Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i wouldn't say it was totally ineffective as stats don't tell the whole story.
It was ineffective in terms of production. Obviously the Rams focused on it, so that can help their passing offense. But the players still have to produce, and their passing offense came through when they needed it most.
It's basically the same thing that's happening to them so far this season. I think Price has faced the 6th most stacked boxes of any runner in football, and their run game hasn't been efficient. Meanwhile Drew Lock is top 3 in the commonly cited efficiency stats people use to judge QBs (passer rating, QBR, EPA/db).
I definitely agree stats don't tell the full story. That's one of the reasons I'm pushing back on the idea that the Seahawks averaging 3.8 yards a carry through three weeks shows any meaningful difference between this year's Seattle offense and last years. Teams will load up against the run and challenge them to be successful through the air, especially with a backup QB.