonMexico:
bring in TO

Everyone is required to do sit ups in their driveway while talking s**t about the QB.

bring in TO

Speaking of T.O, I always wondered why WR that are built strong, don't slide in and play TE to extend their career a bit. T.O was huge, he could have been a good safety blanket and made some decent blocks.
Originally posted by KayFabe:
bring in TO

Speaking of T.O, I always wondered why WR that are built strong, don't slide in and play TE to extend their career a bit. T.O was huge, he could have been a good safety blanket and made some decent blocks.

Probably ego, he probably doesn't want to be known as a TE.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This change shows that really nothing is being overlooked, they are looking to improve everywhere.
+1 exactly
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This needed to happen and was tops on my list of changes.

NC looks like you and I and some others weren't the only ones who noticed how many injuries there have been on this team - way, way more than the league average. This tells me the guys aren't prepared as they should be physically. The Strenght and Conditioning team absolutely should be fired. AA is an example - that young and already missing time because of injury. Crazy.

Yes sir...we always heard "it's just an excuse...everybody gets injuries." It is...until it hits a certain limit and we went WAY over it 3 straight years. It was the big elephant in the room but was the foundation of many of our problems (ripple effects). If you can't get on the field and STAY on the field, nothing else matters. Super excited about a change here!

Please stop scapegoating every one on the team for upper management failures. Uh huh. We went 7-25 because our s&c guys couldnt bench press a qb out their ahole and hire a head coach with pro x and o's and come up with 50m to sign a fricken free agent.

Yea, if ray ray is injured, how can any team win?

NC I'll let you respond to this one because you have the complete list. Sorry brodie but NC is right here - this just isn't about last season; it's about, really the last FOUR seasons.

Oy voy...no need. He's seen the facts...will just ignore and state the same stuff "scapegoating" or "every team has injuries" completely glossing over the truth and point.

Hopefully this will be a much healthier year...hence why the entire staff was JUST FIRED.
I think Kyle was all over this one.

"I knew they were hurting. They had a lot of guys on I.R. I knew they were down in personnel in certain situations. I knew they were in a tough situation...the way they got hit with the injury bug and us getting them at the end of the year, it was a tough situation for them...I knew they were struggling from a personnel standpoint with injuries they went through." ~ Kyle Shanahan on facing the 49ers/strategy

This shows you how an OC faced us over the past 3 years...teams knew not only we were reeling with injuries but knew that running certain formations would give them an automatic advantage b/c we didn't have the matchups in personnel b/c we were down with injuries.
Share 49ersWebzone